1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is there a good stat to measure inconsistency?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SuperMarioBro, Dec 26, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Rokman

Rokman Member

Average percentage of timeouts used per game.

2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Quarter to Quarter point differentiate over multiple games might be a good one. Is it linear, small curve, sawtooth....

Since we often go into scoring droughts and lack defensive effort, I think you should see some wide swing w/in games.

3. ab0_bleedred

ab0_bleedred Member

We are pretty consistent at being inconsistent...to the point where its predictable.

We will win tonight cause Bickerstaff called out Harden and we will play well for like a week. Then Kardashian or some other big booty will be on Harden's mind in the middle of the 3rd quarter while we have a 15 point lead and we'll lose in a close game as Harden dribbles the air out of the ball and bricks 4 out of the last 5 possessions.

But its all good Harden will head to the closest gentleman's club and blow stacks.

sorry for the run on sentences etc

1 person likes this.
  4. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Yes. Look at wins and losses the Rockets are a .500 team. Shows you how inconsistent they are

5. CertifiedTroll

6. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I would say most .500 teams are consistently average. They generally get beaten by better teams and lose to worse teams, and they don't go on wild runs one way or another. As I said in the OP, that does not describe the Rockets. Every game is filled with runs both directions, and the Rockets have almost as many great wins as terrible losses. The Rockets are not consistently anything.

7. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

That's a good call, I forgot about variance. I bet the Rockets are pretty high up there, but i'm not about to do the math, heh.

8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

We are consistent at sucking

9. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

You could calculate variance, or standard deviation on any publicly available statistic pretty easily.