1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Amazon Coronavirus Shenanigans

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CometsWin, Mar 26, 2020.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

So a few days ago I was online looking for a shooting headset, one of those electronic ones that lets you hear someone speaking but blocks out the loud noises. I had several that were ruined during Harvey and I've just never replaced them until now. So I usually buy the Peltor brand but there is the Caldwell brand as well and when I looked at the Caldwell page they had an image saying you'd receive 50 free M3 N95 masks. So I ended up buying a Peltor and a Caldwell, figured why not. Naturally when the shipment comes, no masks. After about twenty minutes of trying to get a live person, I finally get someone and of course I get the run around with her saying they don't see the image I'm talking about. Of course me being a proper paranoid skeptic, I saved a screen shot of the image when I bought the headset. Bottom line, she couldn't explain it and offered me a refund. When I saw that continuing to press her wasn't going to get me anywhere I just accepted the refund.

Basically there are some assholes in the Amazon IT department screwing with people during a pandemic. Very trashy behavior.

Respirators Amazon Copy.png

2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Good for you on taking a screenshot beforehand.

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

It looks like the image is from a third party seller

4. CometsWin

I suspected that when I first saw the ad but it's not. I think they just have some jerks in IT putting these images up and then seeing how fast the items sell then getting a laugh out of it.

Respirators Copy2.png

5. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Please post the URL to the item on Amazon.

6. CometsWin

I put a space in the link so the [MEDIA] code doesn't change it. When I post the link without the space it won't show up.

https:// www.amazon.com/Caldwell-Electronic-Protection-Amplification-Adjustable/dp/B00BD57O8W/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=caldwell+e-max+behind&qid=1585262641&sr=8-1

This is the product description.

Caldwell E-Max Low Profile Electronic 20-23 NRR Hearing Protection with Sound Amplification and Adjustable Earmuffs for Shooting, Hunting and Range

#6 CometsWin, Mar 26, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  7. Mango

I had already found that version of the product at the $25.06 price point. I would like to see the version for the $29.49 price point that is in the screenshot in your OP.

8. CometsWin

It's the same page, they must have changed the price. They certainly changed the pictures.

9. Buck Turgidson

Unless you're sick, you don't need those masks. Let the hospitals have them.

Eric Riley, Blake and Jontro like this.
  10. Jontro

Jontro Member

we wanted to buy some a few days ago when they had stock, but the local news here said hospitals were in short supply of masks, so we bought the cloth kind that you can wash and reuse instead. but can't say 99% of the online hoarders did the same, so not much we can do there... :confused:

11. Buck Turgidson

Nah, it's all ok. Do what you feel that you need to do.

These are strange times we live in.

Jontro likes this.
  12. Mango

Home Depot is out of stock on various versions of the 3M N95 masks.

https://www.homedepot.com/b/Safety-Equipment-Respirator-Masks/N95/N-5yc1vZc25kZ1z195hh

Prices vary for the specific types of masks, but ten packs for over $22 are fairly common on that web page which works out to over $2 for each mask.

Referring back to the picture in the OP, it would have been $29.49 for the hearing protection with fifty of the N95 masks worth over $100 thrown in for free.

13. Buck Turgidson

I've got 2 unused N95s that I found in my painting stuff....how much do you want for them?

14. Mango

My sister gave me a mask that is better than the the low end disposable masks that look like a napkin, but not as good as the N95 masks. Other than when spending a bit of time shopping, I have no need for a mask.

How far are you from Killeen - Ft Hood? If things go really wrong in that area, you will probably have a friend or two looking for a mask.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  15. Buck Turgidson

Marble Falls to Johnson City to Llano to San Saba to Fredricksburg to Kendalia to.....

**** Killeen, Waco and all that entire area.

16. Mango

I tinkered around with some online maps and you are roughly the same distance from Killeen as Schulenburg is from Stratford High School. Not really that close.

17. Buck Turgidson

On I-10 at 77, best thing in Schulenburg is the:

http://www.oakridge-smokehouse.com/

Oh and btw, I'm essential, so they say. I go from ranch to ranch to ranch and keep the beefs happy.

18. hooroo

hooroo Member

The image appears again for the third party seller "Adorama"

19. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I dont see why hes the *******? He was looking for some ear protection and ran across a listing of ear protection that had an advertisement including free masks, who the hell wouldnt jump on that offer? If someone offered me a brick of gold with the same detergent I was going to buy anyway, why the **** would I turn that down? The only ******* I see is the seller falsely advertising in a climate like this.

CometsWin likes this.
  20. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Hahaha...’Jerks in IT’.

That’s hilarious. Anyone internal at Amazon can upload a picture to a listing. They don’t have to put in a help desk ticket.

:D:D:p

CometsWin likes this.