1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Ghostbusters 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jan 16, 2019.

1. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Jason Reitman To Direct “Ghostbusters 3”

Jason Reitman, whose father Ivan directed the first two original “Ghostbusters” films, will reportedly direct the next installment in the franchise at Sony Pictures.

Variety helped break the news, saying Reitman has co-written a screenplay with Gil Kenan and plans to shoot the film this summer ahead of a Summer 2020 release. It also indicates the film will be a continuation of the 1984 original and its 1989 sequel and will not be connected to the 2016 reboot.

EW had even more including quotes from Jason Reitman who says: “I’ve always thought of myself as the first Ghostbusters fan, when I was a 6-year-old visiting the set. I wanted to make a movie for all the other fans. This is the next chapter in the original franchise. It is not a reboot. What happened in the ‘80s happened in the ‘80s, and this is set in the present day.”

It’s not clear at present if or how many of the original cast members will be back as further story details are under wraps. Reitman says there’s a: “lot of wonderful surprises and new characters for the audience to meet” and so further details will be dolled out over coming months.

Ivan Reitman’s Montecito Pictures will produce with Ivan reportedly seeing this as a passing of the torch. This would also be the younger Reitman’s first major tentpole film. Sony is also developing an animated “Ghostbusters” film, but that will come out after this with a different team involved in creating it.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/jason-reitman-to-direct-ghostbusters-3/

2. SuraGotMadHops

I actually dreamed an entire Ghostbusters 3 in my sleep a couple years ago. Egon has died since Ghostbusters 2 - but he's not really dead, he is trapped in another dimension. He has been able to contact the current younger crew of Ghostbusters with an explanation on how to bring him back. The younger Ghostbusters need Peter and Ray's help, Ray is on board (he's a professor now) but Peter went crazy and hasn't gotten out of bed (a la Brian Wilson) for the last 30 years. There's a hearing to get some federal funding for new equipment to get this new project rolling, but Peter refuses to provide much needed testimony unless he gets to stay in bed. There is a scene where Peter is wheeled into court on a hospital bed to give live testimony.

3. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

The 2016 movie wasn't nearly as bad as people made it out to be. It had its weird moments but for the most part I enjoyed it. With that said, I can't wait for this movie.

4. conquistador#11

Pumped!

I'd watch your dream. who would be the villain?
    I always liked the boogieman from the cartoons.

SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  5. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Samuel L. Jackson playing Slimer...right!!?!

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We need to bring back Bobby Brown

jo mama and Bandwagoner like this.
  7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I hope it's about parallel dimensions and collapsing the fem version into non-existence.

#tootoxic

conquistador#11 likes this.
  8. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I agree, I thought it was pretty decent, but did fall apart for me at the end. The final battle screamed fake and soundstage to me. But the characters had great chemistry.

I'm happy this is a true sequel though. Hopefully the original cast contributes with their original roles too.

9. Buck Turgidson

Who? It's all about Ray Parker Jr.

HillBoy likes this.
  10. tinman

Supporting Member

11. Buck Turgidson

Who? It's all about Ray Parker Jr.

Blake likes this.
  12. tinman

Supporting Member

that song is weak, "On Our Own" is the best Ghostbusters song ever

13. Buck Turgidson

Sorry bro, Ray Parker Jr + Kenny Loggins + Sheena Easton = PURE 80's

14. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Loved his headband and his energy on the bench.

SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  15. tinman

Supporting Member

New edition
    Bobby brown
    Michael Jackson
    Whitney Houston

16. Buck Turgidson

PURE Junior High

17. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Is he going to “borrow” more Huey Lewis?

tinman, SuraGotMadHops and DFWRocket like this.
  18. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

this post is too hot to handle, yet too cold to hold.

HillBoy, MadMax, tinman and 1 other person like this.
  19. tinman

Supporting Member

Just pure

20. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Ernie Hudson Clarifies Recent ‘Ghostbusters’ Comments: “Nobody Has Approached Me”
    [​IMG]
    Over the weekend, a rumor spread that Ernie Hudson had confirmed he and the surviving members of the original Ghostbusters team would be back in Jason Reitman’s Ghostbusters, but the reality is that Hudson never actually said that. Hudson had expressed interest in playing Winston Zeddemore one more time, but that was far from any kind of confirmation.

In a chat today with The Johnny Dare Morning Show (via Ghostbusters News), Winston just clarified his comments, noting that he hasn’t yet received a call from Reitman.

“I don’t know. Nobody has approached me with a contract,” Hudson told the show.

Hudson continued, “I think the Ghostbusters fans have been wanting [a “passing of the torch”] dynamic to happen, so I know whatever happens is going to be in that tradition… I’m excited about that. I’d be more excited if they called me and offered me a job, but no matter what happens the fact that they’re doing it is really cool.”

It seems Reitman’s film, a sequel to the original two Ghostbusters movies, will indeed be something of a “passing of the torch” affair, so we do expect the original stars to return.

Ghostbusters returns to the big screen in Summer 2020.

TimDuncanDonaut and GRENDEL like this.