1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 1/4/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 3, 2016.

1. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

today and everyday tells you one thing. Defense for Houston is what is lacking severely this entire year. Offensively it is this weird new half court offense the rockets love to play which we all know won't win them anything. I don't mind the offense tbh but I have to say the reason we started the come back in the third was that outside of defense Dwight and Capella were playing very well together. Dwight I agree Is not the post up option he was against the Blazers two seasons ago but still he has to be getting 8-10 fg a game especially against centers like that of withey's caliber. His offense Helps his entire game immense as that man has been posting double doubles the past few games like its nothing. I think Capella with a go to post move along with Dwight should really be utilized further.

2. calcium

calcium Member

That was close :) Phew.

Not sure what the solution is.

New coach?

3. OTMax

OTMax Member

Why didn't we lose

4. Gabe0941

Gabe0941 Member

Who else lurks the opposing team's forums after a game? Jazzfanz were pissed on that no call at the end. Haha.

5. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

This was evident when he received minutes early in the season.

He didn't do anything to warrant being buried on the bench.

It was a breath of fresh air seeing that one possession where he stayed with the guard on the perimeter and contested a bad shot - as opposed to Terrence 'go right by me to the rack why don't you' Jones.

Not overly excited about Harrell because past history shows he will not benefit from his good play.

6. OpenLayup-Why3?

Raul Neto, Rodney Hood, Jeff Withey, Trey Lyles, Gordon Hayward. Utah's starting 5. I guess most of their names based on first letter. They're that random and unknown. And we were down 18 (?) at the half. Barely won. I mean come on, good thing I didn't watch.
    Why Montrezl played more minutes than 2 points, 1 rebound Terrence the mini Dwight?

7. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

gg

yea we have to start playing harder

8. OTMax

OTMax Member

Rockets play fake defense, especially Terrence Jones and Harden. By the way, that missed dunk was a foul but after the guy had lost control of the ball. Good no-call in my book.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No excuses, his passing is weak.

Yes, his defense picked up in the 2nd half - if he played that way all game I doubt anyone would have a beef with him about defense.

DD

10. nnayak

nnayak Member

Harden even played transition D once! I nearly cried

11. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

time to put the keyboard down. you're drunk dada

he frustrates you now - we get it. he's frustrating a lot of us. But let's end the hyperbole you are trying to weave to fit your narrative.

12. txtodd

txtodd Member

Awful plus/minus going into the game. Even after it, he's a -10.9 per 36 min.

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

that was probably the saddest win in recent memory. barely beat a depleted team that looked terrible themselves and we just got lucky with the no-call at the end. horrible 4th Q execution yet again. our coaching staff has no business being employed in this league.

14. DreamEarlNolan

The only person I would consider an idiot is the one who hates their team so much but continues to watch them. If you honestly believe the team doesn't care then why do you keep coming back? Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to accuse others of being idiots.

1 person likes this.
  15. marky :)

marky :) Member

Meh. I was pretty close.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am pissed, but the narrative is correct, just not something folks want to deal with...I get it, not popular to see the cracks in your franchise player.

DD

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Any rational person sees there are glaring problems to Harden's game this year.

Having said that...he's not an unmitigated disaster on every level like many are trying to insinuate.

18. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

that he's an inherently bad passer? No, that narrative is far from the truth.

That's he's not as motivated as a true star, doesn't give full effort and goes for the hero play too much - true narrative.

There is a difference. It's why your rhetoric gets old. You go to the extreme's to try and make a moderate point and no one knows what the hell you're talking about.

19. Zergling

Zergling Member

Apparently every point scored by Rodney Hood was because of James Harden, even though he wasn't on the court for all the points. It's the aura of bad defense that can affect other players I guess?

It's amazing how much bull**** he's getting despite being a +2.

Meanwhile, Ariza -14, Dwight -9 and NO ONE SAYS A THING

20. SKTTLZ

SKTTLZ Member

Was it just me or...

Was Dwight taking shots at Harden during the post-game interview with Bullard? It seemed like he kept on steering his answer to turnovers and ball movement, which the Rockets lacked when Harden was handling the ball late in the 4th.

It's good to get another W but...IMO, we did not deserve to win that game.