1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's hope Raiders return to LA

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by donkeypunch, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Ashes

Ashes Member

Not going to lie, I think it'd be kind of cool for the Raiders to move to San Antonio.

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

There are but it's mostly Houston ex-pats and football fans that simply don't like the cowboys. That said, the Texans have historically done a s***ty job marketing to Central Texas. They've had no presence there. It's not like the old days when the Oilers held training camp in San Marcos. Putting a team in central Texas really only affects the cowboys.

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The Raiders should just move to St. Louis. They already have a stadium deal. It's only the Rams owner who is hellbent on moving to LA no matter what.

It would be a ridiculous unnecessary endeavor on the part of the raiders and the rams, but it would work and make all the billionaires happy, while leaving the fans high and dry.

4. T-2

T-2 Contributing Member

No kidding, we need to keep them out of Texas. Say goodbye to Texans games being shown in the Austin area. It's bad enough the Astros are no longer are on TV here.

5. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

As a Texans fan living in San Antonio, I can tell you there is only like 10 of us. The Texans will be ok.

6. Newlin

Newlin Member

If the Raiders go to San Antonio, it won't bother me at all. Texans games will still sell out. I guess it may cost McNair a few bucks, but who cares. McNair will still be a billionaire.

7. craigharmann

craigharmann Member

They're using SA as leverage. McNair and Jerrah would have to sign off on it. I don't see it happening.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Why should we give a flying fart about how much money Bob and Jerry make in a league with revenue sharing and a hard salary cap?

I think that ultimately the Chargers and Raiders end up sharing a stadium in LA and the Rams stay put.

If the Raiders go to SA I will be nonplussed, if not happy. Finally more regional rivalries for the Texans.

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I too would be unperturbed.

10. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

This. Jerry Jones would never allow this to come to pass. The Cows own the entire state save for the Houston, Port Arthur & Beaumont areas so why would they allow another NFL team to set up shop in Central Texas and cut into their fan support?

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Because getting the Raiders a sweet new stadium is good for the ownership and league as a whole. Anything that empowers and enriches owners has a chance to happen.

Jerry and Bob have no special protections in that regard anymore than Dean Spanos has protection from other teams coming into his backyard... which is actively happening right now.

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I don't care where the Raiders end up as long as its not back in that ****hole with infield grass.

SA would be cool for me because I could actually catch some games.

13. Victorious

Victorious Member

I think this is good. It will hurt the Dallas fan base the most. Competition can be good for business too. Now maybe the Texans will have a real urgency to put a quality product on the field or lose some fans to the Raiders.

14. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I don't think the texans have too many fans outside houston. If you listen to San Antonio sports radio you would think the Cowboys were popular than the spurs and they might be.

15. PhiSlammaJamma

Houston Gamblers never lost to the San Antonio Gunslingers, 4-0. Of course the Gunslingers players went 6 weeks without pay, lol, so that could have been a factor.

16. Nook

Nook Member

I have ZERO desire to line McNair's pockets anymore than they already are.

17. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

If the Raiders go to San Antonio, do you realign the divisions?

Houston
    San Antonio
    Tennessee
    ????

Indy? Jacksonville? If so, who goes to the West? It'd just be weird having teams that were three hours apart not being in the same division. (Yeah, I know people will bring up the Redskins and Ravens or the Jets and Giants, yada yada, but still...)

Rams to the AFC West to replace the Raiders? Or Seahawks back to the AFC? Jacksonville to the AFC East with Indy in the South? Texans to the West, and Chiefs to the newly titled Midwest?

My money would be keeping things the same, I guess, or the Texans move to the West with a new division of :

AFC West:
    Broncos
    Chargers
    Raiders
    Texans

AFC Midwest:
    Titans
    Chiefs
    Colts
    Jags

#37 Two Sandwiches, Jan 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  18. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Why would anyone but the owner of a team care about this?

NFL fans must empathetically suffer from CTE.

19. Nook

Nook Member

I could understand if it effected the ability to sign free agents or retaining players .... but it doesn't. McNair and the Texans are mediocre and don't deserve more revenue.

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

If the Raiders end up in SA it means that almost certainly the Rams end up in LA (and possibly the Chargers too). So lets go with that assumption.

In that case, I don't think anyone switches divisions or conferences.

The AFC West just simply becomes the LA Chargers, San Antonio Raiders, KC Chiefs, and Denver Broncos.

The NFC West now becomes the LA Rams, Seattle Seahawks, Arizona Cardinals, and the SF 49ers.