1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint Capela To Work With Dirk's Shooting Coach This Summer In Germany

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nejyh, Jun 5, 2015.

1. seeingred

seeingred Member

The "youth movement" is one of the underrated aspects of this franchise. Usually you give up youth to contend now (the wiggins trade) but Morey has managed to keep the stable full. Capela, KJ, DMo, the rookies - this is the young talent that may someday convince Harden to stay, that can take Dwight's minutes as he ages, and turn our window from 2 years to 6+.

#Assets

2. Remlap

Remlap Member

It was no accident that DMo's post game came alive last season.
    He flashed some great spins, fakes and post presence that are reminiscent of 'The Dream'.
    You can tell he took notes.

If Capela can incorporate some of those moves and develop some touch around the basket.....lookout.

3. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I apologize for the bump, but Vice Sports did a bit on Holger Geschwinder's youth summer camp and it gives a nice idea of his philosophy when it comes to training for basketball. While it is unlikely that Capela did these drills, we can appreciate the unique approach to the game.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/R_dCggsnYJ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2 people like this.
  4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

D-Mo did benefit from the Dream no doubt, but he had a post game to work with. Capela has virtually no post moves at all, and he hasn't worked on his jumper either.

5. basketballholic

I am seeing exactly zero evidence that Capela worked on his jump shot this summer.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That was awesome.

DD

7. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

There's a dude helping named Dong... awesome!

8. B

B Contributing Member

Thanks for sharing, it was an entertaining video.

9. roksoer

roksoer Member

You should also watch Dirk Nowitzki: The Perfect Shot
    You'll learn all about Holger and it's a great movie.
    This guy made a computer program which calculate the perfect shooting motion for any type of player. He really gets the physics behind shooting.

10. dmorey

dmorey Member

the entire rockets team should work out with steph curry's shooting coach

11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Yeah, but he doesn't need to be like Dirk. He has athleticism and quickness Dirk never had. If he can become a better jump shooter that will just make him a better player. I don't think anybody expects him to turn into the next Dirk. Dirk is a one of a kind type player.

12. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

ehh, no need when you can do this.

[​IMG]

13. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

All the more reason he should continue to expand his game. The kid has the length and athleticism to be a star. Now he has to focus that. If you look at that video, they focus on a lot of things that have little to do with any particular basketball skill but everything to do with health, flexibility, and agility. All those things would make Capela a better basketball player. If he can add a jumper to his current arsenal, you're looking at a very promising young big.

14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Reminds me of a Popavich-influenced player.

15. txtodd

txtodd Member

Was at the Sacramento game, and Capela's jumper in warmups was pretty bad. Was the main thing I watched. His stroke looks alright but the results are pretty much random. Swishes one, misses wildly on the next. Top of the backboard got some action.

In other news, DMo shoots top of the key three's like they are free throws.

16. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

interesting.
    So what would you say is the issue with Capella shooting. Was it his form or mechanics? And what range was he taking his shots from?

17. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Some of his associates reek of pedophilia behavior.

18. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

What does that even mean? Do you have proof or do you like just throwing **** at the wall and seeing what sticks?

19. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

wait what?

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

You tell me what's harder : hitting the top of the backboard or hitting a 3 pointer from the top of the key...

Sincerely,

Clint Capela.

Seriously, though. I don't see how some of these dudes can't at least improve on their jumper when they're this bad. I can see a Ray Allen being so great, there isn't much room for improvement. But when you brick shots like bunker busters raining down from above, I don't get how you can't show some kind of improvement and become below average. The only thing I can think of is that they just don't have the passion to do it. Blake Griffin, Serge Ibaka, Hakeem, etc.

I mean, Clint's range is probably worse than Nerlens Noel and I don't know if I can insult the man any worse than that.