1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nuggets To Waive Kostas Papanikilaou

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ghettocheeze, Aug 1, 2015.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I thought he felt personally committed to making it work in the Association.

2. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

What would prevent them from resigning him? :confused:

I guess you are thinking of players traded away from a team? The team they are traded away from is prohibited from re-signing the player for a set period (6-12 months? I forget?). All came about because of Brent Barry and the Spurs in 2008 I believe?

3. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

He had a non-guaranteed deal for more money. They save dollars here.

4. OpenLayup-Why3?

Paradox. Can't get to sign with Euro team - settles for NBA. :rolleyes: How the tables have turned.

5. malakas

malakas Member

Yes too bad he didn't want to sign with a trash team like Zalgiris or Rytas.

6. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

It was Josh Smith, not the injury.

7. Prize Closet

Prize Closet Rookie

But but... Euros are "catching up"

8. mikeyg603

mikeyg603 Member

He's shooting 100% so far this season.

9. mdagis

mdagis New Member

Houston should have been more patient with pap. He will start shinning eventually. On the other hand Ty is finished. It prooves that he was just a summer impression move and not an investment.

10. Ns575

Ns575 Member

Lol you have no idea how wrong you are. Ty lawson is still young. How can a pg thrive in an offense when there is no offense to run?

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Denver Nuggets are releasing forward Kostas Papanikolaou, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojVerticalNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/685153913239126018">January 7, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. cdastros

cdastros Member

I would love to have him back. He was the best post entry passer on the team.

13. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

can we sign him straight up or is there a rule preventing this since we traded him a few months ago? im sorry im not that familiar with the nba market rules

i would love to get him back, especially if we can trade t-jones and brewer for someone who gives a **** and plays defense

14. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Hope we can somehow get him back. Not the most skilled player, but at least he hustles.

15. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

The Nuggets toy with this guy. It's unfortunate.

When I watched him in Denver the last 2 times, there were a couple of instances where he was getting ready to check in and Coach Malone would tell him to come back to the bench.

I assumed that he would get some playing time at the next dead ball, but it never happened. :confused::(

I liked his hustle when he played for us, but he keeps getting caught up in the numbers game. He'll have to work extra hard to find a spot on any team at this point. When it doesn't work out with the team that your first play for, and when you don't get many minutes to showcase what you can do, the chances of showing another team your skill set greatly decreases.

When he had some minutes in Htown, he was quietly making a name for himself. Now, it appears, he's going to be one of those talented "floaters" that never found a permanent home.

The exception to the rule is Anthony Tolliver If you've watched him, you know he's a decent rotation player, but good Lord, he has bounced around on 10-day contracts, experienced "the waive," but now, teams are interested in him enough that he can get a contract.

To me, he went from being a "nobody" in the rotation game to a "somebody" that you can count on.

Best of luck for Kostas

16. basketballholic

Codman, Phoenix releasing Cory Jefferson and Bryce Cotton too. Care to comment? ;)

17. chandlerbang21

You guys have a horrible infatuation with former rockets players just like Morey.

1 person likes this.
  18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Damn this certified scrub is still hanging around?

Guess he is the scrub player playing a few minutes here and there like I predicted. And jumping from team to team.

1 person likes this.
  19. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

bring back k-pap da gawd!

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I just don't get what people saw in Pap.