1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should we bring back Josh Smith??? He's on the trading block!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Dec 9, 2015.

?

Should we bring SMOOVE home???

1. Yes! Did you know Josh Smith and Dwight Howard were AAU teammates???

78.2%
  2. No! The Clippers series last year was a fluke!

21.8%
  1. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

jsmoove is a poorman's Draymond Green.. at lease i think so.

2. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

j-smoove is a better passer and he's also more athletic.

3. Caesar

Caesar Member

0% effort makes him nothing like Draymond

4. Caesar

Caesar Member

BUT i still want him back even though he frustrates the heck out of me

5. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Before the Rockets even acquired Josh Smith last season, some of us were telling you how he would excel on this team. Once he was acquired, again, some of us told you he would be a game changer as critics said he was a "knucklehead" and a "thug." When he signed with the Clips, we told you how this would be detrimental to the Rockets as well. Now that he's gone, you see what he meant to this team. Another boneheaded mistake by Maury.

6. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Not a better passer. Perhaps more flashy with his passing, and better at lobbing to bigs. Not a better passer though.

7. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Josh was so on point that game!

8. a711

a711 Member

Better passer than Dray?

9. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

He may be the key to hold down draymond green
    Plus I wanna see more alley oops

10. krouchchocolate

He should not have even left in the 1st place.

11. basketballholic

This made me sick to my stomach. Play after play of Smoove throwing it up to Dwight for the flush. And Harden can't get Dwight the ball like that???

What does it say for your team when your best playmaker cannot get the ball up to Dwight to finish as well as Josh Smith can?

Makes me throw up in my mouth.

12. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

It was against a Mavs team that Rajon Rondo gave up on...

13. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Methinks it has nothing to do with "can't" but everything to do with "won't"

14. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Love JSmoove,

I think I'm one of the few who likes his shooting form, too. To me, it's definitely smooth. :)

The chemistry between D12 and Josh was awesome, especially with the "lob offense" they ran against Dirk and the Ponies.

15. omgTHEpotential

Honestly, I think he is. I know that you're going to say 'But, but Draymond averages so many assists!' So what? I think that's product of a certain system. Draymond plays in a completely different system, where the game goes around him a lot and his teammates convert every pass into an assist. Josh was never really playing in that type of situation where his teammates would literally make every shot when he made a pass to them, and yet still he had seasons with over 4apg.

16. Caesar

Caesar Member

I can get with the better passer than Green argument. Green has 3 or 4 guys waiting to knock down 3's at very percentage when he pushes the ball up court and or has the ability to hit a guy under the basket as he attacks because the defense is so afraid of the 3.

Smoove does make boneheaded passes though which i think Green is very good at limiting. Smoove tries to be too flashy sometimes and Green is a no nonsense passer. I really wish Josh Smith had better coaching throughout his career. Too late now. The can't teach an old dog new tricks thing applies. Josh Smith is who he is. 0% the effort of Green on both sides of the floor and very low IQ feel for the game.

His ability to push the ball up the floor is crucial for today's basketball and that's mostly why i want him back. Soon i think every position is going to need to have the ability to dribble up court as fast as possible though you could say Josh Smith dribbles the ball up court really slowly whereas someone like Green pushes it up as fast as possible.

17. bmd

bmd Member

Josh Smith is more athletic in an explosive sense... but I think Draymond is more athletic in mobility sense.

Draymond can move around the court better than Smith. He's quicker and more agile.

18. blackistan

blackistan Member

Wow did you just compare Jsmoove to Draymond...CMON MAN

19. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

He said he is a poor mans Draymond. Which he most definitely is.

20. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

Thanks man - I appreciate that