1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets lone draft pick #34 2013 NBA draft

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Progs, Apr 14, 2013.

1. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

He probably wouldn't be. But i wouldn't do that trade for the Rockets, they are a young playoff team and they should move forward not blow it up for prospects.
    And I wouldn't do it for the Bobcats, unless the Rockets add a number of picks / other assets. The Bobcats need to tank no matter who they get, Parsons doesn't put them over the top and a rookie doesn't put them over the top. They need to be patient for another year.

Personally, i like Porter/Oladipo as much or more than Parsons. I don't see how they fail. I'm not sure about Noel/Len, they are less ready. I'm also not sure about Bennett. I've seen him compared to Larry Johnson by multiple people, and I can definitely see that. But he's also pretty soft at times and I can see a lot of Brandon Bass too. McLemore should at the very least be a very good shooter with solid defense, a starter; at best, he might be perennial All Star. I think he's got pretty high floor. But Porter/Oladipo look the safest picks to me; if I'm making a decision for Charlotte, I'm definitely not trading a chance to get them for Parsons. It would just hurt the tanking plan.

2. Rocket Booster

In case anyone is interested, this is Eurohoops.net's (one of the biggest international basketball sites in the world) list of the 18 best available free agents from the European market.

http://www.eurohoops.net/2013/06/dribbling/28850

1. Vassilis Spanoulis

The MVP of the last Euroleague Final Four is the hottest name in the market and every big team in Europe is already making a run to get him, unofficially at this point. After getting 2.4 million euros net per season from Olympiacos, his rumored asking price is 3 million net per season. Only CSKA Moscow seems able to pay this kind of money, so expect a quite long serial.

2. Stephan Lasme

He was considered a lock to remain in Panathinaikos, until CSKA Moscow and 2.5 million euros net for two seasons entered the picture. The Greens announced that they are ending the negotiations with him, without a result. Still, he hasn’t signed yet with the Russians, so he is a free agent.

3. Kyle Hines

One more Euroleague champion who is a free agent, and he is asking for a big time raise. He was paid 375.000 US dollars net in Olympiacos, and he has already a two million dollars net for two seasons offer by the Reds on the table. Still, it’s rumored that CSKA is offering him more.

4. Bobby Brown

If you can’t get Spanoulis, he is probably the best alternative. The cornerstone of this year’s Siena can get at least a million euros net contract, and certainly there is a market for him in Spain, Russia, and Turkey, with Unics Kazan already demonstrating their interest.

5. Ioannis Bourousis

Despite a bad EA7 Milano season, Bourousis is still a more than capable center, as his Euroleague stats prove. He already has two offers on the table from Real Madrid and Galatasaray, and also Barcelona seems to be interested in him.

6. Zoran Planinic

He had one of his best seasons as the leader of Khimki, which can’t keep him due to financial reasons. Many rumors surround his destination at this point. However, as we have reported, CSKA Moscow is also closely monitoring his case (and that may also mean that Teodosic is at the exit door, but that’s another story).

7. Acie Law

The overlooked hero of Olympiacos is also a free agent, and at this point it’s more than possible that he will not stay in Greece. Spanoulis overshadowed him, but he was a leader, and the best player of Olympiacos in the first half of the Euroleague Final.

8. Gani Lawal

He was the player that stole the show in the Italian Finals, and Roma simply doesn’t have the money to keep him. He is considered the best alternative to the Hines and Lasme duo, so don’t be surprised if you see him ending up in Greece. Note that at this point, his salary is more than affordable for elite Euroleague teams.

9. Travis Diener

He has an Italian passport, and he is the best shooter available on the market. His name at this point is not mentioned a lot on the market, but after his season in Sassari, everyone took notes and expects the former teammate of Dwyane Wade to take the step to the next level.

10. Dimitris Diamantidis

He should have been at least number 2 in the list, only behind Spanoulis. The reason that he has been pushed down to number 10 is not his numbers this season, but the fact that he is virtually out of the market and will probably remain in Panathinaikos, no matter what.

Honorable mentions: Bostjan Nachbar, Devin Smith (close to remaining in Maccabi Tel Aviv), Antonis Fotsis (close to returning to Panathinaikos), Mirza Begic, Joe Ingles, Jonas Maciulis, Sasha Vujacic, Gal Mekel

3. alethios

alethios Member

What, no David Lighty? He tore it up in the French playoffs for Nanterre. His playoff stats were great. He's definitely worth a look in RGV.

http://buckeyextra.dispatch.com/con...08-13-lighty-mvp-of-french-proa-playoffs.html

4. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Would you guys move Asik for Trey Burke and a rotation big (assuming Lin gets dealt in a separate package)

5. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

No. Asik is very good and I don't see Burke ever being that good. If the Rockets get Howard, 48 minutes of rim protection will be very nice considering Harden has mastered the matador defense from the school of Kenny Smith.

6. Sen89

Sen89 Member

I would. I think Burke has big time ability from the 1 spot. But honestly, McCollum is probably the best fit next to Harden.

7. Muaz

Muaz Member

Interesting my euro basketball knowledge is mediocre at best but in my opinion bourousis is quality nba rotation player I think a couple of seasons back popppvich was enabled with him and even made vlade divac comparisons.
    he is massive at 7 feet 260 lbs and a good rebounder unlike many shooting euro bigs. I think he'd be a quality back up for somebody in the nba.

8. Rocket Booster

Yes, but French League is one of the worst leagues in Europe, and when he played in Euroleague he got cut after being a scrub.

So, until he actually made a Euroleague roster and stayed on it, he would not be considered. Of course, they listed another scrub that could not make Euroleague rosters in Mekel under honorable mentions, which is of course also a joke.

9. Rocket Booster

I think he's better than Pekovic.

[youtube]KwtzwIyg6PE[/youtube]

[youtube]3JQeVXgEyp8[/youtube]

I'm not sure if he has any interest in the NBA though. The Spurs offered him $12 million and he turned it down. He has said a lot that he loves the lifestyle in the Mediterranean places like Italy and Spain to much to choose the NBA over that.

And that's how lots and lots of players in Europe also feel.

10. Pragmatician

Pragmatician Member

Nobody's mentioned CJ Leslie as an option. What do you see in his NBA future?

11. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

lmao at the clip title. Bourousis, the new Sabonis. And in the description, the guy even clarifies "pre-injury Sabonis". hahaha

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I am liking Archie Goodwin at 34 for his perimeter defense alone.

13. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Backup 4. I see a Marcus Morris type of guy. I see that as good value in the second round.

14. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Yep, I think he'd be a nice pick at 34. He could be good in a few years, if he learns how to shoot. A team like the Rockets, with a good D-League team, could afford to just stash him for a couple years.

I can definitely see him as a Rockets pick at 34, depending who's there.

15. basketballholic

I've mentioned him. I really like him a lot and would be very happy if we got him in the second round. I think he's a fit. Very aggressive getting to the rim. Can shoot it a little bit. Not a great shooter at this point but he's improved and he's got decent form and he's got all the necessary components to drastically improve his shot. If his shot was better he'd be in the lottery. Has nice size to play the combo 3-4. Great speed, quickness, athleticism and lots of desire to improve. Mature kid. Good handle, can go coast to coast. Honestly, he reminds me of another Chandler Parsons. Would love to have this kid. I think he's a big time sleeper.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7EJ-J1wDkDA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is a great vid of CJ making plays. Turn the stupid rap lyrics down and just watch the plays. Lots of good stuff including going against Hardaway, Jr. and Michigan.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HcJU8FTOUks" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  16. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

he meant if we get a top 15 pick for robinson.

what do you think of abrines?

17. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Abrines is the next Kyle Korver. He also reminds me of Rudy Fernandez

18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

interesting ...seems like he's got a promise

Adrian Wojnarowski: After two workouts, N.C. State forward CJ Leslie shut it down w/ teams. He's expected to be selected in 30's. One of draft's top athletes. Twitter @WojYahooNBA

19. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Leslie embodies the word inconsistent. He can look like a scrub for several games in a row, but when he is playing well, he looks like a top 5 talent.

Highly touted prospect who never really accomplished much in college.

20. Rocket Booster

He's nothing at all like either one of them.