1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The UFC thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by dragician, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Panda23

Panda23 Member

What an absolute technical mismatch. Holms boxing was too much for Ronda.

Is this the first time Ronda has fought anyone with this level of elite skill wrt Holms boxing ability?

2. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

feel bad...for JJ. Such a bad season.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">When someone asks who's going to win the fight tonight. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/andSTILL?src=hash">#andSTILL</a> <a href="https://t.co/ORPjs3YDiM">pic.twitter.com/ORPjs3YDiM</a></p>&mdash; JJ Watt (@JJWatt) <a href="https://twitter.com/JJWatt/status/665609053133910016">November 14, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Dana White and Ronda too cocky thinking a multiple champion boxer would be easy. WTF!!!, were they thinking?!?!

4. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Ronda walked into the fight like...

[​IMG]

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I don't know about technical mismatch but Rousey looked horrible. Terrible strategy and she had no plan what to do once she got popped and couldn't close the distance without running in face first.

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

She looked unprepared.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Mchale must be coaching her too. BAM!

That's my time, G'night Errbody!

1 person likes this.
  8. sew

sew Member

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/9vfu" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen scrolling="no" style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

9. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I mean the divison is so new that none of the woman are really great mixed martial artist yet. Rhoda got by on so many others that weren't prepared to fight a complete fight so even though she faced some good boxers they weren't able to defend her Judo like Holms was able to do.

10. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face" -Mike Tyson

11. cardpire

cardpire Member

i'm salivating at the betting value for holm in the rematch. that was a complete mismatch. no reason to sanely believe that anything different happens in the rematch. rousey had 7 minutes to get her on the mat in this one.

kind of feel bad for rousey. she's suddenly one more loss away from total irrelevance. and regardless, the degree of luster that she had up until an hour ago is gone for good.

ufc and boxing both took a big hit this year.

12. Beavis Stiffler

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;See that's why I run in all my fights.&quot; - Floyd Mayweather</p>&mdash; Faux John Madden (@FauxJohnMadden) <a href="https://twitter.com/FauxJohnMadden/status/665769329074401280">November 15, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Saw Holm fight a few times with Legacy here in Houston. I remember an exact kick like she gave Rousey that knocked out an opponent here in Houston, too.

So happy for her, having come up through a Houston-run MMA organization. I thought Rousey would just bull rush her then submit her, but Holm won this match by getting out of the clench/grappling (and, of course, tagging Rousey repeatedly in the face).

I expect Rousey will use this, fire her team, and come back for a real fight. This time prepared. Could make for an excellent UFC 200 to have Holm vs. Rousey 2. Dana White is seeing $$$$.

14. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

jj watt is so irrelevant, this wants to be justin beiber or something, dude go away... i see this dude everywhere but on the practice field. The texans suck, how does this guy get endorsements

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

That was from Joe Louis originally. Just gotta give credit where is due.

16. Depressio

Rousey seemed arrogant in her approach, though. Her team is also terrible, telling her "you're doing good" after the first round. I expect she'll get rid of 'em and come back with more respect the second time, and it should be a better fight.

Holm barely got out of some clenches and barely out of an armbar. Otherwise, she was absolutely perfect. I think Rousey will come back less arrogant, a little humbled, and focus more on the fighting, strategy, and conditioning (which she obviously lacked compared to Holm).

17. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

nice try at a comeback, but oscar de la hoya got owned tonight... holy holm didnt fight like antonio margorito, she fought like floyd mayweather mixed with bruce lee and knocked that hypejob ronda rousey out.. its criminal ronda won female athlete of the year over serena williams

btw conor mcgregor is next to get his butt whipping... jose aldo aint running his mouth, just like holly holm didnt run her mouth, they let their fist do the talking... man its been a tough year for the floyd mayweather haters this year... lil g pulls in only 97k ppv buys on his first ppv, and andre ward in a few months will outbox serge kovalev

18. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

rousey is disgraceful, she closer to adrien broner than anybody will admit, she didnt touch gloves, she fought holm at the weigh in, she said meisha tate will only be champ when she retires, she sucker punched holm after the bell of round 1..

she deserved every bit of what she got tonight lol

19. Rocketfanatic2

Lol Dana White about to cry in this interview. He might be as devastated as Rousey right now.

20. Depressio

Don't take me wrong. She absolutely deserved everything she got tonight.

After a bit of humble pie, though, I hope she can come back and make Holm vs. Rousey 2 a spectacle to see.