1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2016] The After-Loss Ventilate and Ameliorate Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Buck Turgidson

Really? The Rockets have been telling "everybody [to] clap their hands" for years now over the PA. It obviously works, just look at how amped up the TC crowd is.

2. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Fellas, I'm sorry, this one's on me. I signed up for League Pass for the first time ever. This happens every time I make an investment. I bought my son a tennis racquet, didn't pay for the replacement plan, and he broke it. Bought another one, no replacement plan, and he broke it. Third time, I bought the replacement plan ... so of course he has never broken the third one.

It's Murphy's law. If I hadn't signed up for League Pass, we'd have won the game and I'd be cursing myself for missing it. Fortunately, I'm only on the 1-week trial so far. Still have time to change my mind about signing up for the season, so we can get back to winning. My apologies.

3. beardsanity713

I think we'll be fine honestly Dwight was out Dmo as well we were weak on the interior no low post presence...
    never have been big on mchale but getting the full potential out of this team is his responsibility im not sure he can but i believe in the talent we have...Montrez definitely should have played more over the same ole timid tjones.. GO Rockets!!!

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I need to ventilate about LP. I couldn't watch the game live, and NBALP still hasn't been able to get the archive of the game to play ("for technical difficulties"). Did anyone else experience this?

I ended up watching the damn 25 min "condensed version." I need to go back and watch the whole game so I can ventilate some more and commiserate with the rest of the GARM. I feel I must sit through this whole loss.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I am still mad at the Kardashians. I wish they just vanished from all media.

This is a 5-star thread, BTW. I hate all the negative threads flooding the GARM. But I do need somewhere to vent my frustration after two ugly losses in a row.

6. heypartner

And don't forget to ameliorate, as well. Montrezl is awesome!

7. OTMax

OTMax Member

**** our coaches, **** Harden, **** Howard and where the **** did our pre-season highs in Ariza, Brewer and Capela go?? Thank you for this! ;)

8. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

How about some movement on offense? Maybe some pick and rolls? The offense has been non-existent. When T. Jones has been in there, it's at its worst.

I am really at a loss. The Rockets have looked atrocious in the first two games on offense and defense. Harrell has looked pretty impressive so far, at least.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, that dude is a bright spot.

And Capela is going to be a great defensive player. There is no doubt in my mind.

10. amaru

amaru Member

lol we are probably going to be embarrassed again. 1 or 2 more loses like this and the negative press will start.

11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I'm J. Sizzle on this one, PnR all day long. While everyone else run some back screens or screens opposite of the PnR. Nobody should be spectating out there. If they are, McHale needs to immediately bench them.

No more pressers from Harden. The other day he said they need to stop cooling. Well how about you stop cooling then and lead by example Superstar.

Morey when will you at least hire a defensive minded assistant coach?

On the bright side, both Capela and Harrell look very promising. We still need a stretch 4 to really open up the offense.

12. heypartner

We run a lot of reverse PnRs. It's called Horns. So, factor that in.

13. heypartner

Thornton scores 19 pts in the 1st half in his first start.

Needs more RV6!

14. Handles

Handles Member

Garbage, pathetic collapse. Just depressing.

Good thing is that since the rockets are proving not to be worth my time, I'll have extra free time to read more books or pick up carpentry or some other hobby.

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

turrible. just, turrible.

16. Rockets1994

Rockets1994 Member

ty is so tentative i dont understand why. not even looking for his shot

17. heypartner

As Will said after the first loss,,,

Fellas, I'm sorry, this one's on me. I bumped the thread to honor RV6's post about Thornton right before the collapse started. Apparently, it's bad luck to post in this thread when the Rockets are winning.,,,even with a 21pt lead.

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yep. It's officially time to panic.

19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qSAKHLbCUGk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

HP, I owe you and everyone else here an apology. I know I said I would scrap the League Pass to get us back on track after game 1. Well ... I didn't. I kept the trial (which runs through Nov. 3, I think), and look what happened. Now everyone is injured or hobbled -- D-Mo, Howard, Jones, and Harden's brain. (Well, Jones' brain, too, but I have a feeling that happened at birth.) Also, Lawson has shrunk to 5'9" and doubled the number of steps he had lost. And to top it off, I've turned Kevin McHale into a bad offensive coach.

I can't express how ashamed I am for having caused this meltdown. The League Pass trial ends in 2 days. I promise not to subscribe for the rest of the season.