1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Clint Capela vs Dwight Howard per 36.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swishh, Nov 26, 2015.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Trade Dwight, he is so bad on offense and in serious decline.

DD

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It means we should absolutely use or 36 when making trading decisions.

In fact, that's the only thing we should use

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Howard may still be effective if he could get the ball from the guy that is controlling it, but it looks like they don't like each other....so you have to pick the 26 year old over the 30 year old without any offensive skill.

Get DMo health and trade Lawson + Howard for Boogie Cousins.....

Boogie is flawed but if Harden is aloof, Boogie would kick his ass.....Harden needs someone to challenge him...IMO.

DD

4. dmoneybangbang

Howard is not getting good weak side help. If we play small with Howard then rebounding needs to be done by committee. Offensively, Howard simply turns the ball over and isn't a reliable scorer.

5. malakas

malakas Member

stop. Lawson and Howard don't bring back Cousins even if the King's GM suffers a mental breakdown and an aneurysm.

This ridiculous pipedream needs to stop. That's why so many are proposing to trade Dwight? They think that he can bring back Cousins? LOL.

6. joxford

joxford Member

no need to look at per 36, just look at team stats while they are on/off the court.
    With Dwight on the court the Rockets have a 96.1 ORTG and 107 DRTG, meaning they get outscored by about 9 points per 100 possessions with Dwight on the floor. With Dwight off the court, the Rockets have a 104.3 ORTG and 109.8 DRTG, meaning they get outscored by ~5.5 points per 100 possessions.

With Capela on the court the Rockets boast a 109.4 ORTG and a 102.8 DRTG, outscoring opponents by almost 7 points per 100 possessions. With Capela off, the Rockets have a 95.9 ORTG and a 111.7 DRTG, getting outscored by over 15 points per 100 possessions.
    Capela has been amazing this season.

7. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Why would they trade for Lawson and Howard. They have Rondo who is having a stellar season so far and Cousins annihilates Howard. The Kings wouldn't do this in a million years.

8. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I knew my eyes wernt lying to me.

The eye test has been telling me for a few games now that we played better on offense with big Clint in the game. The guy has good hands and soft touch around the hoop. He never fumbles passes like dwight and converts his chances around the rim at the highest rate in the entire NBA.

I don't know whos better defensivly? My guess would be dwight still but offensivly Clint is a lot better and I don't think it's even close at this point.

9. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Normally I'd say no way to even this discussion. D12 is too valuable to just trade him. But this is no normal season and I think the risk of him opting out and leaving this crappy situation is real enough to where you have to consider this. Add the fact he can can a heck of a lot more money out there from some other crappy team willing to give him the max. Why not if we're not contending anyway?

It's that bad to where I think you have to consider this move just to reposition ourselves better for the future.

10. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Per 36 is a rubbish stat

11. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

Dwight to the nets like everyone thought he was going to many years ago. I could totally see the Nets being stupid enough to go all in with him.

There is one big problem, they have NOTHING that we would want. Best I could think of is a Lopez, Thad Young, Jarrett Jack package. I really like JJack as our 6th man, and Thad brings the defense and toughness we've been looking for. But Lopez is no better than Dwight when it comes to injury risks, plus he's a bad rebounder, just like D-Mo and TJ.

So, does that work for us? Still looks like a bad team defensively, especially the bench.
    Bev/Ty
    Harden/JJack/Thornton
    Ariza/Brew
    Thad/D-mo/TJ/Harrell
    Lopez/Capela

Other teams who fit the profile to make a stupid move and take Howard are SAC (but they have Cousins, so won't happen), and NY (could see them doing it if they're stupid enough not to believe he'll leave them for nothing since he's scared of the bright lights after the Lakers).

12. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Yeah I wish that's all it would take to get Boogie. Kings would squash that even in 2K lol

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

We would need to trade Harden for Cousins

14. a711

a711 Member

When DD posts, you're better off not even replying because what he says is typically so nonsensical that you'll get dumber reading it

15. boiler

boiler Member

You forgot to mention how teams defend them. Same thing with DMo. How Capela and DMo will play once opponents put double team on them remains to be seen.

16. Rio Rocket

Rio Rocket Member

luxembourg has the largest economy in the world! per capita. right ahead of switzerland qater and norway.

17. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Hate to see J.B. only gave Capela 8 minutes last game.

He played far better than Howard last game. How could you play Howard 40 minutes when he was not efficient.

18. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

That's fine because dmo is a quality passer and capela looks to have potential in that department also. Any double team down low should lead to a wide open 3 that hopefully gets back to harden or is swung around and gets the defense scrambling, giving the wings a chance to attack the hoop and make a play.

I honestly think capela/dmo front court has potential to be very very good. I would let that team tandem grow and build around them two and harden of course.

All three fairly young still with capela being a baby. Grab some shooters around them and watch what happens I think in 2 years we would be a top 5 team in the league.

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Can we trade a Syrian refugee family for one Luxembourgoise?

20. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Capela doesn't have any low post moves. So my question is: do anyone thinks he will develop some type of move other than dunking the ball? As we can see big men with low post moves and the ability to hit mid range shots are starting resurface. These players already have pretty good low post moves. So will Capala be able to develop some type of low post moves? Or will he only be a defensive anchor ?