1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Full interview with Josh Smith after arriving at Toyota Center

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks Clutch!

DD is right

We haven't had that spirit here since nineteen ninety nine

3. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Just one thing: Daryl better be willing to pay the man this summer, seeing how he seems to be the missing link to this team.

Don't put another rookie ahead of him in the payscale, ok?

4. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey Member

6. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

[​IMG]

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

8. gogispade

gogispade Member

SMOOVE MY MAN!

9. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

What I love most about basketball more than any other sport, and why it inspires my devotion, is how the speed and need for precision only really seem to elevate when there is "chemistry."

It's a little like love, it's something that can't be quantified, but when it's there you know it and it feels so good. The hearts and minds of the 5 on the floor seem to be working in some way that the whole is greater than the sum of the parts and this borders on magic for me.

I felt a little like DDakota when JSmoove left and feel about the same at his return. But after listening to the game last night, and watching the interview above, I feel hopeful that our "chemistry" might have just come home. I'm sure the painful jacking of 3's will make me pull my few remaining hairs out, but who know's, maybe we are about to witness something special.

10. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I'm so glad to have him back. Even if it doesn't turn things around, it just feels right.

1 person likes this.
  11. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

That's 2 teams Detroit and the Clips who gave the guy away for zilch. 1-10 shooting yesterday, who is right about the guy, Morey or Doc and SVG.

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Smoove made me love this team again.

13. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Awesome.

I have an inexplicable love for J Smoove. Couldn't be happier that he's back in a Rockets jersey. His versatility and potential to go off like he did in the playoffs last year is just incredibly exciting.

14. amaru

amaru Member

Morey.

Instead of paying Josh, the Rockets are getting him for free.

15. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Did you actually watch the game? I find it hard to believe you did if you're relying on a poor shooting performance to evaluate his impact on this team.

16. platypus

platypus Member

We all know his ceiling is through the roof.

17. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

1-10 means nothing. We lose this game without Smith.

Can't wait till he gets back into playing shape.

Lawson/Harden/Ariza/Smith/Howard is the lineup that can bring us home. I love Bev (and his improved 3P shot) but we need three people in the lineup to give us creativity. It is on Lawson and Harden to pull their weight. We are screwed if they don't. Hoping that Harden is coming around.

18. macho87

macho87 Member

Their ceiling is thru the roof!

19. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

You have to take the good and the bad with Smith. The hot and cold from three we can live with. Last night he missed a few bunnies and some hook shots he would normally make. As long as he eliminates the long twos his passing, defense and rebounding more than make up for the occasional brick from three.

What he brings that we were sorely lacking is the playmaking from someone other than a guard. We don't have anyone else at forward who can dribble penetrate and pass. Many many times this year I've seen Ariza stuck with the ball off of a curl or a pnr and his drives to the basket or passing is cringe worthy. Jones is even worse as his ball handling seems to have regressed. Brewer can drive but is better as a cutter receiving a pass or in transition not as the primary ball handler. Smith however excels at this.

Having multiple players who can penetrate and dish especially a power forward really opens up the offense. We saw it last night. Much more ball movement, more open looks, less iso. Something that has been sorely missed all season. You can go small with say Harden at PF to accomplish this on offense but then you get killed on the boards and defensively. With Smith you get the same ball movement as you would with small ball without giving up on the other end.

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Rep!!