1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Athletics @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Sep 18, 2015.

1. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

thumbs up :cool:

2. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

++ cardpire. Must spread rep!

3. Grandpappy

Grandpappy Member

Sometimes you just have to look at yourself man! Even though I agree with most of what you have said you often come across as overtly pessimistic and have a tendency to rub people the wrong way especially when everybody is irritated after a loss. You bring up some valid points most of the time but its not what you say but the manner and the wording of your posts. In the end we are all fans of the Astros and we all want them to do well. This season has been a bonus in terms of where the team was projected to be at the beginning. After suffering through 7 years of constant losing I am happy to have the Astros play meaningful ball inSeptember.

4. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

You are right, everyone has the right to have an opinion. But some opinions are well founded, grounded in logic. And then there are yours. One problem is that your opinions not particularly well founded. That's not all that uncommon granted, but what makes you different or special is the sheer volume of them.

Have you ever known someone who talks five times more than they listen. Do you find yourself not enjoying that particular interaction because you feel like you are literally being trampled or drowned with words. At some point, your mind just turns itself off because you can't take anymore and the other person won't stop talking. And if they occasionally made sense, it stopped mattering to you because trying to find sense in a verbal tsunami is impossible?

Don't be that guy. Post what you think in a concise way. Anyone can drone on for pages about what they think. It takes skill, intellect and thought to edit out the crap and repetition, and boil down your words. And don't repeat yourself in six different threads.

I actually think that you, like most people, would rather be liked and accepted. So I am hoping you might consider what I've said here. Just try.

5. boozle222

boozle222 Contributing Member

I see that things are going as well as they were a week ago in here.

6. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

eh..not quite. A good deal worse until the last 2 days

7. right1

right1 Member

I don't mind your style seƱor cangrejero. A bit unconventional but that is what makes things interesting. Some of your takes are spot on, some bewildering and some a little off the wall, but I find you less annoying than some other posters on here. It's just baseball. You get a lot of oddballs in this peculiar sport that has so much downtime and beats to a different drum. Those who don't love baseball find it incredibly boring. For me, women have come and gone, but baseball remains and will always be my first love. I think after so many years of losing a lot of us forgot how nervewracking a pennant race can be. I just hope we get to experience some playoff baseball THIS year!

8. Mattician

Mattician Member

Springer!

First home run since June 30th.