1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AMC's The Walking Dead [Season 6]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by fchowd0311, Oct 11, 2015.

1. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

So is the wolf tied up AND locked up inside the house? Just locking him there is meaningless, there should be plenty of stuff in there to help him bust out of a house. This is gonna bite him, or the team, in the butt probably before the midseason break.

2. split41

split41 Member

Deep? No one would understand it? Ok, let's settle down on all these generalisations.

As a fan, who has read the comics and has followed the show since it's inception, I can tell you this episode was weak.

It's hardly deep, we already knew where it was heading, as soon as he kept him in the cell and wouldn't "kill [Morgan]."

Secondly, it's quite obvious to anyone that this was a "filler" episode, an episode they could plug in, in the middle of the series, that is cheap.

As a viewer, I didn't find anything "deep" here. If this is your definition of deep, I'd suggest taking a beginners philosophy course in ethics or something, because this was trite.

But honestly, just my personal opinion, not trying to get up in your face - just took a few cheap shots for my own amusement.

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i can understand suppose how someone would think this episode is trite. i simply enjoyed it though. perhaps because i have been going through my own "journey" this year regarding my decision to become vegetarian. and also things likes teaching my son to not physically or verbally pick on other children now that he is in kindergarten, but at the same time it is ok to defend yourself or others that are being harassed.

it sounds clever to say this is a cheap way to get an episode in without advancing the plot and to also have a low production cost for an episode. for me though i like the show (it's one of the few things i watch these days, as stated by me earlier in this thread) and back story on the characters for something i like is fine by me.

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

here is another take by someone that enjoyed this episode a lot.

http://www.vox.com/culture/2015/11/2/9657210/the-walking-dead-episode-4-recap-morgan

5. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Deep? Lmao

It's only deep if you only watch Fast and Furious movies.

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

From the article peleincubus linked

Rick's voice at the end? I didn't catch that.

7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

He was yelling something... and Morgan took off

End Scene/

8. heypartner

Just re-watched the end. Whoever it was was yelling, "Open the gate .... open the gate."

Also, to the question previous regarding if the Wolf was locked up. Yes, bound and locked in, with metal doors. Morgan even looked at his keys, as if not to lock the door, then locked it.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah that was almost certainly Rick yelling to open the gate which lets us know he made it out of the RV and ran away from the horde.

10. heypartner

Or he simply got the RV started.

11. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

The point of the RV was to route the walkers away from Alexandria, but we do know the **** has hit the fan so i guess its a possibility.

I think he had to ditch the RV, is running back to town to attempt to find something else to have the zombies chase.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe, but that would be weak IMO. When something like that fails to start that many times in a row, the odds of it cranking up are very slim. I think it's more realistic for Rick to be just out-running them. They aren't the WWZ track champion zombies.

13. heypartner

good points. I just recalled Rick already being surrounded, but I guess he still had a second or two to jump out.

I guess that big truck with the blaring horn was still running until they turned off the engine.

14. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

He collected lot of fire power on the way to the RV and still have them. I fully expect him to fight his way out.

As for the yelling to open the gate.... who was closer to home base? Rick or the group that was heading back. I assumed the yell was from that group.

15. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Not sure but it definitely sounded like Rick.

16. Nero

Nero Member

It may have been, but it will just lead to another episode-long flashback of how Rick got there...

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Would be pretty ironic if him running back to the safe zone is what actually draws in the zombies to heavily attack it.

In the end, he saw the baby food, changed his mind and "Did it For Him".

18. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

I fell asleep while watching the last episode. :|

I would be annoyed if they dragged the Glenn storyline to the mid season finale. When is it? Next month?

19. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I don't think it's a bad thing that you have to step back every now and then and catch your breath with regards to the main story. Sure I'd like to see what happens to Rick and Glenn, but I wasn't bothered at all that I didn't get to find that out during this episode, nor by the fact that it was a bit longer. We needed to know Morgan's backstory, even if the journey was already pretty apparent. It actually turned out to be quite enjoyable.

A somewhat subtle but interesting moment at the end... when Morgan decided to lock the Wolf guy inside the house. Fairly easy for Eastman to abide by his principles when you're living by yourself deep in the woods. It's not so easy when you're surrounded by a crumbling society. And it's been proven too many times in this world that if you do not eliminate a threat, it will hurt you later.

20. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, probably... They like to drag stuff out... I almost have considered just reading recaps or fast forwarding character development parts (I don't really care for the drama anymore, it's like my time would be better spent re-watching breaking bad).

I'm not saying the show sucks or acting is bad, or I don't understand what the so called "deep story" means that some believe this last episode was... Honestly I would almost enjoy more main characters dying off just so the Internet can implode (it's a ****ing show people, the actor/actress didn't die, just the character), it's like the show's writers are trolling on purpose to build drama, just kill everyone off like the comic, haha.