1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JB says Rockets a "broken team"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kjayp, Feb 11, 2016.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Howard has foot out the door, he is out of here next year, so I doubt much changes with him on the team.

This is a product of the way we do business, the consistent churn, folks have no reason to ever buy COMPLETELY in.....

DD

2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Keep battling? You're 2/3 of the way through the season, Daryl. You've got no more games til the trade deadline. It's now or never. Either admit this team needs to be blown up and rebuilt or lose your job this offseason when they either miss the playoffs or sneak in and get swept in the first round.

3. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

That bad roster got them to the Western Conference Finals last season and the 2nd seed. Getting a real coach with a good system is paramount at the moment before tearing the whole thing down IMO.

4. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Fournier is going to demand a lot of cash and Orlando likes him, especially on his current expiring.

No comment on the other guy (yet). :)

5. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Where was the PnR from last year that worked so well even when teams knew it was coming? OH, replaced by Harden iso...

Doesn't matter what coach you put in there, unless it's one who is willing to put his job on the line to sit players that don't listen. You do what the coach asks and lose, so be it. You do what you want, and still lose, F that.

6. JD88

JD88 Member

Morey has assembled all the talent in the world.

As much as any of us have ever seen.

That's his job. It's not on him to win games.

7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I think Morey is targeting Korver, Nerlens , Jeff Teague or Dennis the German Menace, Victor Oladipo, George Hill, Ryan Anderson, PJ Tucker and Meyers Leonard. I would be surprised if we weren't able to swing at least one of these players and I don't think giving up Dwight would be necessary. ESPN suggested Lawson and Capela for Horford, I really can't see Atlanta biting but I could see them doing those guys for Teague if they are truly ready to hand the keys to Dennis.

Are you hearing any of these guys names?

8. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

It's disappointing that no one on this team has the courage to say what the real deal is? Call a spade a spade and let's blow it up. This team isn't going to recover from this malaise of a season.

Your superstar (James) player must play both ends of the court and his Robin (D12) must pick up the slack for your superstar. I would love a 10 point 15 rb and 6 block shots from D12.

9. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

JBB is a broken coach.

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Don't want Anderson to break his leg before we can acquire him, ay, Mr. Trade Kryptonite? ;)

11. CCorn

CCorn Member

Has Codman chimed in to tell us to relax, that Murray has a plan?

12. Ns575

Ns575 Member

Fix the typo in your siggy it's bothering me

13. conquistador#11

I thought this was appropriate. Just imagine morley walking a lonely street, with the wind lifting his unbuttoned shirt.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jewX6Yj8Bdg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Not a typo. You missed the Cluth rage :)

15. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Last year's playoff run was a complete fluke. Anyone who thinks otherwise simply hasn't been watching this team. The issues we have this year (iso ball, terrible perimeter, transition and overall team defense, on-off shooting) are the exact same as last, only this year Harden is even more inconsistent (with the exception of his defense, which is consistent in its wretchedness).

Harden and Howard don't play well together and will never play well together. Their games simply don't mix and no coach (not even Poppovich) can change that. And the chemistry of this group is damaged beyond repair - a coach can't fix a team that doesn't want to play together.

If we can get Teague and Horford for Howard, I make that trade. Harden has no ability to make the pass to a cutting big man but I think he can (and will) make the pass to the big guy on the outside for a jump shot. Teague gives us a legit starter at PG who will force Harden to play off the ball some.

16. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Two things come to mind for me:

1) It does make me laugh that Morey has been making big changes every off season he has been here. The team has been improving every single year as well. This offseason, though, we all wanted to keep the team in tact... and somehow they get a lot worse.

2) I find it completely ridiculous to me that it has taken this long to figure out that this team is broken. We've been saying it for months.

This team was great because they all had something to prove. It's time to go get some guys with a chip on their shoulder.

17. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Not a surprising assessment at all....very predictable 11 games into the season.

Any team that fires a head coach 11 games into a season after winning 56 games the previous season and making a WCF appearance is "broken". Any team that then hires the assistant coach that was responsible for the weakest part of the team, defense, an assistant without any NBA Head coaching experience, that team is absolutely doomed.

LOL at all the forum "fans" who said all we need to fix this team is to fire McHale". Well, where are they now, LOL? How are you enjoying this "fix" now?

18. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe I'm mistaken expecting you to fight
    Or maybe I'm just crazy, I don't know wrong from right
    But while I am still living, I've just got this to say
    It's always up to you if you want to be that
    want to see that
    want to see that way.

19. CCorn

CCorn Member

There's no typo.

20. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

here is the issue with this - most of the time this is the correct stance to take. The problem or exception with the Rockets this year is that they fired McHale 11 games into the season. Its one thing to fire a coach mid season and then basically try to ride out the rest of the season. They fired the coach with about 85% of the season left -- they could have brought in a new staff and all and made this season a success instead of a salvage the situation approach.

Had they let McHale go later in the season I would agree its better to just ride it out and make a serious move in the offseason to get a coach and rethink a philosophy. I mean McHale didnt even make it past thanksgiving I think.