1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Houston has started contacting teams about trading Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Has an NBA insider fallen faster than Ric Bucher?

2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Why do you think Woj has his own website and is universally-regarded as the NBA's best reporter? Is there anyone on the planet that would pick SAS, Broussard, Windhorst or Isola over Woj? I don't think there is -- and that's why Woj is generally regarded as superior and has the best salary/job/reputation. Yes, there are consequences for being wrong. It takes a lot to be outright fired at that level, especially if you sometimes get things right (which those four do)... but each of them has taken credibility hits over things they've missed.

Also, to make it clear, I don't think anyone at that level "makes up" a rumor. This isn't amateur hour. They may not filter it as deeply as Woj does, and that's why they aren't as reliable, but there's a wide gulf between that and making something up.

3. malakas

malakas Member

people like Wolfson or Gerry Woelful?

Yeah I can imagine..I actually am aware of media members like this guy who make up rumours from what they hear and almost all the time it's BULLCRAP.

Gerry Woelful the Bucks beat writer makes a rumour eery other day. He makes so many and has hit in about two or three in all his carreer. And because he hit on them (one of them was because Larry's agent had a personal vendetta against his former client and leaked on purpose) legitimate news sources and forums and sites quote him like he's some kind of credible.
    Only the hardcore Bucks fans who actually have been listening to his crap for years on, know that he's a senile old man. But noone listens to them.:rolleyes:

So yeah. Wont' do anything for his credibillity.

If you want to believe him that's your choice. I have no problem with this. Do as you want. I won't attack anyone who believes him. I just do not believe him. It's alright. (I also have a very good memory when it comes to the sources and remember who has been sprouting crap and who doesn't years after. ). :)

4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Because people over rate Dwight on this site.

5. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Freaking Worrell ruining my broadcasts and now rumor thread with his incessant bickering.

6. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Terrence Jones for Ben Mclemore. Get it done Maori!

7. Ol Bill Worrell

:cool: lol no question. I'll calm it down.

8. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

Teague is scoring more points per game in less minutes than Dragic
    Teague is shooting 40% from 3pt, Dragic is shooting 33%
    Teague is shooting 84.9% from FT, Dragic is shooting 68.7%
    Teague is 27 in his 7th season, Dragic is 29 in his 8th season.

Horford is scoring 3 more points per game in 3 more minutes than Whiteside
    Whiteside is a much better rebounder and blocker.
    Horford is a much better shooter.
    Horford shoots nearly 80% from FT and Whiteside shoots closer to 55%
    Horford is 29 in his 9th season, Whiteside is 26 in his 4th season.

Horford is a 12 mil expiring (I believe with Bird Rights)
    Teague is on a great contract good through next year at 8 mil

Whiteside is a 950k expiring (no bird rights)
    Dragic is on a big contract of 70 mil over the next four years.

Why are we letting Miami get the better players in this deal if all that is going to Atlanta is Dwight and picks???

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

context: as it relates to Al Horford being available.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It is very, very real. <a href="https://t.co/v67ilQEHt2">https://t.co/v67ilQEHt2</a></p>&mdash; Zach Lowe (@ZachLowe_NBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/699350246132875264">February 15, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">When the first HOrford stuff came out, I figured it would die down pretty quick, be met with a stiff denial. Didn’t happen.</p>&mdash; Hardwood Paroxysm (@HPbasketball) <a href="https://twitter.com/HPbasketball/status/699350149659627520">February 15, 2016</a></blockquote>

10. malakas

malakas Member

Yup. Woj AND Stein (for me it's 1a and 1b wiht them) do their job well, have the connections. My response was refering to that post that said that every rumour is a rumour. That's wrong. A rumour has varying levels of credibillity depending on who posts it.

I am pretty sure that some people on that level make things up. That bballinsider guy Kyler what's his name makes things up (at least when it comes to the other teams besides the Magic).

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

From a friend of mine on Facebook, says it is breaking news:

Rockets, Heat, Hawks discussing 3-way. Howard to ATL, Horford and Teague to Mia, Dragic and Whteside, Anderson to Hou.

DD

12. malakas

malakas Member

yup. That would be great. I thnk Mclemore is a bust and wont' amount to much but at least you get a cheap year of a young wing and hope he manages to develop a bit better or fit here. Nothing to lose at this point.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Welcome to 3 hours ago. :p

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

A rumored deal that we have been discussing in this thread all afternoon.

15. FabsRubio

FabsRubio Member

Why wouldnt Houston just take Horford and Teague?

16. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

TELL US MORE

17. p10maggs

p10maggs Member

Unrelated in a sense, but I love how Harden mentioned getting back D-MO specifically as key piece to the success of the rest of our season.. I think we all know the glue D-Mo brings to the table and we desperately need it.

18. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I'm listening :grin:

19. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Also interesting, from the Miami side (Ethan is very good):

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Important to distinguish at deadline between listening &amp; shopping. My understanding is the Heat will &quot;listen&quot; on everyone but Wade/Bosh.</p>&mdash; Ethan J. Skolnick (@EthanJSkolnick) <a href="https://twitter.com/EthanJSkolnick/status/699340237533749249">February 15, 2016</a></blockquote>

Typically, if there's a nonsense rumor about a fairly big name (Horford, Dragic, Whiteside all qualify), their current team will use someone else in the media to shoot it down. No one wants their player feeling uneasy about the organization for no reason. With both ATL and MIA not doing that, it makes you wonder. Not saying it proves Spolane's deal is accurate, but the lack of denial is worth something.

20. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Old and no way we accept this bs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.