1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2015-2016] Jeremy Lin as a Charlotte Hornet

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by swyyyguy, Jul 8, 2015.

1. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

We are pay per view now!! I`m going to knock tinsane out in the first round.

2. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

Harden is a great offense player but also a black hole that can derail the other guys on the floor....team offense...a net negative for a team....Lin was the team first and help other guys on the rockets buy into the team first attitude. We dont have this now...other guys on the team is standing around now watching harden put up shots after shots or passing the ball out with 5 secs left to shoot.

Plus harden is sexing up with khloe now and some of lamar`s mojo has befell on the bearded one.

3. Drogba

Drogba Member

Lin is a high character guy and is a starting caliber player if it wasn't for his infamous inconsistency. What's surprising to me is how much better the Hornets roster is than ours. I'd take all their players except for Harden over ours.

Swap Harden with Kemba and put Beverley beside him and the Hornets have a Championship caliber team. They have great coaching, a true stretch 4, athletic defenders, knockdown shooters, elite bench & a legitimate 2nd star & one of the best all around players in Batum.

3 years into the Harden era & Maury has failed to provide James with any of that.

4. "Snosrap

"Snosrap Member

Haren is still da man that gonna bring us to promise land!

5. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

The biggest thing about the Hornets is the chemistry and trust the players have with each other. By all account, Kemba Walker is a high-character guy and a good teammate...swapping him with James "everyone else is just pieces" Harden would destroy that chemistry and trust on the Hornets.

6. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

:eek::eek::eek:

7. recadna

recadna Member

Except most of his points were from first half when Hornets bench outscored Memphis’ reserves 34-10 to build the lead.

8. VanityHalfBlack

He is a poor man's Tony Allen ;)

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Why is Jerry Lin 8th or 9th man at times?

I thought he was a starter judging from pre-season but at worst a 6th man....

10. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Lin is 6th on the Hornets in minutes/game. Why do you think he's 8th or 9th?

11. mig0s

mig0s Member

His LOH logic

12. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

He's a fake Lin fan. Doesn't even have the correct numbers for his argument.

Tinman and Zboy are the true Lin fans. They can even find quotes from other Lin fanboy websites.

13. Rox23

Rox23 Member

/\ There are some definite fake Lin fans on this site. You know, those folks who want to jump on the Hornets bandwagon and say that they've been Lin fans ever since forever.

Let's keep this a clean site, and keep the fake Lin fannage to a minimum.

14. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

This is largely inaccurate. His mistakes WERE horrendous against Portland. Devastatingly bad. Even the most objective commentators acknowledged how detrimental Lin was for us late in games during that series. As a die hard fan, what I saw from Lin at the PG position was unforgivable. And, this is coming from a person who was equally hard on Rafer Alston during the regular season and in the playoffs. However, the frustration with Rafer was his shooting percentage (bricking those runners) and, sometimes, shot selection.

With Jeremy, specifically in that series, the resentment comes from not taking care of the ball in potentially game-winning moments, and more importantly, the lack of intelligent decision-making in a position where being a "floor general" is crucial. Jeremy absolutely failed to execute intelligently in numerous games of that series. There should not have even been an overtime. Period.

Some of you like to go over the play-by-play in the final minutes of some of those Portland games, but you choose not to analyze the cause to those final moments. It's more complex than just looking at the score.

Didn't Jeremy take some of the blame in that series when he spoke to reporters? I may be incorrect about that, but I thought I remembered him acknowledging the severity of his mistakes.

And, before it happens, Jeremy doesn't get any more grief from me than any other player that has been on the Rockets. I'd go hard at any player under the same circumstances. Hell, I was disgusted with James during the final game of the Golden State series. Lin doesn't get a pass, nor does he deserve one, even if some of you want to play the victim card that he has used from team to team.

Was he one of my favorite players? Absolutely not, but I wanted him to do well while he played for us. Simply said, he was mediocre at best and his contract emphasized his lack of output. I don't fault him for taking the money. I would have done the same, but it made him an easier target around the league for putting up bench numbers on a year of a James Harden contract. (Well, close to his early years of the extension).

For those of you who defend him to the bitter end, or even those of you who admit to being the dreaded "LOF," please realize that this thread won't die until you accept that you're not going to convince ROCKETS fans (And these Clutchfans, Rockets fans are very intelligent fans of the NBA in general) that Jeremy Lin played well while he was here or that he is a good NBA player. It's just not going to happen. That's where it appears that some of you get so frustrated and go back and forth to defend a guy that will never wear a Rockets jersey again.

I know it's in the "NBA Dish" forum, but the Jeremy Lin Baiting is more than obvious in this thread. This is the one topic, in terms of basketball, that does not offer any sort of compromise lol. Nada. Zilch. :) I like to read some of the tit for tat in here, but some of Lin's following is downright outrageous. Some of the posts imply that he is in the top echelon of NBA players, and I don't understand the sense in lying to yourself and then attempting to convince others of the inaccuracy with a bunch of subjective, emotion-based statistics.

Jeremy is a great person (was fortunate enough to meet him at a fundraiser), but he is a sub-par NBA talent. I think that his die-hard fans would be less annoyed if they accepted the truth and if they understood that Jeremy is not going to break out and be a superstar on any team. You can break out the advanced statistics from ESPN all day, but that does not change what Jeremy brings to the table.

The notion that he's one team away from MVP-caliber output is false. The idea that he's one coach away from domination is false. He's been through NUMEROUS coaches without a noticeable change in his individual stats. The perception that Jeremy is one player away from leading (actually leading) a team is equally false. I bring these sentiments up because they littered the GARM while Jeremy played here, and even now, in the Dish.

Many of us got tired of reading that (insert player here) was holding Jeremy back because of the way he played, or that Jeremy needs to have the ball to be effective and that Jeremy should be the primary option because (insert player here) does not play off of him well :rolleyes:. These perceptions were all inaccurate and simply emphasized an inability to be an objective viewer or fan. And, if you are a subjective, Lin-Only-Fanatic, please make that clear when you try to defend Jeremy or discuss him in the same breath as, say, Russell Westbrook, whom I'm not even a fan of. But, again, objectively, he is downright AMAZING.

It just comes down to honesty. Jeremy Lin is what he is. His numbers are what they are. There are reasons as to why he hasn't found a long-term home in the NBA, and while that is not a shot at him, it does allude to his stats being mediocre at best.

It's all pretty simple, from where I sit as a Rockets fan, an NBA fan and as a person who loves the game.

"Jeremy Lin as a Charlotte Hornet" will be the same Jeremy and the same average/below average Jeremy in a thread, years from now called, "Jeremy Lin as a (Insert Team Here)."

1 person likes this.
  15. sew

sew Member

^ It's a two way street. You have the LOF's who will claim he can do no wrong and then you have the haters who will state he was one of the worst rockets of all time.

There are extremes on both sides and this is why this thread is 240+ pages of **** flinging.

16. Rox23

Rox23 Member

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he absolutely was one of the worst rockets of all time, given his contract and expectations and results.

2 years of regular season and horrendous 2 years of playoffs.

Charlotte as a team is playing well, he's just part of 2nd unit and is benefiting from it.

#4858 tinman, Dec 12, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  19. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Damn, I guess by Ty is one of the worst Rockets of all time as well...if he continues on this trajectory

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i don't jump to conclusions. they gave Lin 2 years.

I didn't jump to conclusions when Yao Ming stunk his first game as a Rocket.

However, I have concluded that the LOF suck