1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Akron Beacon Journal: “From LeBron’s own lips he doesn’t like Houston as a City”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Jun 12, 2018.

1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

If he was about that life as much as you say he is, he doesn't spend most of his career in Cleveland. Remember how Noah trashed the city?

He's about that championship life as he said immediately after game 4.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

He doesn't live in Cleveland when the season is over. I believe he has a strong tie to Cleveland obviously because of his birthplace and he clearly wants championships. We have to hope his thirst for titles outweighs his lifestyle goals this year.

mikol13 and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  3. sammy

Right, most of these guys are in LA? That's why they all hooped together last summer.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Whole lotta butt hurt in here for what most Houstonians can't really be surprised with. This city has a lot of work to do in getting rid of narratives.

#64 REEKO_HTOWN, Jun 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  5. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

He has TWO houses in LA I was told. lol that tells you lebron is definitely about that life

6. chinesemamba

chinesemamba Member

Saw this on someone's instagram post, but lebron's son just committed to Southern Cali high school.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol, the chances of PG ever coming here are much lower than Lebron deciding to come to the Rockets

izeroi likes this.
  8. AirPower

AirPower Member

Jesus... those kids would probably kick my ass in basketball, can't believe how good they are at such a young age.

Only thing I have on them is height, but they're fast, have good handles, some of those passes were on the money, and they look like they have great vision.

9. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

The thing about LeBron James is he's as secretive as it gets. He knows how to play the game. For those that followed his 2014 FA, we literally went over 2 weeks and the only concrete rumor there was involved Dan Gilbert's plane, which he somehow didn't keep off the grid. Even those reporters with good Rich Paul connections (Broussard, Haynes, Windhorst) had nothing. And we just went through an NBA Finals in which he almost broke his hand after Game 1 and no one had any idea for over a week.

I have a hard time seeing that same guy make such a declarative statement in earshot of media members. I don't think the reporter is lying, but my guess is whatever was said was less of a sweeping indictment and more in a smaller context.

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Well...

[​IMG]

MyLateRegistration and J Sizzle like this.
  11. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Lebron isn't coming. Lebron never was coming.

12. hakeemthagreat

"Legacy purposes"

13. justtxyank

I'm not really sure to be honest where most live in the offseason. I don't think CP3 intends to live there this offseason.

Lebron definitely does though. We've heard that his wife wants to live there permanently.

There's nothing we can do about that and there's no reason to downplay it. LA is a more glamorous city. If you are rich and don't care about costs and job prospects, LA is great. The weather is great, the access to beaches is better, lots of nightlife, great restaurant scene, other famous people, etc.

14. sammy

Harden has been in LA the past two summers. Most of our guys spend a lot of time down there, which makes sense.

Hot as hell here; go to Cali.

15. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Well, there was that one individual that took pictures of the trucks that housed his exotic cars outside his Miami home.

amaru likes this.
  16. chinesemamba

chinesemamba Member

On to the next one, somebody call the waitress. Lebron to LA.

17. Nook

Nook Member

He did live in Akron during the off season until he started getting weird people coming to his home.

He has two homes in Brentwood as far as I know, with one of them being a mansion worth like $25,000,000 that his family spends a lot of time at during the off season.

Supposedly LeBron's wife wants to live in the exclusive area of Los Angeles and has pushed for the move for several years. I do not blame her, if you have enough money, areas like Brentwood cater to the super rich and famous and are fairly safe. The weather is good and you can find most material needs met.

Having said that, it doesn't mean that LeBron will intend to live their during the season. Time will tell. The James family have lived several different places over the years and I wouldn't be shocked if that continues.

Vivi, DonKnock and justtxyank like this.
  18. justtxyank

Could also be as simple as him making a passing statement about the city not being anything special as an away team. Again, nothing we can do about that and who cares?

Players love to have extra time in Phoenix, LA, Miami, NY, etc. for various reasons. So what, Houston is hot and there isn't anything special about it for a super rich athlete. Pitch is the same. Come here to win championships. We aren't a miserable city in the throws of despair, we don't have snow all over in the winter, our cops aren't beating up your teammates outside of Walgreens, etc. but no, you aren't going to grab a sandwich on a Thursday and be at a table across from five supermodels and a movie producer.

19. justtxyank

Right this is my point. I'm not going to get worked up about him not thinking Houston is as great a city as LA. It's not. So what, no need to fight that losing battle.

20. tc0330

tc0330 Member

Man just get me 3rd star with Hardon CP3 and Capela and ill be happy.