1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2015-2016] Jeremy Lin as a Charlotte Hornet

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by swyyyguy, Jul 8, 2015.

1. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

I don't think you ever lived or been to Shanghai. Yao was raise in one of the worlds top city and to parents with the means to provide him with all the training that is equal if not better than Lin. Also, Shanghai people are the most open minded and can adapt to the west better than any other Chinese nationals because their city has always been the been an international center to the outside world. Yes the language was an issue compare to Lin. Yao did not need to face ever one questioning if he had the talent to play sports growing up due to being an Asian growing up in the USA.

You definitely are a very racist and ignorant person! Wow you stero type of China is over the edge by boy!

1 person likes this.
  2. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

Haha...show the prove I said this.

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Settle down Danang.

You are going through another one of your typical meltdowns.

4. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

Exactly! Good post

5. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

New flash! Its about making money from Chinese investors and getting gheir fanbase for Les.

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Racist offers made to Jeremy Lin:

1) $25 Million Contract by the Houston Rockets and a starting spot.

2) Lakers trade for Jeremy Lin, and his atrocious overpaid last year of the contract salary, and offer him a starting spot.

He eventually loses his spot on both teams to "nobodies".

What a terrible case of racism he had to go through. Both teams making him an outrageous offer and giving him golden opportunities.

Being the gentleman that he is, he turned the other cheek, and wasted both offers for the sake of being fair to players playing behind him.

[​IMG]

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yao Ming made more money from Chinese market for Les than Lin ever did for his entire career everwhere

Jeremy Lin made lots of money for himself exploiting his race in Asia

His blatant use of race will buy him lots of jesus pieces and bad haircuts for a lifetime

8. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Do you currently see anybody arguing that the Rockets, McHale, the Lakers, or anybody dealing with him after Linsanity have been racist to him? I haven't read much of this thread, but from what I've seen people are simply saying Lin had a tougher than average path to the NBA being an Asian American, which is pretty obvious. But nah, it's easier to argue against imaginary Lin-crazies that likely left this board years ago, using funny "zingers" and "GIFs". How about we have an actual rational discussion? Oh wait, I forgot I'm in the Jeremy Lin thread. I'll see myself out.

9. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Let's get this thread to 200 pages before the season!

10. omgTHEpotential

11. malakas

malakas Member

First of all there are TONS and I mean TONS of lin only fans who call everyone who doesn't worship Lin a racist. From coaches, other players to simple fans of the team the forum of which they have invaded.
    Secondly and more to the point here, your argument doesn't make sense because you are taking for granted that LIN actually deserved to go to a big college. There are TONS of players who went to small bball colleges regardless of their background or their race. Hell even the current MVP went to a small college.
    WAS this because there is racism against kids of former nba plyers, or mixed kids? Or racism against hazel eyes?
    NO.
    It's because basketball is a SPORT that requires physical gifts that not everyone is born with. When you are short and frail then you are in a disadvantage. That's NOT racism. That's the reality of the sport.
    Tall people in basketball are given much more opportunity than smaller people especially when there are literally thousands pointguards but only a handfull of centers.

Not everyone can make it in the NBA and that has nothing to do with being an Asian american, or a greek or a green horned alien.
    Tons of people never make it even in the D league and that has nothing to do with their race.
    OH REALLY? You mean CHINA that has one of the WORST basketball developmental programs decades behind europe provided better basketball development than freaking USA? The worlds best country in basketball? Are you freaking joking?
    OR you mean the pressure of the inhumane chinese system of athletes who are groomed from birth and have actually no individual choice on their careers is you know..tougher on the soul than being an Asian american from a priviledged background?
    The pressure of someone who MUST fullfil their "duty" to their country by all means necessary or else be digraced for ever is tougher than being a citizen of USA?
    I think it's you who have no idea.

And your last sentence didn't make any sense. I don't speak good english either but I'm sure you can do better than that.
    Actually if we want to come down to this, this is racist. Being given huge insane contract that you don't deserve AT ALL only because you have fans who support you only because of the color of your skin and your ethnicity.

12. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

lmao

hey are u the guy who knows john??

13. KePoW

More challenges than black people in America? I doubt that

14. KePoW

Any football fan (which is basically any native Texan) knows who Dat is

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah i saw ricky williams run over his ass!
    Lol

99ers know cause we're ancient and justified

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Uhhhh...yeah.

Plenty of folks have accused Rockets, McHale, and the Lakers of being racist against Jeremy Lin.

This is not the first time you have butted in and made a complete fool of yourself.

You should have seen yourself out the last time you made a fool of yourself when you butted in claiming Lakers fans wanted Lin to get his minutes, when the fact was that more than 85% of the Lakers fans wanted Jeremy Lin gone, which eventually happened.

[​IMG]

17. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

Oh lord... Someone's fishing for rep

18. Matthieu

Matthieu Member

45 pages thread, and he still haven't played for Charlotte ... #Linsanity

1 person likes this.
  19. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I feel that since the Rox, as a team, are so close with China/Asia Marketing they don't get officiated fairly in the average game. Is it wrong to feel that way when it's obvious?

20. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh lord... Someone's fishing for rep