1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 11/14/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 14, 2015.

1. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

I was busy so I didn't follow the game at all. I saw the final score and figured Dirk turned into 2007 Dirk and parsons had a revenge game. Then I looked at the box score and saw Dirk and chandler didn't play....oh damn.

2. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Yeah Rondo/Ellis interesting comparison....definitely similar symptoms. I'd rather see Lawson in the game when Harden is on the bench and see what happens over time....heck pick names out of the hat at this stage...anything other than the same mechanical lineups jeez

3. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

mavs didnt have dirk, chandler, or wes
    rockets didnt have dwight, dmo, bev, and their balls

overall its pretty even

4. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Lmao we should start terry an bring Lawson off the bench, wtf I thought this team was going far

5. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

SHAME ON THIS TEAM!!!

SO EMBARRASSING....

6. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Morey and Les still want some miracle happening.... LOLLLLLOOL

7. malakas

malakas Member

Exactly. At least there is a basic comprehension of the most major problem here by the coach. No talk in defence. The root of all evil.
    But what is being done to fix it?
    If he has to put Lawson in the bench and start Terry since Terry even if he's a bad defender is a very experienced vet who seem to talk in defence then so be it.

I don't care for a loss anymore. I care about some kind of progress. Defensively. Some kind of communication and accountabillity.

8. malakas

malakas Member

Players have to be trained to talk in defence. It's not like "talk in defence" and they do it. They have to practice it again and again and it's also something that needs a good example and is catching. If you have a good vet who talks he sets the good example and the other players after MANY practices follow his lead.

Talking in defence wont' happen just by saying it will. It needs work.

9. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

can they use a bullhorn?

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

What an embarrassing team we have.

Things cannot get better so long as Mchale is the coach, Howard is not able to play every nite, DMO still on the mend, and players like pat bev and t jones always in and out of the lineup. (Now Harrel catches the pat bev bug)

Harden's shot, defense and attitude seem broken.

Our defense sucks and we can't shoot.
    :(

11. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I wonder how the other players (honestly) feel about Dwight in and out of the lineup.

12. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Probably need Beverley to start at this point to help set defensive tempo. You can still play Lawson 32-35 mins off the bench.

Need Dwight to play all the games.

We might have the worst defense in the NBA right now.

Boston is going to be pretty scary on Monday. They gave the Spurs a good run last week.

13. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Is your source awake, or nah?

14. akeemshook

akeemshook Member

FTFY.

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Someone tell Khloe to visit the rockets so they can wake up from their coma

16. Mr Chuck Norris

I'm also waiting

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

[MacMahon] Dirk Nowitzki, tongue-in-cheek, after a 110-98 win over the Rockets in which he was one of three starters to rest: "I said to the team, screw 2011, this is the greatest win in franchise history. We’ve got history with the Rockets. They hate us; we hate them. This was a beauty to watch."

18. Audioout

Audioout Member

I don't know how so many people can say that Harden and Lawson can't play together because they both need the ball to be successful when Harden had no problems being successful when playing with Westbrook.

I'm of the opinion that Lawson should be bringing the ball up on fast breaks and if they don't beat the defense getting set, depending on the opposition he should pass it into Dwight or out to Harden then he should be running around off the ball to get open on cuts, not standing in the corner for 3. The corners should be Thorton, Bev, or Ariza.

Also, Jones should never NEVER be standing in one spot unless he's setting a strong pick. And the pick man doesn't need to roll to the basket for alley oop every ******* play! He's drawing his man right into the middle where Harden is headed and clogging the lane.

Ugh!

19. torpedou

torpedou Member

Actually coach problem is not just only McHale! The more important is the entire coach team! We can't make another mistake. Look few more years back. When JVG can't lead the team through 1st round. That time we say he only know defense don't know offense. So we got Rick Adelman since that time we see less and less defense but better offense. McHale actually is just a replacement for Rick Adelman, because that time we don't have much talent player, no need to pay for so expensive coach, so they picked McHale. He is not doing very well is understandable. Every new coach come they will bring they are own crews. McHale is too new on coach position. Surely can see he don't have a strong enough crews to support him.
    But now the more important is now who is the best one to replace him? I think if there is anyone better and really can make the deference, D.Morey would made the change long time ago. Look around there really don't have a better choice. D.Morey did very good job to bring talent players and he also help McHale to build team playing system. Now Rockets shooting more 3's, getting more FT and layup. This concept have been proven is effective but it's not come from McHale but D.Morey. McHale and his crew not doing well to design the team strategy to create more open looks and easy layup. What he doing is just let player play 1 on 1. On defense side even worst the rotation is terrible. I think a high school coach can do better than this. Look at GSW after Steve Kerr taking in charge (BTW the previously coach Mark Jackson I think is even worst and more stupid than McHale. Can say he is the most sucks coach in NBA) they have adapted D.Morey's concept but in a more effective way! So we all know what they got in last season.
    Now let's look around who will be the best one to replace McHale? First we need to know what we need. First is a coach can bring defense in a very short period. And also this coach at offense side need be creative and suitable for D.Morey's concept. Another important point is this coach need able to control the changing room. With this 3 condition I don't have 1 name come out in mind. The best solution I think is ask Tom Thibodeau to in-charge on defense side and D'Antoni on offense side. Surely that won't be possible. But if Rockets able to pay the price I think coach K will be a good choice.

1 person likes this.