1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale should be coaching

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The Bicker Staff is still losing. Firing McHale didn't fix this team. Morey made the wrong move. It is known.

It is time to bring Coach back. Also bring back Chuck Hayes (with whom the Rockets had an .800 win %) and Josh Smith (last season't hero, now not fitting in with the Clips) as Coach's lieutenants. This team needs passionate veteran leaders.

1 person likes this.
  2. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Yeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

No.

3. Newlin

Newlin Member

Now that it has been a few days, I'm sure McHale feels lucky to be done with this mess of a team. Les did McHale a big favor.

4. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Finally the results from getting hit in the head by a free weight have begun.

5. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Lol. Mchale is gone and no one will be knocking on his door next offseason for open coaching jobs.

Back to the rockets, If at the 35 game mark they are 15-20 or worse, I will be cool with tanking.

Maybe having bickerstaff will help with tanking.

6. RESINator

RESINator Member

The correct move was to fire McHale and Co. Promoting Bickerstaff was a mistake and he is just an extension of McHale's flaws. Bickerstaff has no business as a head coach of a professional sports team. Unless we are forfeiting this season, we need to look for a coach who can get this team back in line

7. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

The problem isn't Bickerstaff or McHale. It's the fact that this team has put players over coach. So when players don't listen to the coach, there's no discipline. Mavs on the other hand put coach over players. It also helps that Dirk is all in on the coach so every other player respects and follows coach's direction. Spurs have Tim/Parker/Manu all respecting coach. GSW has EVERY starter all respecting their coach. Atlanta as well with Horford, Teague, and Korver.

I'm glad Les is stepping his foot down, but firing McHale was not a good idea. It sends the message that the players have the power to control the organization. This f'ing season is killing me. I tried to stay away from GARM from all the negativity. But I just don't understand what the heck is happening anymore with the team.

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Rockets can't do this. Under CBA rules, once you waive a coach, you can't sign him back for one year.

9. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I'm still in a state of shock. I feel like my Rockets from last season have been decapitated. All the pieces were in place. WTF?????

10. Marteen

Marteen Member

Don't stop there. Keep going. Bring back Rafer out of retirement. He'll slap some sense into these guys.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/f3OuzKpQ3jM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Didn't we send our 2016 first rounder to the nuggets? Is it even protected?

12. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Lottery protected. Whew.

13. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

if you've been watchign the games, the staff of jb bicker has been doing a better job than mchale. dont expect this team to do a 180 right when they get a new coach, even if its phil or greg. coaches cant do anythign about players missing wide open shots

and yes, he got fired way too early. at the very least management could've met with mchale and give him 5 games, even less, to show some real improvement. improvement is the key word here. not 5 straight wins. any team will have a hard time winning 5 straight after playing like that

14. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

I thought everybody here hated McHale's inability to coach?

15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Bring back Joey Dorsey!! The team losing the last two games proves how good he was!!

16. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

17. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

talk about reacting way too early, the team actually looked better against the Knicks, just couldn't hit the shots we needed to win

18. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

I don't know who should be coaching, all I know is that too many people are failing to hold the players accountable for their performances and are blaming McHale for literally everything under the sun..

19. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

Even better would be to see if Mr. Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon would consider coaching this team.

20. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Are people still posting things like this, lol. Mchale is gone, we are done blaming him. Time to move on. Now all the team needs is a better system and a coach that holds Harden accountable.