1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

I called this awhile ago. Hoped I was wrong but unfortunately I was spot on.

2. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Fastlane should be interesting

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

What a lame ending. I hate HHH.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

A HHH/Reigns Mania match is so lame.

5. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Yep.

The arrogance to think putting the strap on him is "Best for business". It's just too effing obvious. HHH drops it back to Roman at Mania.

Was really hoping for Balor or Bryan at number 30.

6. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Yep. Maybe a grudge match. But it doesn't need a title on the line.

With the shallow talent pool going into Mania especially - another match could have used that gimmick to elevate it. Wasted in HHH Roman.

7. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Same. That entire rumble match sucked.

Not one thing to care about except for the AJ Styles part.

Lesnar set up for a boring feud with the Wyatt family.
    Zayn and Owens again I guess.

Nothing else even happened.
    Triple H. Yawn.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

WWE just doesn't get it with Roman or Cena. People get tired of this "Beat the odds" storyline, it's cheesy.

What would have been a lot cooler is if HHH made a deal with Dean right there in the middle of the match. Promised him the world in the middle of the match and then have Dean turn. A Ambrose vs Roman match would have been much cooler. Having Dean sort of take the role of Rollins would have been cool for me.

It was a cool PPV though, but that ending sort of flattened it for me.

9. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Triple H??? Was Harley Race busy? lol

10. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I don't know how they pulled it off but they found a way to have zero drama and make literally EVERYONE look worse.

I was hoping somebody like Bray Wyatt would win, but they made him look like a nobody. Triple H looked average, winning it from spot 30. They made Roman Reigns look average by taking a 30 minute rest.

It was all bad.

They seriously don't have a clue what people want, do they?

11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I did call triple h at 30. And I said Roman would get eliminated through shenanigans. He sorta did.

12. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

The Bray Wyatt situation is interesting. I can't tell if the booking is just bad - but in the rumble match he was a total heel against Brock- then turned baby face against HHH.

13. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

The problem is (and has been for a while) that no one matters at all because the feuds they write are boring garbage. This has created this effect where 98% of the roster is on the mid-card aside from Lesnar, Cena, and to a lesser extent Orton. I guess since Reigns has been shoved down everyone's throat he's now in that category as well and everyone hates it because the build up felt so inorganic.

They need to do more "surprising" things like having Roman win on RAW. And write more stories that put people in better positions such as the Ambrose and Owens feud.

Legitimately who can AJ Styles even feud with that is on his level? The best thing would be a heel Rollins if he was still around. No one on the roster has that power to where it can be an awesome first feud for Styles.

This is all due to garbage writing.

14. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

It would have been awesome if Dean turned heel and HHH eliminated himself.

15. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Absolutely. I agree 100%

What really frustrates me is there were three total times in that Royal Rumble where I thought "it would be cool if this happened."

1) AJ Styles last the whole thing. Not win, necessarily, but last until the end. It really would have put his talent on display.

2) Bray Wyatt wins and wreaks havoc on the whole WWE.

3) Dean Ambrose turns on Roman Reigns and goes full heel.

Hell, everyone in the building was hoping for those things. But sadly, I doubt any of those even crossed the writers' minds at this point.

They are taking it easy and coasting through the same old crap.

16. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

OMG, and the foreshadowing was completely over the top (pun definitely intended).

I already knew that Roman Reigns was going to come back from being attacked by those guys, but the moment Michael Cole said, "I feel the need to point out that Reigns was never actually elimated" I busted out laughing because that cemented it.

I know that this definitely isn't anything new, but it was still bad.

17. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Cole is so terrible.

18. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

"Roman Reigns will get over no matter how much we have to shove him down your throats! LIKE HIM!"

/WWE creative, especially Vince

19. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I have a feeling Styles will be matched up with Jericho. Owens is a possibility, too.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The problem is WWE buries it's own talent.

Every Survivor Series, Summerslam, Rumble, and sometimes even Mania.

They build up Owens to only have him lose to Cena. Why? What is so wrong with establishing him as a guy that has Cena's number? Then maybe down the line, at some distant Mania you could play up on that? A mania two years from now, book Owens so that he always goes over Cena then have him meet Cena in the Mania match. It'll give the match that much more weight. This is what made the Punk/Cena rivalry great.

They have built up Ambrose but he has hit a ceiling now.

Dolph has hit that ceiling long ago for whatever reason.

Now watch what happens to AJ, he's going to be another guy that's just used to have great matches and go no where. He and Zayn had the biggest pops, now I know Zayn is likely not being called up to the main roster just yet...but Styles is sure to stay. What will they do to him?

Hopefully build him up. Don't have him say lose to Jerico or some other established star, build him up.

Bray has been ruined. He has had feuds with all of these old stars only to lose each one. It would be nice if he goes over Lesner but I doubt it.

Any ways this was so predictable. HHH vs Rollins has been hinted at all last year, and Rollins got hurt and so now it's back to Reigns. I'm sure the original plan was some kind of triple threat any ways.

Also yes, you'd have to be watching a WWE program for the first time to not know this. I watched it with someone that hadn't seen a WWE show in a while and he knew once Reigns went back he'd come back in...then predicted HHH winning...

I mean once it's down to those two where is the surprise? Reigns needs SOMETHING to "Overcome" after all so why would he win at the Rumble only to beat HHH again?

They could have had a cool holy ____ moment if Dean turned right then and there. Even if Dean throws Reigns out and then jumps over the top rope and let HHH win. That would have at least set up a Reigns - Ambrose Fast lane match that would have been cool leading into Mania.