1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JB Bickerstaff's strong words after the Pelicans game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 26, 2015.

1. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

JB should stick to his horses and sit down whoever the erring players are. My only beef with him is why he didn't do it in the game when we still had a chance to win. He's the coach, he should exercise his authority. Or else get someone who will.

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Agree. Let's see him actually bench someone (other than DMo, who does give effort, and Thornton, who is actually consistent).

3. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Bickerstaff said it’s on him to start sitting those who aren’t focused on team success.

I'll believe it when he sits Harden... until then, its just a bunch of hot air...

4. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Amazing that everybody is so convinced he is only talking about Harden. Harden has had more team success for the Rockets than any star since Dream, Clyde, and Barkley.

2 people like this.
  5. p10maggs

p10maggs Member

This season is either going to turn out absolutely disastrous or it will be a movie like turn around after all this bs

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I would welcome those options, actually, but you know they can limp along from here, play 55% ball and get the 8th seed or some crap like that. There is a middle path for this strange group.

7. J Hard

J Hard Member

Guess you never heard of winning is the best deodorant.

Its not bs, JB is sick of the garbage and its not false bravado, seems like idiots want to criticize good ol JB no matter what.

Big step up from mcfail lazt year, hes created this cancer letting harden whatever the hell he wanted to do and now JB has to clean up behind that futile 'coach'.

JB has to make chicken soup out of consistent chicken crap in hardens roller coaster emotions. I like Harden but hes incredibly flawed.

8. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Oh please JB deserves just as much if not more blame than the players. His rotations are absolute garbage. And his inability to coach I.E draw up play ( Ending of last night and Orlando) is extremely freighting. His awareness is apparently lacking as well not calling a time out last night are you serious?

9. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Give Harden a two-weeks rest like LeBron last season and make Ty Lawson run the team. I'm sure we will have at least equal, if not better result and when Harden sees Lawson can be trusted, he will be more open to play off the ball and conserve energy for defense.

10. p10maggs

p10maggs Member

I give him him the benefit of the doubt as he's a young first year head coach and hasn't exactly been coaching behind the most intelligent and dead ball smart coach the past few years

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

We do that and the rockets will go winless in those 2 weeks.

12. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

He'll lose the team if he keeps this up. He's throwing shade.

This is clearly against Terrence and Harden. Terrence is painfully obvious. I think he was reminded by his agent that it's his contract year.

13. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Lol at you all saying to bench Harden. I agree his effort is inconsistent and pisses me off to no end at times, but this team is garbage without him.

Hell, we are semi-garbage with him

14. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Why is that 2nd sentence relevant at all?

Mchale had more success than Adelman and Rudy T. So, why fire him?

None of that **** is relevant.

15. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Does JBJ have the gravitas to make his words effective?

And remember, this is basketball. One change can impact a great deal (even if the coaching one has not, to date).

16. zcity

zcity Contributing Member

Sounds like several were hittin' the quarter hard last night

17. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

you could be right..certain players looked exhausted especially during the closing minutes in the 4th period

18. HookemHorns1250

In before another players only meeting and we find a 3rd coach for the season.

I like what JB said, but like others have mentioned, actions speak louder than words.

Also, better coaching is needed as well. Poor rotation choices last night, combined with the lack of time outs during Pelicans runs, and the horrendous non called time out at the end of the game.

This is an obvious statement, but this is going to go two ways. It either inspires the team, or things are going to go downhill very... Quickly, with players vocally speaking out as well.

19. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

I don't think so. Starting lineup of Lawson, Thornton, Ariza, Dmo and Howard with Pat, Brewer, KJ, Jones and Capela backing them up can't be much worse than current team. Of course with a semblance of an offensive system instead of street ball we are watching now.

P&R between Lawson/Howard with three average-to-good shooters waiting around would produce results.

20. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Dunno..the Pels just had a great night. They shot exceptional. We had a decent night, it didnt look that bad..