1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Daryl Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SportsWorld, Nov 1, 2015.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Listening to his interviews are cringe worthy. He takes all credit when we win.

Look at Capela's plus stat.
    Our offense is clicking. By this he means Harden scores 40 points.
    Picking fights in social media.

2. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Just fire McHale.

Morey on probation.

3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I wouldn't fire Morey just keep him away from the Coaching staff and let them do their thing. Mchale regardless midrange shots or not is really not a good coach. This guy is a players coach who can't motivate his players. He's got to go.

4. J Hard

J Hard Member

Youre totally fine with this garbage huh? Sad.

5. kevtse

kevtse Member

When moreyball is highly replying on 3 pointers, why didnt Morey acquire some elite shooters? Someone like Korver (career 3 pt 43.2%)? Even Steve Novak (career 3pt 43.1%) fits better with this team than Brewer/ KJ/ Dekker. Imagine these guys standing in the corners waiting for wide open three opportunities instead of the brick brothers.

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Because it's not as simply to just get those players even though you want them.

7. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

And Steve Novak really can't defend either forward spot.

There really isn't a lot of good 3 and D players in this league. And because Harden doesn't bring the D, you need to surround him with good defensive players. So you want to favor the D more than the 3 (Beverley, Ariza, Brewer).

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

To be fair and given his accomplishments in 2nd round draft and trades you give him a deadline of 2, 3 years and then decide if you still fire him.

That is only just.

9. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

But our defense sucks :(

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Fire Morey... you guys must have completely lost your mind.

Now, Les stepping in a dividing a "Church and State" type of scenario would make some sense. Of course one of Morey or Mchale & Co. would have to go, and we know who wins that battle.

Maybe having Morey just stick to the draft, and player transactions would be the way to go. I think Morey & the coaches still collaborate well, but at the end they obviously still believe in the same philosophies on both ends. Maybe a little disagreement would actually work well in this case.

I actually do like the Rockets "system" in theory, but it doesn't work well with the Rockets. The Spurs offense isn't that much different, but the passing, the quickness that the ball moves, and the decisiveness of the players is night and day. The Rockets run a very stagnant ball-watching version of the same thing.

I think there are alot of problems with the Rockets currently, but Morey problems are pretty low on the totem pole. The guy drafts, and conducts trades as good as anyone we've seen in years, and I wouldn't be shocked if he trades the team back into a better mix of talent to create a winning formula. Dec. 15th I look for some deals to be made to really help the team.... despite what happens with the coaching situation.

11. SportsWorld

SportsWorld Member

Another blow out and another day McHale keeps his job. Fire Morey.

12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

If moreyt doesn't get rid if McHale soon like tomorrow I wouldn't mind Morey fired too

No use in such a stacked roster being blown out repeatedly by scrubs thanks to an idiot coach

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

They won't fire Morey... but they need more than just a coaching change if they're going to run the same low percentage gimmick offense based on "analytics."

14. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

If this season continues down this path, the house needs to be cleaned out. This is embarrassing.

15. HardenHardon

HardenHardon Member

1. Miami made the Finals their first year together, so, yeah, they kind of were built in 1 season.

2. Why do people keep comparing this team to a team that went to 4 straight Finals? You really think that is this team's ceiling?

16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Defense is much more of an issue, a better coach would fix that.

17. SportsWorld

SportsWorld Member

I've had enough, I want this idiot fired. Losing to the 76ers is the last straw.

18. hooroo

hooroo Member

this is a championship calibre roster. they're just unmotivated right now because morey's lost their belief. les can make tad the interim gm.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Championship caliber roster lulz

Am I in the sarcasm thread?

20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

This team is a monstosity Frankenstein of a team that Morey created.