1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Lets talk Aggie BBall (sigh)

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Ziggy, Jan 19, 2008.

Tags:
  1. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Hmm, Aggies just keep winning.

Three years ago I thought the little basketball resurgence in the 2000s at A&M was finished, and it was back to 100% football.

Now I'm more excited about the basketball team than the football team. Three extremely solid seniors and some great youngsters that are getting some good winning experience. Future looks bright.

1 person likes this.
  2. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Lets Gig 'em aggies!

Missing that team of sloan and DJordan though

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Jordan didn't even start or get much PT - lulz.

4. aggie87

aggie87 Member

lmao... Jordan was almost worthless here... missing Acie Law's clutch 3's

5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Yup, he was big and athletic, but had zero impact on games outside of a few dunks.

6. ABforPresident

I absolutely love the way Caruso plays.. I really think this team can make a run this year. Need to see House and Jones play better together as opposed to forcing shots, seems like they kind of compete for buckets at times.

7. Beavis Stiffler

Don't want to jinx it but it would be awesome if the Aggies advance to the Final Four with the A&M fanbase packing the majority of NRG Stadium.

8. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Loving this team .. If Hogg can really get comfortable by tourney time and House can reign in his shot selection, Look Out!!

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm worried about guard play come nutcracking time. We have a wealth of solid guards but none of them are the type you feel confident about, when going against elite backcourts that are coached well. Not really a fan of House's play this year. But maybe I'm being too critical.

10. RocketManJosh

I hear you, but I think we are as solid as ever. With Caruso and Collins on the floor, we are going to be able to break the press with ease, and both those guys, as seniors, have shown the ability to make great decisions in the clutch. Add Collins ability to hit FTs at the end of the game when we need to ice it, and I am very comfortable with the back-court.

I was actually really impressed with House against LSU despite a lack of points. He's been in a rough patch, but unlike some other games, he didn't force it over and over (though a few times he did). He grabbed 10 boards and had 6 assists so he still had an impact on the game without bogging us down on offense when he didn't have his shot.

My biggest concern is if Jalen Jones has an off game in a one and done type tourney game because he does not seem like the type of guy to stop shooting when he doesn't have it. I could easily see him shooting us out of a ballgame.

This team is on the cusp of being great. I contend that if DJ Hogg can develop over the season and get comfortable with his shot, this team has a legit shot at the Final 4. Too bad Elijah was such a quitter. If he had developed over the course of the season, we would have really had some elite front court depth.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Good stuff. Hope they continue to show up. I wasn't counting on much from Hogg (this year at nutcracking time), but we'll see.

12. Juxtaposed Jolt

Haven't been keeping up with Aggie basketball, but we're doing well in the standings, it seems.

Is there a future NBA player on this roster?

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

House & Jones have low stock. 2nd round at best. I don't think they have any impactful NBA players (although I would have said the same of Sloan). And the younger talent doesn't look to have NBA athleticism.

These are good things for the program. We already have a tenured lineup of studs and a young core that wont jet for the NBA early. Kennedy put together the kind of team that can actually win at a high level come nutcracking.

No Jordan's or Middleton's sprinkled in this group. House isn't even an Antoine Wright IMO.

14. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

@ESPNStatsInfo: .@AggieMensHoops: Ranked No. 5 in the @AP_Top25 poll, the highest ranking in school history https://t.co/bOtTlV5lhw

15. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Unbelievable. This has been an unexpected surprise in my winter sports-following routine.

16. Juxtaposed Jolt

Looks like we lost a close one to Arkansas today. Doesn't bode well with Iowa State coming to town this Saturday.

17. Convictedstupid

Refs were complete garbage in the final couple minutes but it's tough to win on the road when you have 21 turnovers. Have to be better.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Arkansas? Really... not good.

19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

If they can bounce back and beat Iowa State, this loss would mean very little. Every team goes through bad nights, and last night was a bad one for us.

20. RocketManJosh

Big W today against Iowa State .. 4-0 ... Big XII champs!!!