1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's up with Harden?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Oct 27, 2019.

?

What is up with Harden's bad body language?

1. Referees not giving him his usual FTs and calling him for offensive fouls

62 vote(s)
    36.3%
  2. Shooting slump

71 vote(s)
    41.5%
  3. Feeling like he's owed free throws

24 vote(s)
    14.0%
  4. Adjusting to new defensive schemes

10 vote(s)
    5.8%
  5. Adjusting to new offense / faster pace

27 vote(s)
    15.8%
  6. It's always been there, just magnified due to bad shooting

34 vote(s)
    19.9%
  7. Not ready for the start of the season mentally

17 vote(s)
    9.9%
  8. Thought he or the team could coast through first few weeks

11 vote(s)
    6.4%
  9. What bad body language, he's still putting in work (sarcastic)

7 vote(s)
    4.1%
  10. No seriously, he's fine.

43 vote(s)
    25.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Non Rockets fans should not be on this board
    their account should be
    terminated
    @Os Trigonum

Reeko and Blurr#7 like this.
  2. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

A agree with a lot of your sentiment on Beard not settling for 3s but I also believe that his high volume 3 shooting is analytics that it is necessary to preserve energy for his minutes and avoid TOs. When that is added to the 2pt% vs 3% it adds more weight. I would like to see more set plays with the 2-man game and kick out to break down defenses.

3. tinman

Supporting Member

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

delete this dumbass thread...OP was having a great time when Harden was struggling, and now he’s been made to look like a fool to the surprise of no one

What’s up with Harden? Nah, what’s up with these stupid threads on CF. Delete this from CF servers effective immediately...

jordnnnn, D-rock, vlaurelio and 2 others like this.
  5. Caprah

Caprah Member

Harden is a badass mutha that’s what’s up!

6. Caprah

Caprah Member

That’s what Lin fans do here they crawl out of the woodwork to gloat during a bad streak
    By harden

vlaurelio, tinman and Reeko like this.
  7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

and he's not just settling for threes he's averaging a career high of 23 drives a game

Blurr#7, Patience and D-rock like this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the only thing that's getting worse as it ages is this post :D

D-rock likes this.
  9. alethios

alethios Member

It's kinda stinky and rotten, like that week-old half-eaten sandwich you find under your car seat that you forgot about.

D-rock and Os Trigonum like this.
  10. tinman

Supporting Member

Bump
    Again

b****

D-rock and Reeko like this.
  11. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

He got his points very efficiently tonight. D'antoni has to figure out how to put the rest of the team in position to capitalize off of the double teams. Morey and Fertita need to go get Harden some shooters.

12. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

lose 1st seed and MVP. no chances to get champion

13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

he doin everything he can to carry this owner, gm, coach, and team

Hakeemtheking and D-rock like this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden is so great that this Clippers team with all these perimeter defenders that everyone hypes up as being some of the best in the league had to resort to double teaming him the entire game

at some points, they even had Kawhi and PG doubling him

Harden is so great that Doc did not trust Bev, Kawhi, and PG to handle Harden in a straight 1 on 1 matchup

despite the doubling on every possession, he still finished with an efficient 37 and 12...my man had 37 points on 16 shots, and his defense was very solid to go along with everything he did offensively

after his bad shooting start to the season, he is now at 43% from the field, and 35% from 3...his TS% is currently the highest it’s been since he’s been in Houston

that 4 point play was the shot of the year without question...simply amazing

What’s up with Harden? What’s up with this trash thread?

D-rock, Blurr#7, ElPigto and 2 others like this.
  15. Caprah

Caprah Member

Has there been a player in league history that was doubled in a entire game every time he touched the ball at half court and not just by anyone but by Beverley, Leonard and George arguably 3 of the top 10 perimeter defenders in the nba and still torched them for 37-12-8 on insane efficiency? I thought harden peaked last season but he has become even better this season if that were possible

16. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

preach bro

BamBam, D-rock and Reeko like this.
  17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

You really get to filter the trashy posters when they start talking trash about the best player on our team. There is absolutely no appreciation at all for the era of Rockets basketball they are witnessing. Harden is going to be a once in a generation talent, yet we have posters always ready to trade his ass at a moments notice.

I personally am just here to ride out this era of basketball. Whether we ever win a championship is not going to be Harden's fault. He has carried this team year in and year out with injuries to our team, Gleague talent, playing 40+ minutes a game, never even considering load management, etc etc. It's truly spectacular.

There is nothing wrong with criticizing Harden and calling him out for his mistakes. The dude is not perfect, but man this team would not even be in the conversation to be a contender if it wasn't for Harden. It's been like that since 2015 (count out the 41 win season as an outlier). I am enjoying the ride.

I'll ride and die with Harden.

Hakeemtheking, D-rock, Caprah and 2 others like this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

we are truly witnessing greatness

Harden is a top 20 player of all time...his jersey will get retired, and with just 1 ring, he could get a statue as well

he does so much for this team as well as the community, yet people want to hate...it’s so pathetic

Hakeemtheking, D-rock and ElPigto like this.
  19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

He better get a statue. A ring is a dream, but I believe that we can win it. I don't need him to win a ring for me to appreciate his greatness, but unfortunately the rest of the world does. I can only hope he wins that ring and he is immortalized with all the other greats.

Hakeemtheking, D-rock and Reeko like this.
  20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Harden has reached the status where I will be rooting for him to win a ring even if he was not playing for the Rockets (Sadly this might end up being the case because of the owner we have).

Why he has reached that status:

1) He is insanely good. His ball handling skills, the silky smooth step back or side step to create space, and then to nail a 35+ footer like it is a free-throw is just unreal. The man produces insane stats-line night after night and he does without it coming at the team's success expense.

2) I have never seen a player as good as he is get slandered as much as he gets slandered only to have him brush it all away.

The man works hard on his game every year and produces, and if he didnt have to face super teams year after year, he would have had a couple of rings already.

Hakeemtheking, D-rock and ElPigto like this.