1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Mac Predicts James Harden Might Average 40 PPG This Season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

2. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Hmm.. that sounds crazy

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I could see it.

Harden is basically a cheat code at this point.

Seems to be getting better and better.

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’ll be shocked if he doesn’t average at least 32, 6, and 7

Harden has reached a level of offensive dominance that is practically unheard of...his 40 point games don’t impress me, and I’m only impressed with his 50 point games if he’s on a stretch of consecutive 50 point games or if they come with a triple double, and it has to be a triple double with 12 boards and 14 assists or something like that...50, 10, and 11 still has me like meh

60 is something he can get multiple times in a season...60 point triple double he’s already done

please win this title so u can become a top 20 player of all time no debate and people can stfu with this “playoff choker” narrative

#4 Reeko, Oct 23, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    D-rock, Richie_Rich, IvanLCPM and 6 others like this.
  5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I hope not. How ducking team winning ball

6. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure about 40, but i do think he will have another historic scoring season. His step back seems to be getting easier for him. He may have addd even more range. Scoring in general seems like just a walk in the park. If Russ went down for any period of time then it could be possible. His scoring prowess has ascended to that level IMHO.

Matt78777 likes this.
  7. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

If preseason is any indication, even though we're all taking about his one-legged three, it appears he also worked on his floater, which is probably way more important for rounding his scoring (although not as cool). Russ also appears to be rubbing off on him in terms of pace. He's playing quicker, which will lead to more points. Lastly, even though we talk about Harden being a point guard now, Russ is handling when on the floor with Harden. It seems like he'll be even less concerned about passing and just score, score, score.

My prediction is that Harden will average 35+, and Russ's average will take a dip below 20. Russ will be Houston's fast break offense, but in the half court he will pass, let Harden operate, and make threes at the same terrible rate.

D-rock, Richie_Rich and BaselineFade like this.
  8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

If there's a say 25% chance that he will average 40+ ppg, there's a 100% chance he still won't win MVP.

Nook, KiLLiN and pippendagimp like this.
  9. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Rather him shooting than Westbrick

10. Nook

Nook Member

McGrady at 40 calls Harden at 30 "a kid"

Fact: James Harden could average 40 points a game and some other ******* would win the MVP and the Rockets would still lose in the WCF to the Clippers.

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

It's not inconceivable that Harden averages 40. That's only 4 more FTs or two more made layups a game, for 82 games, compared to last year.