1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Week 1] College Football

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by UtilityPlayer, Aug 21, 2016.

1. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

Well folks, real football is almost upon us.

Aug 26th: Hawaii vs Cal (Sydney, Australia) 9PM CT ESPN.

Cal will be replacing their QB(Goff) who was picked #1overall by the Rams.
    Former RedRaider Davis Webb will be the QB for the Bears. The OC for the Bears is the former A&M OC who was let go after last season.

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yesssss. I can't wait.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Not looking forward to watching Auburn get curb-stomped by Clemson opening weekend, but happy football is almost back nonetheless.

4. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

Excellent. I can come out of hiding in this forum now.

I'll be in Dallas for the Bama game plus the Astros are up there that weekend so it should hopefully be a fun weekend!

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Tiger on Tiger violence. It's gonna get ugly.

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

UT's first step back to being king of CFB.

I think Alabama starts its' downturn this season also. Things will be much different in
    4 years.

7. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

It's very important for Texas to really compete in this upcoming game against ND. I'm not sure if they have enough to win, but just being within striking distance in the 4th quarter against a quality opponent at home is something they need if they hope to start turning some heads about the program.

8. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

UT needs to first finish in the top 3 of the Big 12 first before claiming anything near to being King of anything. That being said, if UT finds a legit QB this season and continues to recruit while Baylor is/will take a major hit for the present and future. TCU is still there along with OU who will always have major talent each year.

9. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Finishing top 3 in a mediocre conference isn't enough. The only school who should be ahead of UT is OU. The goal should be to win the big 12 this coming season which is a tough task considering how good OU is. But setting a goal anything lower than that is pretty sad for a program of UT's caliber, especially given the recruits they just got.

For me 9-10 wins are a minimum this season. Anything less and it's a huge disappointment.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

As long as Saban is there, there will be no such thing as a downturn for Alabama.