1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Playboy will stop publishing photos...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by J.R., Oct 12, 2015.

1. Buck Turgidson

Yeah, that was the excuse for decades.

Then Playboy finally believes them.

"Well, that backfired terribly." -- men

2. thejav

thejav Member

thats horrible..how will i get my news now?

3. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Maybe, high-speed internet and 4G data ain't gettin any cheaper.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

I'm OK my good breh, thank you for asking. Playboy was a major part during my development years and I am forever grateful to them. However, with today's internetz I have almost unlimited supply of teh faps.

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I used to get them for free and had to stop when they started piling up unread.

They give them away to boost subscriber numbers for ad agencies.

For the premium brands like wsj or economist using miles is a pretty good value.

6. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Magazines are dying, Playboy is pointless for the most part, the only bummer if there is one, is no more celeb/super model/reality "star" nude pictorials. On the plus side, there's a a whole class of hot women that may have to consider p*rn now that Playboy won't need as a many of them.

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I think I heard their subscribership is 800,000, down from ~5m at their peak in the late '70s. And they make a lot of their money from branding.

I think what they're doing sounds like a good plan. I mean, there might be no plan that can possibly save them from the magazine death spiral that faces the whole industry, but as far as possible plans go this is better than doing nothing and probably better than most alternatives. They have a very strong brand and an iconic logo. They have a legacy of good writing -- good interviews, good fiction. But they've found themselves to far down the nekkid lady track where they can't compete and that distracted from the strong reputation in these other areas. They can hope to pivot and change the brand association away from nekkid ladies and toward a cultured men's magazine. It'll take a lot of work to undo the association with nudes and build up again the culture angle. But, if they can do that, and they can transition to an internet magazine format, they can possibly be strong again.

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

How do you figure? High speed internet is becoming more and more common and cheaper due to competition in the market. Thanks Google Fiber.

Haven't you noticed how carriers are falling all over themselves to undercut each other right now? It's because everyone has a cell phone now, there aren't any "new" adopters other than teenagers. They have no choice but to offer unlimited data and **** for free, because they have to pull customers from each other.

I think you're confused.

9. Frank Drebin

Frank Drebin Member

I sure hope magazines aren't dying. I've had a subscription to Voluptuous the past three years. I also reccomend XL if you are into that sort of thing. They stem from the Score brand.

I don't use the internet anymore. I felt like I was debasing myself and that it warped my reality. Real girls don't look like that. Something about it felt very unnatural.

I honestly feel bad for kids growing up today with the internet smorgasbord at their fingertips. I'll never forget when my dad found my mini stash of his old playboys under my bead.