1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets are improving, but they have certain players that only hold the team back

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JBIIRockets, Dec 1, 2002.

1. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Can someone tell me why Terence Morris is getting crucial minutes in the second quarter against a team like the Kings. I mean, he has no clue on the court, how hard is that to see. Can't make a shot, trying to dribble and fumbling the ball away...geez.

You know, the Rockets have a bright future, but they still have players on the team now that are only holding the Rockets back, and Morris is one of those players. Kenny Thomas is another. I guarantee that if the Rockets develop into a championship contender, the likes of KT and Morris will not be around. Also, I think Moochie currently is a player that only holds the Rockets back, but if he realizes that dribbling for 5 striaght seconds is not the answer, he can be a good role player on a good team. Moochie is not a good "ball-movement player", too much dribbling that hurts the flow of the offense

Reminds me of the Kings a little, they saw that they could not get deep into the playoffs, they were smart enough to get rid of Jason williams and nick anderson, replaced them with better players like Christie and Jackson and Bibby, and now they are a championship contender

The Lakers got rid of Playoff chokers, Eddie Jones and elden cambell, and they started winning titles

Heck, the 93 Rockets got rid of Winston Garland and Sleepy Floyd, and that only helped them.

Now these Rockets are in the same position, except that they need to get rid of these players just to make the playoffs.

KT, Moochie, T-Mo, thanks for your contributions to the Rockets, but you 3 are not players that will ever thrive on a championship caliber team.

As I type this, the Kings are running away from the Rockets again in the 3rd, and it's because of KT getting way more minutes than he should and taking way more jumpers than he should, and because T-mo played in the 2nd quarter, and because moochie was playing no defense against Jackson in the 3rd, turning the ball over and missing jumpshots......oh well.

#1 JBIIRockets, Dec 1, 2002
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2002
  2. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

KENNY THOMAS.

Griffen shouldn't be starting. MO T needs to start.

3. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Kenny Thomas pisses me off.. he is not playing team ball....

I like his hustle and rebounds but.. he is hurting us on the shot selections. I don't like his style of play.

4. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

I can't watch this team anymore!!!!!

Forget it! I had hope but what is Rudy doing!??

Why are Moochie and Steve on the court together?

Why are Moochie and KT on the court together?

Why not just trade Steve and Yao away and give us deep discounts on tickets so at least then I don't have to pay so much to watch Moochie and KT play 1 against 5?

I've had it. As long as Rudy keeps KT and Moochie on the court when they are not passing to anyone else on the team then I'm not watching anymore.

When Rudy figures out the identity of this team then the players will know their roles and probably be quite happy in those roles and start winning. Until then this team will flirt with brilliant mediocrity.

This is a very sad day for me. I've lost my faith in this team. :(

5. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

i hear you man...

6. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Do us all a favor, DON'T WATCH OR POST! HOP OFF THE BANDWAGON! Be advised we will not return to pick you up.

This is pitiful, at least the ROX are hanging in there until the end.

7. javilo

javilo Member

Will somebody please Call YAO MING and tell Him to shoot the ball, He is our best shooter and damn near best passer, We need him to shoot the ball more than just 3 or 4 times a game. And Bench KT.

8. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

javiullo:- If you want that, then they MUST run PLAYS for him. I think Yao Ming is getting mixed messages from Rudy T and Francis, just like the first few games he has no idea what to do!!In his China message he stated that he thaught that the Centers job was not to try and score! Where did he get that one from????

9. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Part of being a good shooter is knowing when to shoot the ball. Yao hasn't been taking bad or forcing shots. That's a good thing. The problem is that the team doesn't consistently run the offense through him. He needs more touches, but it is nearly impossible to pass to him when the opposition opts to double and triple team him off ball and dare the rest of the Rockets to hit a wide open shot. Rudy needs to get the shooters (Boki) on the floor and cover their weaker D with the Zone (and Yao).

10. gotoloveit2

gotoloveit2 Contributing Member

Yao is a smart kid. It's more likely a diplomatic answer. What would you expect him to say to a reporter. Pass me the DAMN BALL. Well, I wish he could have said that.

11. zzhiggins

zzhiggins Member

word......!!!

12. gotoloveit2

Tell me why the Lakers has no problem in passing the rock to Shaq. I am sure he got double teamed most of the time. Please stop making excuses for our guards.

13. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

First off-I was never on the bandwagon. I've been a fan my whole life. I've spent countless hours and thousands of dollars supporting this team whether I was living in Chicago, Santa Fe, or New York. I have never posted a critical remark of this team. I've complained about Cat's dribbling in the past (like a year ago) but otherwise my love for this team has been unshaken.

Until tonight.

And the Rox didn't hang in there until the end. Bostjan and Tito got some minutes to try and show their growth, but Rudy gave up on the game with over 6 minutes left.

I am really gonna try to take you up on your invtation not to watch or post. I'm actually gonna try to "get a life" vs. wasting my time watching KT, Eddie, and Moochie launch 3's.

And I will watch again, I'll always be a fan, but I'm not gonna watch until I start seeing some assists in the stat lines.

Another Brother-Enjoy driving your little bandwagon around. More for you.

14. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

I will BWH, because I'm a real fan. Win or lose.

15. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

1) the Lakers set up quicky before the D can set

2) the run back picks freeing O'neal for the post up

3) the cutters that slash around O'Neal pull defenders away from the big guy

4) they run dummy plays on the strong side while O'neal sets up on the weak side so when they reverse the ball, Shaq is in position

And most importantly

5) more often than not, the Lakers can hit wide open shots

16. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Kenny has just been frustrating the hell out of me lately and Eddie seems to have really lost his confidence. Mo can't shoot straight and Moochie is, well, Moochie.

Personally, I'd like to lobby for more time for Boki. The guy cannot be any worse than Morris and with Rice out with this back problem, it would be nice to have some shooters on the floor.

17. gotoloveit2

Forget about the last point. Why couldnt we even do the first 4 then?

18. Rockets711

Rockets711 Member

I agree big time with the first few posts they told the truth on the deal with this team.

We need to trade these people:
    Kenny Thomas-don't know how to pass and can't post up,trys to hard to score.
    Moochie Norris-can't play defense for nothin and can't really slash to the bucket that well,he dribbles to much and can't shake defenders in last second situations,He is not even shooting well right now.
    Griffin-I really don't think they should trade him right away cuz of his defense and 3's but he is to slow to play SF and to small to play PF,people will either run circles around him at SF or power over him at PF,so either way he don't seem to fit in. I don't think he will ever develop foot speed and you need that at PF and SF.
    Glen Rice-to slow to guard faster SF,not fast enuff to slash to the bucket,we need to trade for someone who can keep up with the faster SF and be able to slash to the bucket and shoot open jumpers not neccesarily 3's.
    Rudy T-Man I don't think this guy can coach when it comes to a complex team cuz back when he had Hakeem it was just pass it to Hakeem and he won the championships for us,we could of had a highschool coach coach that team and we would of won it all.

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Problem is, Rudy will continue to say "I don't even know what I have," and on this board we'll continue to say to keep this team together. But only Steve and Yao are our untouchables.

Cuttino. I like him, and he can fill it up, but adding him with Steve makes the rest of the team disappear.

KT. Playing for a contract. Holds the ball too much.

EG. As someone stated, has completely lost his confidence. Might not mesh well with Yao.

Mo. Used to starting. Actually, he should start. He always played well early for us, and he plays well with Yao.

20. RocDreamer

RocDreamer Contributing Member

Jeff, I agree 100%. Moochie, KT, and Eddie are playing horrible right now. MoT does not have his shot falling. I cant understand why Rudy will not at least give BOki a chance. We certainly cannot get any worse by giving him some minutes.