1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

[Video] Chandler Parsons tip jam and stare down. Again.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 10, 2012.

1. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

Parsons is the Black Chase Bud

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

damn.

Party's over.

3. lauradelenn

lauradelenn Member

I'm thinking the locker room may not be so pleasant these days...bet there's tension, maybe even infighting. I only sort of wish I were a fly on the wall to hear/see what goes on there.

4. Raven

Raven Member

Just a hunch, but I don't think Morey is going to have the luxury of waiting until the trade deadline to make a deal. There just aren't enough minutes to keep everyone happy.

5. Yodels

Yodels Contributing Member

Twill should be at the 2. He should not compete with Parsons (or Bud).

The problem is minutes. We can see D. Morey tried.

Anyway we might be okay after our performance in today's game if we can keep it up....here is hoping at least...

6. VanityHalfBlack

Tom Chambers...

7. Yodels

Yodels Contributing Member

Budinger may not have been told this in his basketball development. "Motor" affects games. Even the great ones who let the game come to them take calculated gambles both on offense and defense in order to win the game. Every second a player on the court he should ask himself "How can I affect this possession?" Sometimes it is just standing there and spacing the floor. Sometimes it is boxing out so a teammate can get a rebound (not yourself). Sometimes it is anticipating the opponent's offense and helping a teammate who is defending a premier player. Sometimes it is fouling a guy to get him out of rhythm. It may take you your first year in the league or 10 years for this to sink in.

8. YDoof2

YDoof2 Member

Hey Parsons! Let's party?

9. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Parsons is bad news for Budinger.

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

11. JonnyFlynn

JonnyFlynn Member

Theres a reason Chase Budinger isn't giving him a standing ovation like the rest of the Rockets bench.

12. Asian Sensation

When did Boris Diaw become so fat?

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Bye bye Bud.

14. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

but bud doesnt put in the same amount of energy....bud needs to step it up if he wants that starting job back.

15. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Not so fast. We need to see Bud at the 2 book-ended by Lowry and Parsons. I bet with two good defenders around him and two guys that can also shoot and are willing passers that Chase will look a lot better at the 2. Martin is stinking it up. Might as well let Bud have some of those minutes while Lee is out.

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I'm not sure Bud has the requisite ball-handling skills to be a 2-guard. Martin and Lee are asked to be playmakers off the dribble from time to time (e.g. running pick and rolls). I don't see Budinger being effective in that way.

17. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

He's got a decent handle. Don't you remember him running the break a season back? He's definitely got an ok handle. Not worried about that unless he is defended by a small, quick pg.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I know Martin is stinking it up....but he's still valuable on back to back threes. Cbud can't fill that up

he's just not there yet at Martin's level when it comes down to filling it up.

19. houseofglass21

Bud didn't look pleased at all on the bench when that happened. He had that "Oh crap there goes my career" look on his face.

20. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

parsons... another morey second round steal.