1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The UFC thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by dragician, Oct 26, 2013.

1. cardpire

cardpire Member

I don't mean this as a knock on her, but I'm not sure if that's even possible. It's not in her DNA.

Tell you what though - all her cockiness sure does look silly and embarrassing in hindsight.

The Dana White espn interview is cracking me up. Guy is doing a balancing act between looking like he's seen a ghost, and ever so slightly shifting his allegiances to Holm. Guy is a fascinating character.

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

He looked shattered. Lol

3. cardpire

cardpire Member

similar to what i just said.

her entire past looks ridiculous now. she had to finish her career out demolishing everybody for all of her cockiness to be warranted. it was the risk she ran. she was a badass until she wasn't anymore.

4. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Found the video. Brutal. @9:10

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ygCQSiXd2v8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. Beavis Stiffler

There will be a rematch but I think there are other fighters like Meisha Tate, Cat Zingano, etc. should deserve to get a shot to fight Holly Holm for the championship.

Remember, Meisha Tate was supposed to get that title shot when she won her "#1 contender" bout this past summer back in July but Rousey chose Holm instead.

6. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Imo it was. Holms standup and boxing ability were plainly on another stratosphere. Made Ronda look very average.

7. BigTex

BigTex Member

She looked super devastated & probably embarrassed. Bailed from interviews. Her whole ego & brand is tied to being an undefeated badass

8. Depressio

They should, yes. But can Dana White risk Holm losing #1 before she has a re-match with Rousey?

9. Depressio

She had a concussion. She's likely in a hospital, not "bailing interviews." That's pretty standard protocol for fighters that get KO'ed.

10. cardpire

cardpire Member

A rematch will obviously take place first, but it doesn't really matter.

Interest in the rematch would be equal whether Holm was #1 or lost 3 matches leading up to it.

11. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I can beat anyone in a 'ruleless fight male or female'
    <a href="https://t.co/wSrK1qoIZp">https://t.co/wSrK1qoIZp</a></p>&mdash; Martin Brian Ansah (@DaAnsahonSports) <a href="https://twitter.com/DaAnsahonSports/status/665784411795947520">November 15, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I don't think Rhonda will want a rematch -- this fight was Brock Lesnar getting hit in the face level of exposure. Rousey isn't that good she bull rushes until she gets you on the ground and that's it -- after a few straight lefts to the face Rhonda was confused and exhausted. She had nothing and Holm hurt her bad and knocked her unconscious.

13. dockerland

dockerland Contributing Member

That was one of the best performances I have ever seen in the octagon, was as close to perfect as you could have seen. Major props to Holly.

Hopefully this lights the fire under Ronda again, the distractions outside the fight game were starting to take over and a loss like this could be the best thing that ever happened to her.

Mind you, in saying that I just think Holly is a bad match up for her.

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

duuuuhhhhzammmmm (ouch)

15. amaru

amaru Member

That wasn't even close lol. At least I don't have to hear about the fictitious fight with Mayweather now :rollseyes:

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

That was meant to happen. All the cocky egomaniac bull**** she's been pulling lately had to get canned.
    "I can beat any female boxer with one hand tied behind my back."

"I'm the best fighter in the world and can beat any male or female."

On holly: "I don't buy her good girl class act bull**** one bit"

"She won't last a round, her camp can try all they want but they don't stand a chance."

What really ticked me off was the needless drama at the weigh in and trash talk before the fight. Holly was perfectly calm and cool and clearly intimidated RR. She's lucky she got her wake up call from such a classy fighter.

On another note HH is one of my favorite athletes now. Pure class, humble, amazing striker and bad****ingass.

17. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Best response of the thread :grin:

18. i3artow i3aller

:eek:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

This, I'm so glad she got defeated for once. Fame really got to this girl's head, felt untouchable although she always fought vs weak opponents. Hope her career goes in shambles now.

20. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

The angle from that first vid is pure art...and impossible not to admire. I'd like to think that fighters envision what they want to do...but are only able to implement it to the degree they can outwit and outpower their opponent.

That sequence of events was an animal dominating and implementing exactly what her primal nature dictated.

Punch with the left.

Smacked her to the ground with the arm.

Threw her around.

Positioned her.

Kicked her the **** into the stratosphere.

Just amazing...gonna be hard to go back to all running around in the ring and humping on the ground that takes over most fights.