1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ElDobleK
Last Activity:
Nov 13, 2023 at 9:44 AM
eLearning Developer

ElDobleK

Literally Zan Tabak, from IN

ElDobleK was last seen:
Nov 13, 2023
    1. jbasket
      jbasket
      Big man, are you still living in nyc?
    2. jbasket
      jbasket
      yo, you down for game 3?
  • About

eLearning Developer
    A Short Story About my Rockets Fandom

On Saturday, April 4, 1992, my dad took me to The Summit to watch the Rockets play against the Orlando Magic, for my birthday. The Rockets won 110-101, with The Dream putting up 22/11 and 8 blocks. I was six years old, and it was my earliest memory of watching the Rockets play. Not long after that, my family left Houston.

When I was old enough to afford tickets, I started going to games whenever they came to my city (which changed quite a few times over the years). From 2007 to 2017, I saw the Rockets play about a dozen and a half times --- at Indiana, San Antonio, NY, Brooklyn, Phila, Miami, Atlanta -- and NOT ONCE did they win. The one time I got to see them play at Toyota Center, when I was in town for my grandmother's funeral, they lost. For those counting, that's 25 years without watching the Rockets win live.

On Friday, January 6, 2017, my wife took me to the Amway Center to watch the Rockets play against the Orlando Magic, for Christmas. The Rockets won 100-93, with five guys in double digits and Ryan Anderson leading the way with 19. It was the happiest and most relieved I've been for the Rockets to win a game since Game 7 of the 1994 Finals.

Signature

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.
  • About ClutchFans

Since 1996, ClutchFans has been loud and proud covering the Houston Rockets, helping set an industry standard for team fan sites. The forums have been a home for Houston sports fans as well as basketball fanatics around the globe.

• Support ClutchFans!

If you find that ClutchFans is a valuable resource for you, please consider becoming a Supporting Member. Supporting Members can upload photos and attachments directly to their posts, customize their user title and more. Gold Supporters see zero ads!

Upgrade Now