1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JoeBarelyCares's Recent Activity

1. JoeBarelyCares replied to the thread A Thoughtful Defense of NOT Expanding the trade.

Tilman saved a lot on car insurance with that pick, not a waste.

Jul 18, 2019 at 4:58 PM
  2. JoeBarelyCares replied to the thread A Thoughtful Defense of NOT Expanding the trade.

If we sign Shump to a $13.2 million non-guaranteed deal, but can't trade him by the deadline, can we cut him and not have his salary...

Jul 18, 2019 at 3:50 PM
  3. JoeBarelyCares liked ghettocheeze's post in the thread A Thoughtful Defense of NOT Expanding the trade.

This is very simple for me. Tilman is going to dodge the luxury tax again. Morey left to his own devices would have absolutely gotten...

Jul 18, 2019 at 3:48 PM
  4. JoeBarelyCares liked justtxyank's post in the thread A Thoughtful Defense of NOT Expanding the trade.

@finsraider I appreciate the effort and I understand the logic. The biggest issue with not expanding the trade is NOT that you didn't...

Jul 18, 2019 at 2:58 PM
  5. JoeBarelyCares liked blahblehblah's post in the thread A Thoughtful Defense of NOT Expanding the trade.

Nice analysis, though I disagree with a couple minor points. 1. Why view it as a question of House vs Crowder, Iggy etc... when part...

Jul 18, 2019 at 2:57 PM
  6. JoeBarelyCares liked Carl Herrera's post in the thread A Thoughtful Defense of NOT Expanding the trade.

[MEDIA]

Jul 18, 2019 at 2:48 PM
  7. JoeBarelyCares liked finsraider's post in the thread A Thoughtful Defense of NOT Expanding the trade.

While I am miffed that no additional players were included in the Westbrook deal, after spending time looking at what options may have...

Jul 18, 2019 at 2:48 PM
  8. JoeBarelyCares liked Corrosion's post in the thread The inevitable Feigen fluff article.

If the luxury tax is the barrier its been made out to be …. ugh. They are about 200k under the tax as of now....

Jul 18, 2019 at 2:44 PM
  9. JoeBarelyCares liked D-rock's post in the thread The inevitable Feigen fluff article.

Ch44 is an insider and said 3rd and/or 4th team was in mix and that Rockets priority acquisition target in expanding trade was Covington.

Jul 18, 2019 at 2:43 PM
  10. JoeBarelyCares liked Nook's post in the thread Westbrook Trade Not Expanded, Tilman Still Cheap.

July 17: The Rockets are miraculously $1,000,000 below the tax line with almost no one worth signing left and with most of the MLE just...

Jul 17, 2019 at 5:31 PM
  11. JoeBarelyCares liked thekad's post in the thread Westbrook Trade Not Expanded, Tilman Still Cheap.

I opposed the move on principle; using an asset to shed a rotation player on a contending team in Harden’s peak season in order to save...

Jul 17, 2019 at 5:31 PM
  12. JoeBarelyCares liked justtxyank's post in the thread Westbrook Trade Not Expanded, Tilman Still Cheap.

We dumped Ennis for no other reason than to duck the tax. We then didn't bother to let House be on the roster because we were in a...

Jul 17, 2019 at 5:30 PM
  13. JoeBarelyCares liked ch44's post in the thread Westbrook Trade Not Expanded, Tilman Still Cheap.

Bummed out that the trade didn't get expanded because we had a great chance to pick up some extra talent without giving up someone like...

Jul 17, 2019 at 5:28 PM
  14. JoeBarelyCares liked justtxyank's post in the thread The inevitable Feigen fluff article.

You can't get a difference maker without salaries to aggregate. The Rockets are building a feedback loop here. Not worth it to spend...

Jul 17, 2019 at 2:51 PM
  15. JoeBarelyCares liked malakas's post in the thread The inevitable Feigen fluff article.

Im sick and tired of the Feigens of this league. Beat writers who only know how to write fluff pieces and be the spokeperson for the...

Jul 17, 2019 at 2:50 PM
  • About ClutchFans

Since 1996, ClutchFans has been loud and proud covering the Houston Rockets, helping set an industry standard for team fan sites. The forums have been a home for Houston sports fans as well as basketball fanatics around the globe.

• Support ClutchFans!

If you find that ClutchFans is a valuable resource for you, please consider becoming a Supporting Member. Supporting Members can upload photos and attachments directly to their posts, customize their user title and more. Gold Supporters see zero ads!

Upgrade Now