1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Yes, this is correct.

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

[​IMG]

3. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Sell program. Someone stop hunting

4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

What's the best vehicle to do this? Buying deep out of the money call options on what? I'd assume some index to remove any company-specific risk you might take on if you bought an ExxonMobil or an upstream driller? I've been in and out of some of the levered index funds in the past and they suffer from massive slippage as they rebuy their futures contracts. No good.

#8024 bigtexxx, Dec 21, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  5. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

dammit so is it a value buy at 4.07 a share?

6. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Crude oil etfs or crude futures. or just straight up buy a 3x leveraged crude etf.

7. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

CJES pays me again up 12% today.. YES YESS YESSSSS

8. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Have you guys look into viatical investing? Thoughts?

9. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I've got some inherited PHP sitting in a savings account in the Philippines right now. It's a rather large amount. Two questions:

1. What is the optimal PHP:USD exchange rate to transfer the money here (USA)? It was at a high a few weeks ago, but it has steadily decreased back to a 2-year normal. I was thinking 45 PHP:USD exchange is when I should pull the trigger.

2. What is the best/cheapest legit way to transfer the money here? Right now, the plan is to wire transfer the total amount from the Philippine bank to my credit union account here. I'll be filling out the appropriate IRS forms for overseas inheritance. It's just a matter of getting it here now.

Thanks!

10. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I think Gold (COMEX) is a good short now for a quick trade.

Short at current levels of 1069.75
    Stop: around 1073.50
    Target: 1063.00 for 1st profit and let the remainder of the trade run

11. benchmoochie

SPX futures -30 right now. China PMI blew. Been long UVXY since last week. This gonna be fun.

12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Market put in a small bounce, but I don't like it. I think that gap on the SPY chart at 195 is a better spot to look to buy and then that 190 area below that. These China numbers combined with our PMI and ISM numbers aren't encouraging. I wouldn't be surprised if we have a mini-recession.

13. benchmoochie

Everything has sucked for almost 2 years. S&p earnings peaked several yrs ago and financially engineered eps 14 months ago. China PMI has been poor for multiple qtrs china has been crumbling for several yrs and the market picks today to crater.

14. fallenphoenix

S&P seems to be holding the 1900 level. Anyone buying this dip?

15. Bob Barker 007

Yes, it's a good value. I would watch out though - the company has had financial problems in the past due to debt. They could be a going risk again if oil stays low. Make sure to check their financials before you buy.

16. benchmoochie

oversold rally sustainable today with oil being strong and overnight China market not so disastrous.

17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

And that got blown up real quick.

No comment on the short term, but I did see a pretty interesting indicator that hit a few days ago. The S&P 500 monthly chart hit it's lower Bollinger band. This is the 3rd time it's happened in like 30 years. The prior two times were Jan 2008 and Dec 2000. Both of those times were the beginning of significant bear markets. I don't know how much downside we have in the short term, but I expect us to continue to lower over the next 12 to 18 months.

The trend has finally changed.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It's the FEDs fault!!!!!/s

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

At 30-40 barrel most producers won't be able to turn a profit especially with fracking with requires constant capital infusion. Therefore they will stop producing or shut in these wells which will lower the supply which will force the prices to increase.

I don't believe in technical trading too much. If the graphs could tell you everything then everyone would use graphs which would then lower the value of graphs. My finance professors went Chicago and MIT you should ask them about technical trading. My goal is to continue to buy here and just make sure to lower my Idiosyncratic Risk.

20. fallenphoenix

China's median stock is trading at 57 PE :eek: