1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2015-2016] Jeremy Lin as a Charlotte Hornet

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by swyyyguy, Jul 8, 2015.

1. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Agree that Charlotte is having success because the team is playing with great trust and chemistry, and no selfishness. Everyone is contributing. No question this team is built around Kemba and Batum, but those guys aren't afraid to get other guys going if that's what will help the team, and no one on that team complains about who gets to play and who doesn't down the stretch.

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

This made me laugh. Good one bro.

3. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

Welcome back kotter!! Lynn is helping hornets improve as he did for us and the knicks.

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

And they all improved after he left too.

5. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

Not the second year and see how bad the lakers are now.

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

They're in tank mode. That is an improvement considering the talent they had last year. Think how much better the Knicks would be right now if Lin let them continue to tank. Instead they get a worse pick. Lin messes things up. [

I kid, I kid.. he's a decent player, but he's not shown me that he's grown much as a player.. up until this year. I can't wait to play Charlotte this year. It will be fun to see him where he fits in well. It will be fun to keep up with what he's doing.

7. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Lin highlights against C's were just posted on Youtube. Gonna grab me a glass of sweet iced tea--N.C. style--and love me some Lin tonight.

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Don't forget the lotion.

1 person likes this.
  9. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Lin might be the most overrated <S>NBA player</S> human on the planet.

10. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

I pretty clearly differentiated between with and without Kemba. Without Kemba he has played 279 minutes with a usage of 28. With Kemba he has played 226 minutes with a usage of 17.

That's a surprisingly high usage for Lin if he is not playing PG. Must be because everyone is passing the ball to him. Odd that I didn't notice that happening during all those games I apparently didn't watch.

11. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I'll take that as a compliment, coming from you. Look, you can be whatever type of fan you want. If your gripe is the length of my response, that's understandable. However, if I "have issues" because I identified some of Jeremy's weaknesses as a player and his inferiority in comparison to players throughout the league, I guess I need to see a shrink. I stand by all of it, including the blame Jeremy shoulders from the Portland series. Some of us prefer to be objective, and even critical, of players currently on the Rockets and even those that are now on different teams.

It's all good.

12. shlhl

shlhl Member

The game between Rockets and Hornets become more entertaining because this thread. I do not mind Hornets went on like Warrior's streak. I am glad Warrior's streak is over. I hope they will be on a losing streak:) . I cheer them on except when Rocket play against them.

13. yoeddy

He's on a $2M/year contract and he gets slammed by tons of fans and media. How is that being overrated?

14. yoeddy

Here is the definition and formula for Usage:

Usage Percentage (available since the 1977-78 season in the NBA); the formula is 100 * ((FGA + 0.44 * FTA + TOV) * (Tm MP / 5)) / (MP * (Tm FGA + 0.44 * Tm FTA + Tm TOV)). Usage percentage is an estimate of the percentage of team plays used by a player while he was on the floor.

So it's based on minutes played, player fg and ft attempts, team fg and ft attempts, player turnovers and team turnovers. So the example you gave really only shows that Lin shoots a lot more when Kemba is off the court and has nothing to do with him playing PG.

15. yoeddy

You really shouldn't take it as a compliment. It's a commentary on obsession...

16. ling ling

ling ling Member

Waiting for this one.

BTW, Spencer Hawes has been picking Lin's hairdo.

[​IMG]

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

[​IMG]

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well the fake hornets fans will root for Charlotte and the real rockets fans will root for the rockets.

If the rockets win we should deport the lin fans to Mexico

19. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

I chose usage because there is no number that says "PG". He shoots more because he has the ball. He has the ball because he is playing PG. No he is not the only person initiating the offense, because Clifford doesn't like having only one player on the court at a time who does that. But are you going to tell me Lamb is playing PG? This is a stupid argument.

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jeremy Lin fans will justify anything for Jeremy Lin.

He could have an ugly haircut and Lin fans will think Lin is the Lady Gaga of the NBA