1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade D-Mo, Thornton to Pistons for first round pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 18, 2016.

?

Do you like this trade for the Rockets?

1. YES

185 vote(s)
    27.6%
  2. NO

485 vote(s)
    72.4%
  1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Hey Durant, come to Houston!

We'll let you pick your own coach!

We tried real hard to get rid of that big dumb Dwert that you hate so much, just didn't work out.

Sure, Lawson's career died here, but you'll thrive!

What's that? Do we have a good team of supporting players? Nah, but we'll make it work promise!

What's that? You want to know how we bottomed out after one year? Chemistry issues.

Did we fix them? Well, um...we fired the coach and got rid of Dwert!

Durant? Hello? Durant?

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

late first round pick :rolleyes:

3. malakas

malakas Member

it's simple . You are either win now. In which case you keep DMO who is the best pf in the roster and try to lure Durant.
    Or you are rebuilding in which case you trade everything for picks AND eat Joel for the good second rounders.

4. malakas

malakas Member

talk to me in a month larsv. I actually watch closely the east, more than the west. And I'm very aware of how the Bulls and Indy have been falling. And how vulnerable the Heat is after losing Bosh, and if Wade has ONE injury.

The difference between the current 9th seed that Detroit is and the 4th seed is minuscule.
    And while Bulls, Pacers and Heat have been trending downwards, the Pistons have made actual GOOD moves to become much better.

5. do work son

do work son Member

the pistons pick is a late 1st round pick? the team knocking on the door for 8 seed in the east? that's interesting.

not to mention, 1st round picks got us harden. but i get it, y'all like to play dense on here for the sake of reactions.

6. pass_to_Hakeem

DMo was hurt and never got on the court. Darn I will miss that

7. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

We gave him a Houston-sized welcome.... by shipping his butt to Philly! :cool:

8. malakas

malakas Member

LMAO knocking on the 8th is like a couple of losses behind the 5th and 4th seed?
    Knocking on the Bulls who have been losing to teh likes of MINNY? :grin: :rolleyes:

Maybe watch some east games before start commentating on how the eastern teams do.

Good luck on getting Harden with a pick in the 20s.
    Not like Ainge has like 100000 picks to get him first. Noooooo. Morrey with his one bad first will get that new imaginary Harden.

9. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Yep Pistons are one of the top 6 teams in the East now. They're only 3.5 games behind Atlanta. Bosh is out in Miami, so they free fall. Indy has been struggling. Bulls have no Butler. They're more talented than Charlotte. They can easily vault to 4.

10. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Keep in mind that it's very common for the details of deadline deals to be reported wrong at the dead line and not be corrected until late that night. It's happened multiple times where deadline deals look one way when first reported and look significantly different when they officially go thru.

11. malakas

malakas Member

Not only Butler. Mirotic had a setback and will stay away much longer, possibly even all season.

Indy has serious problems with their frontcourt and overtax George. And Miami if Bosh is out will even miss the playoffs alltogether.

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

This.

13. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

ETTTTTTFFFFBEOWGEKSJFBFODKCBDKSKXJCBSJSKDKXB

14. mustang98

mustang98 Member

So you were watching the games prior to this trade to see Dmo on the bench and Thornton? You really think not having those 2 players is the only reason they'll get swept out of the first round?

15. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

I know this doesn't mean much but on paper, our team still looks very good and has depth.

Lawson/Beverly
    Harden/Terry
    Ariza/Brewer
    Jones/Smith
    Dwight/Capela

It's unfortunate we aren't winning games but hey, trade deadline is over so might as well just hope for the best now.

16. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Pistons should make the playoffs and if the newcomers are any good they are gonna make a serious push for top 4.

17. for-three

for-three Member

Not surprised Dwight wasn't moved, teams were offering crap deals for him.

A first round pick for DMO is good value, but I don't like the fact the Rockets just traded the only big that can hit a free-throw.

I don't understand including Marcus is the deal, he was one of the few players on the team that could create his own shot and had a good outside shot.

I was really hoping the Rockets would go after a defensive minded power forward that can rebound. Taj Gibson in my opinion would have been a great fit on this team. Seems like Morey is missing the chance to add solid pieces to this team, all because he he's chasing stars (Durant) that most likely won't sign with the Rockets.

18. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Detroit becomes 4-5 seed in the east.

SVG is building a 07-09 Orlando clone.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not having DMo healthy was a big part of why this season was as bad as it has been, he finally gets healthy so there is hope for some kind of turnaround and he's traded along with one of the only bench scorers AND a 2nd round pick for a late first round pick and getting under the luxury.

It was a loser move by a cheapskate organization and yet another reason for Durant to not consider Houston at all in free agency.

20. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Lol the NBA TV guys laughing at Durant to Houston.

Aldridge: He's not going to Houston.