1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

dobro1229
Last Activity:
Mar 18, 2024 at 8:36 PM
Birthday:
Dec 29, 1982 (Age: 41)

dobro1229

Contributing Member, Male, 41, from Fort Worth

dobro1229 was last seen:
Mar 18, 2024 at 8:36 PM
    1. IBTL
      IBTL
      Solid posts good job man
      1. dobro1229 likes this.
    2. mdrowe00
      mdrowe00
      ...this is the way someone who is socially irresponsible rationalizes his or her political behavior...if everybody's doing the wrong thing, then I don't have to do the right thing (whatever that might be). The thing to do is call out the obvious lie and hypocrisy. You don't have to beat a liar over the head with the truth...s/he'll do that for you...but I get that it's a lot of fun regardless. --mdrowe00
      1. dobro1229 likes this.
    3. mdrowe00
      mdrowe00
      ...yep. Facts presented outside of the context within which they are gleaned are simply sophisticated lies. Or, as my less-polished but no-less-so perceptive Negro friends tend to say..."...first there's the okie, then there's the doke..." --mdrowe00
    4. mdrowe00
      mdrowe00
      ...what's going to be really funny is watching the Republicans flub the DACA negotiations again by catering to white supremacists...and then they'll try again to convince people that somehow it will be someone else's fault for polling so low with Hispanics...mdrowe00
    5. mdrowe00
      mdrowe00
      The classism in this country exists precisely because of the racism instituted to undergird it. Difficult, it seems, for white people to understand or accept this. You're not dealing with one without accepting that the other's existence depends on it. --mdrowe00
    6. mdrowe00
      mdrowe00
      ..exactly. Black people, for instance, don't always want to have to deal with nationalists, for example...but pretending they don't exist or talking about how small their numbers may be just serves, as we've seen, to embolden them. There's never a good or convenient time to stand up to things that are wrong...except at the moment they reveal themselves. --mdrowe00.
      1. dobro1229 likes this.
    7. mdrowe00
      mdrowe00
      ...as I've said myself here Idon'tknowhowmanytimes...one of the biggest problems with our national government is in the composition of our state governments. If things are going to get any better for our democracy, the state legislatures are the key. --mdrowe00
    8. daywalker02
      daywalker02
      Never suggested Capela waived. That is wrong again. I only said I did not understand why Morey went with a raw player when Dwight Howard clearly is aging and Harden is in his best years.
    9. daywalker02
      daywalker02
      Jeff A. is history. I got him out of my system.
    10. daywalker02
      daywalker02
      hey man, don't think we could have needed adrien off the bench? black is 2 yrs removed from being a beast
    11. studogg
      studogg
      agreed. Lack of good content has me debating things that are completely useless. At least we have Chico now.
    12. tarantula
      tarantula
      Hi, where r u from ?
  • About

Birthday:
    Dec 29, 1982 (Age: 41)