1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Breaking: Lamar Odom in hospital fighting for his life

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ItsMyFault, Oct 13, 2015.

Tags:
  1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

TMZ.com Update "11:00 PM PT -- Lamar is still in a coma and his heart is failing ... our source says he is having serious problems with his kidneys and lungs as well. Khloe Kardashian is currently by his side."

2. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Sounds like he was in an all day sex romp at a brothel. I guess if you're going to go out it's not the worst way.

3. malakas

malakas Member

Multiple organ failure...:/ Things don't look good. Hope he still makes it through. He is so young.

4. the shark

the shark Member

so so sad.
    He's obviously had a hard time dealing with the pain in his life, and turned to drugs to numb the pain.

Lost his mother to cancer when he was kid.
    His father is a heroin addict.
    He lost his first son to sudden infant death syndrome.
    He lost his best friend not too long ago, and another good friend died recently as well.

Sounds like everyone that knows him from the NBA flat out love the dude.

Hopefully he's able to pull out of this, and if not, he'll finally be at best with the Lord.

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I hope LO finds the peace he was looking for where he is now and on the other side.

Pretty promising and tragic life.

6. dragician

dragician Member

I think what he means is this was all caused by the break up with Khloe, or Khloe dumping him.

7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Unfortunate for him and his family.

I come from a family full of people who have has substance abuse issues. It killed some of them, some of them made it through. I personally feel zero sadness for anybody that has drug issues. At some point they made the choice to start. This day and age everybody is more than made aware of the dangers.

Don't do drugs, there is no circumstance where it is ever a good idea.

8. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Terrible news. I hope that this inspires someone, somewhere to give up the lifestyle that brought Odom here, but cynically I'm afraid that it will probably be just another unheeded case of a guy going too young and will change nothing.

9. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

What pisses me off the most is that Lamar hates with a passion TMZ and they are the one's reporting most of this incident. He would go crazy if he knew they where making money off his demise.

10. the shark

the shark Member

Nobody is asking you to be sad, and I certainly can appreciate your perspective on drugs given how it's affected your life. That said you haven't walked in LO shoes, and although you aren't sad about his situation, how about some compassion?

1 person likes this.
  11. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Reading that he just passed..no way?

12. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Lots of posts are saying he is dead. JR Smith, Lil Wayne all saying RIP.

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

What's the latest? Is he still alive.

Nice to see Khloe by his side.

Hope he makes it and gets one more chance

14. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Why would Wayne be the first one saying RIP?

15. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

lol got some tears rn, RIP Lamar.

16. brooksstephens

Doesn't every news agency make money on big news stories?? It's their livelihood..

You may not like how TMZ gets their hands dirty with some questionable journalistic practices, but at the end of the day they take a big risk in reporting the way they do, which has paid off for them.

It drives me crazy that people want to place blame on TMZ for the poor decisions of celebrities.

17. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

I never said this. Don't twist my words a la TMZ...
    Just said that he hates this media and would be pissed off knowing they are the primary source of info covering his (potential) death.
    And if you don't see an issue with these kind of reporters I suggest you go and watch the movie (yes, I know, its a fictional movie but the screenwriters still based their research on facts) 'Nightcrawler'. That might change your perception. And if not just research Lady Diana's death.

18. SKTTLZ

SKTTLZ Member

Hope he pulls through and turns his life around. I was always a fan of his game but thought he could've been one of the greats.

I still think this is one of the best plays in NBA history:
    [​IMG]

19. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Doesn't have great parent figures and probably suffering through tremendous 'post traumatic stress' well into adult hood from his childhood circumstances. His grandma and grand parents in general could only do 'some' basic things to raise him. It was the streets and his coaches/school staff that helped him make it to the NBA.

20. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

Dang... when you have inner demons and addictions, I can see that it's hard to get out of the black hole.

Hoping that he pulls through and turns his life around.