1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Would you trade Dwight for Hassan Whiteside straight up?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mig0s, Dec 12, 2015.

1. mig0s

mig0s Member

I don't know if you are just not very smart or you are new to basketball, but please explain how adding Dwight does not make sense for Miami?

2. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Because Dwight makes about 20m more thia year and doesn't really improve their team offensively or defensively.

3. HtownRock

HtownRock Member

Dwight is not a top 10 center anymore

4. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

didnt they have whiteside in dleague

5. RX2012

RX2012 Member

Thank you, what a stupid thread and stupid question.

6. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Is what?

Grrrrr, this is such a pet peeve.

7. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

You forgot where I said for a "good power forward", meaning a STAR pf of equal or greater talent to Howard. (Like a Lamarcus Aldridge or better). It doesnt mean let Howard WALK for nothing and hand the franchise to Capela.

Capela to me is out of position at the 4 where he's not gonna look as good. I tend to trust him more at the 5 than I do Terrence Jones and D-Mo at the 4. Or maybe it also indicates a lack of trust in Whiteside

*FWIW, in the Whiteside vs Capela thread, I said Whiteside is better. I didnt overrate Capela. Doesnt mean Whiteside is trustworthy either

#47 Shroopy2, Dec 13, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  8. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

How many games has Dwight taken himself out of, either by dumb fouls or losing his composure and dumb fouls, the last few years?

9. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

At least he has post moves and takes the game seriously.

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Heat D now almost exactly even w/ or w/o Whiteside, massively stingier w/ him over last 25 gms. Weird how that # gets no play anymore, huh?</p>&mdash; Zach Lowe (@ZachLowe_NBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/702894086034837505">February 25, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

I totally agree.

12. valorita

valorita Member

Whiteside is the hot but crazy chick.
    Do not want.

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I do not trust Whiteside with a max contract. Maybe he will prove me wrong, but he is clearly motivated now to be on his best behavior and play great. I really fear, despite his great talent/gifts, he will not stay as motivated once he gets the big payday.

14. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

I heard, month's ago, we were discussing Dwight + a pick for Whiteside + Dragic. AND ROCKETS TURNED IT DOWN. Is this true?

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

He won't be. He's going to cripple the team that gives him the huge payday thinking he can be a leader but whatever team still won't be any good and will regret it not so long after

16. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

who is more mature?