1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Batman Jones
Last Activity:
Mar 8, 2022 at 1:23 AM
Birthday:
Mar 29, 1969 (Age: 54)
Home Page:
Artistic Director, The Catastrophic Theatre

Batman Jones

Contributing Member, Male, 54, from Houston

Batman Jones was last seen:
Mar 8, 2022
    1. bushies
      bushies
      Hey Jason,

I mentioned that I was excited about seeing The Designated Mourner, but I didn't see your message about how it's likely to sell out. Well, I screwed the pooch.
      1. bushies
        bushies
        There's only one ticket left for Saturday night's performance, and I had planned on going with a friend since I saw your post (but just stupidly sat on my ass and didn't get a ticket til now).
        Jan 11, 2017
      2. bushies
        bushies
        Is there any way that I might be able to pay and squeeze one more in? I'm happy to take the worst seat in the house. So sorry to ask you for this, but I'd love to meet you and be able to see it.
        Jan 11, 2017
      3. bushies
        bushies
        If not, I totally understand, as this is a pretty unusual request.

Cheers,
        Austin
        Jan 11, 2017
    2. i3artow i3aller
    3. i3artow i3aller
      i3artow i3aller
      [IMG]

Winter is coming...

Prepare yourself for a December to remember!
      [IMG]

Happy holidays, Matches Malone. Be safe and thanks for keeping us safe out there!
    4. Batman Jones
      Batman Jones
      Thanks, man. I'm doing SO much better lately. We have a play on now if you'd like to come see. Very funny, very moving. Hope you're doing well. Thanks for writing.
    5. Roc Paint
      Roc Paint
      I just received your e-mail about your new building. Congratulations! We'll be looking forward to seeing some more of your fine work in the future. I hope all is well, and looking forward to seeing you on your feet.
    6. Batman Jones
      Batman Jones
      Thanks, buddy. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm sorry I wasn't able to get out. I've been in bed for days. I'm sure Asher will deliver the banner to me in good condition. Thanks again for that. Such a cool gift.
    7. Roc Paint
      Roc Paint
      The show was great. We had a really good time. Thanks for the invite...wish we could have met you up there. I left your banner with Asher so I hope you get it. Go Astros!
    8. Batman Jones
      Batman Jones
      Yes, totally. If I'm not there give it to the guy running the box office and tell him it's for me. His name is Asher. I'm so excited to get it. I'm moving in about a month and it will be great in my new place.
    9. Roc Paint
      Roc Paint
      Sounds tough, bro. I feel at a loss for words...such a heartless and selfish disease.

If I don't see you at the show, is there someone there I can give your championship banner to that will, in turn, pass it on to you? I can hang on to it until we meet also, just thought you might want to have it in your possession. =)

Bring on the good health, and go Rockets!
    10. Batman Jones
      Batman Jones
      Thanks, buddy. If I'm up to it, I'll be there. Each day is its own wild adventure with regard to my health lately. I never know what I'm in for the next day. My doctors have all told me to cease treatment until these tests I did today come back. I don't know if that's going to make me feel better or worse. Never get Lyme disease, my friend. I don't mean to be dismissive (at ALL) of people that have it (my niece just beat it and she's a teenager) but to be honest I'd rather have cancer. Even a late-stage one. At least then I'd know I was being treated according to tested protocols. There's no such thing with Lyme. We're still in the dark ages on how to reliably diagnose and treat it. If I don't see you at the play I hope you enjoy yourselves. This is a pretty weird one. The trick, if there is one, is not to try to figure it out. There's nothing to figure out. It's not a puzzle. Whatever it means to you, that's what it means.
    11. Roc Paint
      Roc Paint
      The reservations are under my wife's name, Tamie Carstens. There will be four of us attending the show and we are really looking forward to it. We will ask the front desk whether you are there or not throughout the show. I really hope to meet you, however don't get out of bed for my sake if you are too ill. Godspeed!
    12. Batman Jones
      Batman Jones
      There really is one though you're right that it's slight. If I'm feeling well enough though there's nowhere I'd rather be. I haven't seen the show since opening night and I really want to get there soon. What name are your reservations under? And will you ask the box office person when you arrive if I'm there. If I'm not at the beginning it would be worthwhile asking anyone that seems to work there if I'm there after the show. I might make it just in time for the show to start but would want you to help me find you after.
    13. Roc Paint
      Roc Paint
      So your saying there's a chance. :-)

Get well friend!
    14. Batman Jones
      Batman Jones
      I'm going to try to be there. I'm seeing a doctor in 90 minutes because I had a bad reaction to medication and might have pseudomembranous colitis. I might be at the play, I might be sick in bed, and I guess there's a small chance I might be in the hospital. If I can be there I will be.
    15. Roc Paint
      Roc Paint
      My wife and I will be there for the Saturday show. Hope to see you there.
    16. Batman Jones
      Batman Jones
      Thanks, buddy.
    17. Roc Paint
      Roc Paint
      You're health will turn around. Stay strong, and know the only way to go from here is up. I'll be praying for you to come around from this terrible disease, and for you to get back to doing what you love. All the time!
    18. Batman Jones
      Batman Jones
      Thank you, brother. Your good news makes me happy and that's a help so thanks. I'm taking a break between treatments now so I can get this show on its feet. I'm sick when I'm not in treatment but I'm really sick when I am. One more week of really hard work with little sleep and then we'll open and I turn my attention to a grant that's due two days later. Then another a week after that. And all the while I'm moving from my rental to a small condo I got a great friendly price on. It will be nice to own my home. I never have before. Since the last time I wrote Daryl joined our board of directors and became much more involved with the theatre and that is obviously a whole lot of fun. So it's not all bad news over here. I'm just really sick.
    19. Roc Paint
      Roc Paint
      I'm doing great! I've been in contact with my son these couple of months. It was a long 5 years between talks. He'll be 10 on October 19th, and I plan on going to see him next summer. I can't wait to put my arms around him. My wife and I just closed on our first house, and we move in at the end of October. I'm really saddened that you are still dealing with your health situation. Keep fighting the good fight, and get a hold of me if you need anything.
    20. Batman Jones
      Batman Jones
      Same old, same old. Fighting Lyme disease and trying to run a theatre at the same time. It's hard. Daryl and I are working on a fun project together and he joined our board of directors. That's pretty neat. I spend most of my time just being sick. Either working sick or lying in bed sick. It's the treatment that makes me reliably sick, like every day sick, and my current round ends Friday so I'm looking forward to that. I'll also get my labs back from 14 straight weeks of treatment and find out how effective that was and what my prognosis is going forward so Friday's a big day in the "how am I doing" category. How are you?
  • About

Birthday:
    Mar 29, 1969 (Age: 54)
    Home Page:
    http://catastrophictheatre.com/
    Artistic Director, The Catastrophic Theatre
    "A dying man can do nothing easy." - Ben Franklin

"I'm sorry for everything I've ever done and I hope to remedy it soon." - Bob Dylan

Signature

Go Rockets!