1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Roster Cuts

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Aug 31, 2015.

1. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Well he has been cut from I think 5 teams in a row now so I think when he was getting taken out of the game that last mistake might have cost him his last shot.

2. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

He made a couple really nice plays this preseason and has an NFL safety body.

3. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

By the way Aaron Wilson is an awesome reporter. Glad to have him here.

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Random, but are you still on Dogwood? I walked up to a guy a couple weeks ago and introduced myself hoping it was you.

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It's stunning to go from a guy who consistently says "I don't know" or "How would I know?" when he is asked for inside information on the radio to a guy like Aaron Wilson who has sources who leak him information.

6. Nimo

Nimo Member

sad. You could just tell from hard knocks that the coaching staff didn't like Brown. I think he had to wow them more than others would have.

7. bobmarley

I moved last November. I live in Kenya now.

8. justtxyank

If he could just consistently play the run they would have loved him.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Aaron Wilson is like an accurate version of Chris Broussard. It's always "sources" with him, but his "sources" are correct so it's not annoying.

10. justtxyank

So, General, does Charles James make the final 53?

*Grunt, Snort*

I have absolutely no idea, hrumph.

He was on the radio the other day basically whining about Hard Knocks because he was afraid they'd have stuff on the Mallet/OBrien situation that the team didn't let him report on. LOL He was thrilled when they didn't. The guys on the radio were like "Well it would have been nice for the fans to see what really happened" and McClain was just "I don't care, I don't want them getting anything I don't get."

LOL

11. bobmarley

I think that is the thing really. This team really struggled against the run last year and they will not move forward if they do not correct it. That big 4th down TD run in New Orleans that he didn't set the edge I think really toasted him.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed, they outright said on HK a few times that the guy who makes the team is the guy who can set the edge against the run, he simply couldn't cut it in that regard.

13. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

It looks like he consistently failed to set the edge. It's okay to be a one dimensional type of player, but not that one dimensional.

14. bobmarley

Maybe if Clowney was back to full health already but whoever our 4th OLB is has to play against run and pass.

15. Nimo

Nimo Member

Yeah but who did he lose his job to that does it more consistently?

16. justtxyank

Boom, they cut Nix.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Louis Nix released by Texans, according to sources. Former third-round draft pick from Notre Dame</p>&mdash; Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/639843021350039552">September 4, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Louis Nix released by Texans, according to sources. Former third-round draft pick from Notre Dame</p>&mdash; Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/639843021350039552">September 4, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Wow. I like cutting our losses but damn Nix was a huge disappointment. What a shame.

19. justtxyank

I knew they SHOULD cut him, but I doubted they had the nerve to actually do it.

Very impressed by the brass they have.

20. Nimo

Nimo Member

They also said no one was doing it well outside of Simon and Mercilus.