1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Nick Johnson Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htownfan_9210, Jul 19, 2015.

1. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

I'm really going to miss putting in Johnson to help put the balls in the hole :(

2. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

I like that Johnson went hard to the hole repeatedly. I heard, he does it so much, he'll throw up. I also heard he knows how to work the ball in a way that pleasures McHale greatly. His reach-around grab move he does to steal the ball always catches his man off-guard.

Maybe we should erect Johnson a statue in his honor or maybe we can do something smaller since Johnson really isn't that big. Can someone make T-Shirts that say "I love Johnson" on them?

3. AFS

AFS Member

Best moment as a Rocket:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xRRCC1vyNqU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

He posted this two hours before the announcement. I hope he evacuated to Katy safely

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Runnin thru da H wit my woe <a href="https://twitter.com/CapelaClint">@capelaclint</a> <a href="https://t.co/nrzOvMRMju">https://t.co/nrzOvMRMju</a></p>&mdash; Nick Johnson (@iRocket3) <a href="https://twitter.com/iRocket3/status/622900339906342912">July 19, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

talented young man. good luck. im sure hell turn out a great player.

6. da_juice

da_juice Member

Johnson might turn out to be a decent rotation player, but probably nothing more than that. He always seemed a little lost out there, but that might have been from being in the D-League for so long. For his sake, hopefully he can at least last in the league a few years.

7. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Lol best comment on there

"Damn H loves ya but I gotta unfollow you now homie. Stay up and dont get caught slipping with them Denver snow bunnies"

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Will be always remembered for his dunks in summer league especially his first one

9. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Dear nick,

I never appreciated you and I'm glad your ass got bounced to Denver

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I liked his defense and his game winner against the Wolves. Good luck in Denver.

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He favorited one of my replies to him last summer. And for that, I thank him.

12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Wishing him the best...Johnson is a nice kid...and a winner

He may actually have a chance to shine with Mudiay

13. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

thx for the hilarious name

14. frontline94

frontline94 Member

capela looks bigger

15. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Nick J is a Chelsea fan?

Now I'm glad he's gone.. :grin:

#LFC baby!

16. PeppermintCandy

For me, Johnshon's biggest contribution to the team was staying in the D-league and helping Capela develop his game. That's not a knock on Johnson by any means.

Actually, I thought pretty highly of Johnson, and within a few seasons, he could develop into a heady, tough floor general for some team's bench unit. I think the Rockets thought so too, but naturally getting someone of Lawson's caliber took precedence.

17. Dei

Dei Member

I really liked the kid. Great attitude but it was obvious he needed minutes to improve which just weren't available here.

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'm glad he'll have an opportunity to get some minutes in Denver, I'd imagine. Hope he does well.

19. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

I like how people take our undersized guys.

20. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Great guy, great athlete, hard worker....will do well in this league b/c of his work ethic. Wish Nick all the best in life and in his NBA career.