1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey is so underrated

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jogo, Feb 18, 2016.

1. jogo

jogo Member

He turned a RFA that we weren't going to keep next year into a 1st round pick. That pick will have a lot more value than the haters think.

I liked Dmo, too. Or, rather, I liked Dmo before he got hurt and now may never be same player. He had a small stretch where he looked great, BEFORE the injury. Jones has had stretches where he looked great, too.

Thornton shot 33% from 3. I think we'll be okay. We can find another bench scorer, this is not a big loss.

There's often a lot of traderhaters out there but Morey knows what he's doing. Remember how well Pablo played for us last year? Or how about KJ? OK, KJ hasn't done anything but he needs some playing time and a Brewer trade to see what he has.

We'll be fine. This is a move for the future. Unless we package that pick with some players today and get someone who can help out this year.

1 person likes this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We got worse - DM has no clue - he has had 7 years, time for him to go.

DD

3. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

This won't end well.

4. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

I'm on Morey's train all the way. Maybe it's the nerd geek in me - but I'll follow him 'til the wheels roll off. Rockets will be fine.

1 person likes this.
  5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

How did this impact the goal of winning a championship in a negative way?

Please explain oh all knowing one??

6. DaDakota

Our GM and owner care more about the Lux tax line than winning - how is that a good thing for Rockets fans?

Cheap teams NEVER win.

Are you kidding me? We just got NOTHING back for a guy that is a solid NBA player with significant height and possibly the best post game in the league for a draft pick (which is a BIG stretch as to whether the player will be even that good) & a solid shooter off the bench in Thornton - our team just got worse.....why? To save money.

Orgs that are about the bottom line are stuck in the middle or the bottom - Morey just went full Hinkie....wooohoo...great time to be a fan......NOT!

DD

7. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Traded that frail cac for a possibly top 10 pick
    [​IMG]

8. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Firsts in that range are a crapshoot

9. NickKent

NickKent Member

We're planning for the future - this team has no shot at contending even if they sneak into the playoffs. We traded two guys we weren't going to bring back next year anyways for a 1st round pick, how is that a bad thing?

10. Jimmy Chitwood

I would like this trade more if I didn't love DMo so much and if I trusted Morey's ability to draft 1st round players.

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Not Morey's fault that Melo chose to money chase, that Bosh chose to money chase, that Dwight declined so rapidly, that D-Mo's back gave out.

He's acquired the talent, you can't really predict what happens afterwards.

1 person likes this.
  12. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

*Pushes away work to enjoy DD in full r****d mode.*

1 person likes this.
  13. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

maybe since we aren't getting Dwight back next year, Morey thinks now is the best time to stockpile assets so that when the time comes, we can make a quick turnaround and get another star

14. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kxRX6LXDpWs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

DD in full meltdown mode. Never seen him so angry.

I bet he's pacing.

16. Newlin

Newlin Member

I think there was too much uncertainty about DMo's health for the Rockets to sign him to a large multi-year contract this summer. A first round draft pick was too much to say no to.

17. AXG

AXG Member

So you'd rather overpay for a mediocre player with a bad back just for the sake of it? Mmmkay...

18. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you build a culture of assets flipping, then your assets will flip the team around whenever they want to. Fans will flip their attitude on the team and players whenever they want to. Championship teams FO build their team around the culture of loyalty, chemistry, team and brotherhood. Talent can only get you so far.

19. DaDakota

I don't want a guy that has proven he can't build a team to be in charge of the future.

DD

20. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

I think if we have a real contending team, Les would pay to keep it together to make a run at titles. Right now, we dont have that team (like we thought we did this summer) so you keep moving pieces until you can get another star talent. No need to hold on to DMo anymore. He was not helping the team. Thornton was streaky and we need more than him right now to help this team get better. Package that new pick with a role player to try and get a star talent. Keep our flexibility.