1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What are some minimum wage free agents that can help us beat the Warriors next year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, May 15, 2019.

1. bmelo

bmelo Member

Let's just pick some guy from Drew league that can shoot since he only will be asked to stand in corner and do nothing else

ChumpCity and smp like this.
  2. Vivi

Vivi Member

@Mathloom yeah by bad, thought MKG had a team option in his last year for some reason, and i agree on Bryant too, still wouldn't bet he gets more than the minimum even though it's absolutely likely.

Mathloom likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

Nook and J.R. like this.
  4. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

We need brutes, or floppers, whoever can punch donkeys, or know how to act so that refs can be easily persuaded. They need to check that first before apply for Rockets minimum.

5. HP3

HP3 Member

Man, if there was a way to get Nerlens Noel from OKC, that could work out amazing for us. He would be perfect here. And then(I hate to say it, i really do) we could try using Capela as a trade chip somewhere.

But hes signed to OKC for one more year so thats a no go.

6. foggy94

foggy94 Member

He's probably gonna decline that player option, no?

7. SemisolidSnake

I'm a free agent and willing to work for NBA minimum wage. I'm completely willing to be the team's hatchet man to take out insufferable players like Draymond Green. Of course, at 6'4", 180, I'd probably need to smuggle in an actual hatchet to do it, but we can figure that out later. MOREY, MAKE IT HAPPEN.

justtxyank likes this.
  8. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Sergio lol

9. HP3

HP3 Member

If he does, we could really really use him. He can provide what Capela does for us while having more defensive upside imo. I really hate saying this about Clint though.

If Clint takes a giant leap this year, I would reconsider though....I think he can, but Noel is very appealing imo and his defense could really help us.

10. mig0s

mig0s Member

every single one of this list is washed up lol. Maybe except Ellington but he'll get signed more than the minimum

juanm34 likes this.
  11. Newlin

Newlin Member

Just like last summer. We should have our pick of the minimum wage free agents. I can hardly wait!

12. s3ts

s3ts Member

damn, bruh, this is like walking into a damn dollar store.

juanm34 and HP3 like this.
  13. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

what a loaded Q... but then again, we're NEVER gonna dethrone GS whether you wanna admit it or not.

14. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

If I’m the Rockets I’m going after Jared Dudley, Ed Davis, Kent Bazemore, and Deandre Jordan. Might have to move Capela or Gordon in order to get all this accomplished but I don’t think running it back is a good idea.

snowconeman22 and justtxyank like this.
  15. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

$7.25/hr, even worse. Lol

16. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Not exactly minimum wage but JaMychal Green would be a solid piece.

BaselineFade and justtxyank like this.
  17. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Meh. Dude only averaged what?, 15 minutes a game for OKC?

He’s levels below what Clint was all year aside from the Golden State series.

I don’t think Clint goes anywhere unless it somehow nets us another all start, and given our cap situation that is extremely unlikely.

I see a lot of people spewing trade scenarios where we dump Clint only to bring back glorified role players and pieces that probably wouldn’t elevate us. I’m sure Morey is disappointed with Clint in the Warriors series, but I’m sure he will keep in mind that the guy is only 24 years old and has had series’ where he has outplayed Gobert and KAT (or held his own helping us win 4-1).

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

Bro, we're talking about guys who will probably sign for the minimum, not sure what you expect if not some end of the bench kind of player...

19. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

PG Chris Paul, Austin Rivers, DJ Augustine
    SG James Harden, Wayne Ellington
    SF Jimmy Butler, Trevor Ariza
    PF Aaron Gordon, P.J Tucker, JaMychael Green
    C DeAndre Jordan, Aaron Baynes, Isaiah Hartenstein

This team is way tougher, I dare Draymond to scratch Hardens eyes.

Baynes, Butler, JaMychael will hurt Draymond for sure.

Clint Capela, Eric Gordon, picks for Aaron Gordon, D.J Augustine

#39 rockets1995, May 15, 2019
    Last edited: May 15, 2019
  20. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Actually the NBA doesn't allow minimum wage contracts. The current minimum wage is $7.25 an hour and I am sure even the lowest paid player makes well over that.