1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We don't play any real contenders in our next 20 games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Beard, Nov 8, 2015.

1. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

LOL reading through this thread is gold for the unintentional comedy

2. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was sad then I re-read this thread and it made me laugh

3. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

LOLOLLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

4. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Indeed.

5. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

What we need now is an anti-jinx thread.

6. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

if we dont play any contenders in the next 20 games why the **** did we just lose to the nets aka worst ****in team in the league? why cant this team just play the ****ing game? why do they have to play down to their opponent? they have diwght now, and lawson, and mostly heatlhy, shouldnt have to rely on harden every single posession

7. Rox11

Rox11 Member

See son....needing and getting a pg only helps when there is a system which they can use that pg in. When there is no such system, he just becomes another chicken with his head off. Clap clap clap clap.

8. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

see son..if rockets dont do well in this stretch, we're coming for your head! clap clap

9. csc177

csc177 Member

This thread should be locked. The first time I read the title I shook my head. Whoever made it CLEARLY does not watch the Rockets.

Jinx? Nah---That lost to an 0-7 team last night is who we are. No system, no identity, no real coach. We go out there and "play hard" and hope Harden has 35+ points.

What.a.joke.

10. SKTTLZ

SKTTLZ Member

I thought of this thread after that L...can't help but laugh lol.

11. joeson332

joeson332 Member

0-1 since this thread...

12. joeson332

joeson332 Member

So thanks a lot Beard.. :(

13. OTMax

OTMax Member

We should've known better, the Rockets just proved it again.

14. shtinkee

shtinkee Member

Rockets can make any team a contender.

15. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Oh well... this team is headed in the opposite direction of GSW.

Not just in W/L but in key areas of mental fortitude, maturity, and confidence.

GSW has a sound game plan and structure that promotes strong leadership and puts their players in positions to succeed. They always come prepared to play. Their aggression and execution (on BOTH ends) comes from confidence -- which comes from mental preparation. Both Kerr (illness) and Gentry (NOP) are gone, and this GSW is arguably better than last season. What does that tell you? Why is their success sustainable? Don't dare say Luke freakin Walton.

Bottom line: coaching matters but the NBA is still a players league. If they have no structure, no solid direction, they won't buy in as a team, and all the talent in the world means nothing. Having a GM like DM also means nothing.

Why aren't the Rockets motivated to blow out lottery teams, especially at home?

Why do they only get up and compete for big games against contenders?

Answer: SOFT leadership, poor game plans ('play harder guys, pls *clap clap*), and a general lack of discipline -- which all leads to carelessness and immaturity.

The exact opposite of Golden State.

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Just had to stop in and LOL at this thread. The fact that it exists considering what happened against Denver in the first game is funny, and then after the Nets loss...just man.

Don't complain about the Rockets not getting media respect. Don't assume ANY game is a win. This team just does not offer that luxury. We have seen it time and time again.

However, in the Golden State forums, they should feel free to throw up these threads at their leisure.

17. Phamilton82

Phamilton82 Member

I don't normally post on this board, I actually enjoy just reading the information and the back and forth arguments between people, but I have to comment here.

A lot of posts on this thread after the loss to the Nets to me is mind-blowing. I've read these boards for years and it's crazy how everyone gets after a loss. Yes I understand it was to the Nets who were winless on the season, but it happens guys. Even the Spurs and Warriors suck it up to a horrible team every now and then at least we're getting it out of the way in the beginning of the season. Adding a new point guard to a team leads to the hardest transition because he's the facilitator he's where it starts. We just acquired, I think, a top tier point guard and we just have to give him time to fully adjust to our offense. We got a taste of it with that 4 game win streak he looked amazing at times running the offense and trust me I record and watch every single game even twice sometimes.

Playing with a point guard like this is going to take a few games to adjust, but when they do they will be a force and I'll guarantee they won't be losing to teams like this late in the season when they've had ample time to adjust to playing with each. Just give it time

18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

19. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Y'all were saying?:eek:

20. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

rockets are pretenders...cant believe i bought into this BS hype