1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clippers looking to trade Blake Griffin?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mr. 13 in 33, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Takeoff

Takeoff Member

Dwight to Cle, love to LA and blake to the good guys. Who blinks?

2. what

what Member

3. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

The exception is draft picks. Look at the Garnett and Pierce to Brooklyn trade. BKN got the best players, but the trade could go down as one of the most lopsided trades ever, even though nobody knows who Boston will draft.

4. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I think unless the picks are held by a team like the spurs, its probably not gonna pan out. Just look at our history of draft picks

5. mario_v

mario_v Member

I don't understand why clippers would even consider trading Griffin. He's a superstar in his prime.

Is it because he hit that guy?

6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Doc is coach and GM. If he is sick of him as a coach he is unlikely to tall himself off the ledge as a GM.

Win for someone.

7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

They're probably sick of the fake tough guy act plus I think their record is shockingly good without him.

8. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

If Griffin wants to come to Houston and somehow we can swing that without losing Dwight... Morey would be a genious!

9. Lovemachine2000

Come on you guys, the source is Broussard, in other words, complete BS.

10. mig0s

mig0s Member

Tjones + Dmo for Griffin. Get it done Merry

11. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Doc is stupid... he isn't that stupid.

Now, Dwight + Tjones + DMo for Blake + Stevenson would be a trade I could see. Throw in pick swaps as well. This let's DJ be the man (which is what he wanted in Dallas), this gives Dwight a major market, and this adds another playmaker with sub par defense to Houston.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=z3o9ewh

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

How does this give DJ an opportunity at being "the man"?

If anything now he gets put in a position battle with a guy that has just about the same skill set as him.

Trade makes sense for us but not so much for them... Do you recall the horrible issues we had in regards to spacing when Asik was still here and we got Dwight? Yup, those same issues will arise in LA and then you start brining up if it would be best to bring one of the two off the bench. I'm pretty sure that guy will be DJ instead of Dwight since he has a somewhat better low post game and more experience, plus he's a FA to be so you would think they'd do their best to keep him instead of becoming a half a season rental.

This doesn't work for them I believe.

13. Fefo

Fefo Member

why would the clippers want another centerwho cant post up or spread the floor. also a 50% ft shooter.
    for the rockets is imposible to get blake unless giving up harden wich is not going to happen, or a 3rd team involved.

14. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Outside of the Blake injury DJ is the third option. With Blake gone DJ becomes the number 2 in this equation. I get your Asik comparison, but there is one major flaw in it: Asik is totally incompetent on offense. The guy can rebound, he can screen and roll, and that's pretty much it. Dwight has a hell of a lot more to him than Asik does, and if you put Dwight and DJ on the court together you could see a lot of clean up plays from missed shots. This makes players like Reddick better and it makes CP3 happy having more options on those PNRs (if Dwight is willing to play ball).

Also, not a single person is talking about the elephant in the room here. No team will pay Dwight what he thinks he's owed if Dwight doesn't at least make it out of the second round. So the whole 1 year rental only applies to losing teams. The team with Dwight's bird rights will hold the cards a lot more so than the Lakers did. This is Dwight's last big contract, he knows it, the NBA knows it. You could get Dwight to take slightly less per year and stretch it to 5 instead of being a team trying to lure him away committing more cap over 4 (125 for 5 instead of 120 for 4 is a lot more palatable). As long as it's a team with a chance to win I see Dwight taking the 5 year deal and staying put.

Maybe I'm wrong, it wouldn't be the first time.

15. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

They would be completely insane to trade Blake. He's not just an all-star, he's a potential MVP.

16. Fefo

Fefo Member

what are u talking about? dwight + dj in the floor would be as bad as combination of bigs as i can think of. They have no range, no ft % shooting. Will clog the the paint making it imposible to penetrate. This makes no sense at all.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

"Sources: Celtics targeting Blake Griffin, will make major deal soon"

18. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Griffin would be an amazing fit for the Rockets. Too bad they have no assets to get it done.

19. malakas

malakas Member

Rightttt let's see what happens.

If it's between Westbrook and Griffin I would feel more comfortamble with Westbrook staying than Griffin.
    Say what you want about Westbrook and his fashion but the one who actually likes the Hollywood and hanging out with actors is Griffin.

20. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Sounds like Horford is content to play center, combined with the recent comment he made about Dwight going to Atlanta, that at one time he wanted to play PF (meaning he has got over that idea) and that he could have played with Dwight.