1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden pride?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fansince80, Nov 1, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Fansince80

Fansince80 Member

What did he do all season? I bet other stars practiced their ass off to get better.

2. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

kardashians are poison

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

He has no pride. We have seen him have terrible stinkers all of his career where he doesn't play D, doesn't hustle, and just bricks shots.

He might have the weakest mentality out of anybody in the NBA.

4. astros123

astros123 Member

partying, i saw him a couple time at Cle and other hot spots. You'd never see kobe or lebron after a tough defeat , but they have different menalitys. He'll never be a true superstar sadly

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Can't buy a shot. Whether it's pride, practice, whatever...he needs to change things up. Needs to wake up. It's one thing to start off slow. It's another to be objectively terrible. ESPECIALLY for somebody as good as him.

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He gets punk by other players and looks for the ref to defend him.

7. SaintGermain

SaintGermain Member

I'll never understand why fans make a big deal out of players partying. Harden is single, childless and a young guy. What's the problem with him enjoying the nightlife in the off-season? It's like people expect these guys to spend their entire summer in the gym or something.

8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

His head got too big for his own good. He had other off court distractions but don't listen to me. There are homers here who believe he was busting his @ss off all season in the gym to get better.

I wonder why he would be so bad then?

9. Fansince80

Fansince80 Member

They scored 14 and 12 and miami put up something like 34 or 35 in each qtr in the second half. The entire team looked dead tired. Inadequate conditioning. This team thinks it's August.

McHale is a special kind of joke. Could cost Morey his job soon.

10. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Lil B curse is legit

11. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Steph Curry scored 40 and 53 in GS games so far. Also he played fairly well in the Rox game. Harden needs to step up, be the leader on and off the court like Curry has been.

12. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Harden is mentally weak I've always kinda thought. He needs to bring his game and not his name

13. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Harden didn't do anything this offseason except build his brand. Every other MVP candidate is playing like a beast.

Dating a kardashian didn't help, if anything, it probably made him think more about making money rather than improving his game. Remember, he's supposed to be at his prime right now. I can't recall another player at their prime performing this poorly entering a season.

14. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

God Is Fair.

15. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Remember last season when Matt Barnes badmouthed Harden's mom? What did Harden do in retaliation? NOTHING. He played poorly the next game.

16. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I don't think he's mentally weak but i don't think he gives a damn when he's not doing well. Like how some guys say at the end of the night that their shot wasn't falling tonight just gotta keep shooting, I think he's the embodiment of that attitude. If he misses oh well if he makes it gotta stir it up.

17. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

He didn't win the MVP for a reason guys. Harden was good last season, but Curry was just better

18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He clearly didn't work on his game this offseason, shame after being a top 5 player last year.

19. stefanb

stefanb Member

Harden is falling off quick. Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in the same situation as Steve Francis. The excessive partying catches up with you, that's what these guys don't get. Harden is what, 26? He needs to get his s*** together. I know it's the old cliche saying but, if you get paid that much money you should probably working your ass off. Instead he is living it up and partying with this Kardashian broad.

That's the difference between players like Olajuwon, Drexler, Smith and these new guys. The old legends took pride in their teams and respected their fans. These new guys are just disrespectful to organization and their fans. And I've noticed a lot of fans are losing respect for Harden.

20. OTMax

OTMax Member

Harden is exactly like T-mac, mentally weak and just does not have the mindset, mentality, work ethic or discipline to work hard. Look at Curry, he's already a master at his craft yet continues to find new workouts to get better. You think Harden does that?