1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Codman's intel (taken from soon-defunct "cyberx" thread)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROXTXIA, Jul 12, 2015.

1. finsraider

finsraider Member

Beverley and Brewer have both officially signed per the Rockets own twitter account. Not sure about Thornton, but he's a minimum guy, so his signing wouldn't have an impact on anything else going on.

2. hooroo

hooroo Member

officially announced but not submitted to the league. when it gets rubber stamped in ny it appears on that link.

3. basketballholic

Actually that's not true either. I used to think that was the case but I found out a year ago that there is a disconnect between the league office and the people responsible for putting the transactions on the web site. Not only do they not put a lot of transactions up in a timely manner, they don't put some transactions up at all.

4. Big Shot Bob

Big Shot Bob Member

Maybe codman's under the radar guy is someone like Ben Gordon, Donald Sloan, Will Bynum or Andre Miller. All these guys can handle the rock and would be cheap to sign.

5. Nimo

Nimo Member

Would have loved Andre Miller

[​IMG]

6. Big Shot Bob

Big Shot Bob Member

I would have too. But last year he still showed he could handle back up minutes and be productive. I would prefer Ben Gordon or Donald Sloan if I had to pick from that group. They both could be an offensive complement to the Wolverine.

7. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Paging Codman...

totally could use a Ryan Anderson trade...:(

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I guess by out of this world you meant someone offering Josh a contract.

9. betterhomesbytj

EVERYTHING codman said came out wrong!!! this is BS

10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

he's been right on Jordan Hamilton with some undecipherable riddle about currency and I guess about Thornton. He's been terribly wrong on Smith and Melo. He's not very clear on anything so honestly it's hard to tell what he is being truthful about and what he is throwing smoke at.

11. betterhomesbytj

HE WAS ALSO WRONG ABOUT D WILL...... also he said no body would offer josh smith a lot of money but the kings offered like 4 years 70 mil or something along those lines................

EVERYTHING HE SAID WAS WRONG ACORDING TO WHAT HE SAID EARLIER

12. betterhomesbytj

WRONG!!!

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Can Ryan Anderson play point guard?

14. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

wait, you thought that tweet was serious?

15. betterhomesbytj

Since the cyberx thread of 2500+ pages is about to be taken behind the barn and taken out of its misery, I wanted to lift codman's recent contributions, mainly posted there, but which would otherwise be lost or forgotten.

In fact, they're already falling away as that thread is now mostly full of "it's been a good ride, thaaaaaaaaanks for the memories....." type posts.

Some decent tidbits he's picked up, posted in the last day:

Regarding Deron Williams' buyout:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Codman View Post
    I heard whispers from my side about it early on. Dwight is well liked and best buds with Smooth and Dwill.

The Brotherhood is deep. DWill was always going to be bought out. Dallas is home, but Houston was right there.

Guess what? We're not done. Our splash is completely under the damn radar. UNDER.

Let it breathe.

Remember Rafer Alston and Mike James? Traded right before, well, you know the story.

We're good.

Just don't let people devalue Trevor. That could be the final factor.

Peace and love from Cali.

Cod.

Rick Adelman stomping grounds ....coming to a theater near you.

About Josh Smith (actually from a thread about said player):

Quote:
    For what it's worth, KJ's value is a smoke screen.

Brewer was a SMART signing! A guy who can drop 50 points on us and play his heart out every night is hard to find. I don't give a damn if that LAC rim rim-checked him. CB is a keeper. Morey knows that talent and drive is hard to find.

Now to J-Smoov, not to be confused with my college roomie J-smooth (proud of him for longevity!) Always had a goal to play behind a great center. I wish Morey saw what he could do just a bit more. He can be a stretch 4 and his jumper has been better every year. But I am biased...friends do that to you.

This is why JSmoov is quiet:

Value. His biggest value is here. His family (Dwight, Trevor (have grown SUPER close since the Clippers "alleged" quit that Dwight suggested) Jet, James, Corey and Kevin (yuck) Mchale believe in him)

No other team is going to offer him the money he thinks he's entitled to.

Plus, that Detroit money is still good.

Josh has said repeatedly that he wants to win (check interviews.) He is no lnger the ATL Josh at the Highlight factory. Houston gives him the best role to do what he can do, AND DMO IS NOT HEALING AS FAST AS We'd all like. Believe me, I was wrong about the kid, but I'll still go to war with a guy who can play in the post and knock clutch threes down. Josh still has what DMo needs time to find: Personal Pain. That Pain, That Doubt to win. Kevin McHale, Dwight and ,yes, Trevor (long story) made Josh a winner again.

Unless something happens out of this world, Josh will be a Rocket. My town of PHX has some interest due to J's ties with Bled and TyTy, but Dwight isn't letting go. That's not speculation. That comes from verbal intent.

It's like a Cuttino/Stevie thing haha. DM holds the cards, but if you want your again, but dominant, healthier by the day, center, happy, you keep his very, VERY best friend. Detroit is paying. Houston doesn't have to offer much other than a decent role and freedom.

I don't know Josh, but when I worked in the Beat, Josh is an introvert and wants freedom. Not cash freedom. Court freedom. And, as much as Kevin can't get his X's and O's together, Josh has repeatedly said that Kev is the ONLY coach since High School that believed in him. That says a lot. Well, to me as a HS and college coach/scout.

I don't know what KJ will do, but he is a non-factor. He hasn't proven anything yet. Josh has a track record. And, a good one at that.

FOr all of you doubters, THERE would be NO game 7 vs LAC without Josh and Trevor. Remember that. Josh showed more heart than I've seen for ages. Same with Jet.

I'm exhausted though. Is anyone in Vegas for the Summer Showcase? Message me? Let's watch. My cell is open and my seats are good. The talent is unbelievable, and Phil Jackson may just have made me a believer. He's either got Dirk or AK47 with a jumper.

Love is Love until All Love Is Lost.

-Cod.

PS...I love ya'll, and I'd like an update from BimaThug if he has time.

About Phoenix almost getting LMA:

Quote:
    Decently close.

Even ThundaD had his moment to recruit.

There was a 5th year problem, but LMA is a smart guy. Allegedly (I wasn't there) but LMA doubted the chemistry on the team. He saw a bunch of talent that couldn't put it together.

Pair that up with Horny, and you have a mess. Those players don't respect him. After their signings (expensive for TyTy) expect a clean house...

LMA may very well be on his last contract with his legs and back. PHX isn't a contender. He listened, but he had his eyes on becoming a champ all along. (Allegedly, he almost returned to Portland because of D.Lill. The problem is is that POR is now Damian's team. LMA, like Dwight, wants to be a BRAND. He never has been one. Now's his chance.

We had our chance, but very little to work with. I love Dwight, I love James, but our guys make some deep dough.

I'm happy for LaMarcus, even if he dropped 40 points on us 2 games in a row in the playoffs. Oh, hi, Kevin McHale. It's called a simple low post, high post double. We had that guy Omer ...nevermind....

About our PG situation:

Quote:
    This could go in another thread.

Denver is having a firesale. They gave Wilson his money.

But, Lawson is a cancer.

From my reach from my hometown, EVERY team has an interest in TY, but his own personality and demands (including social media) is killing it.

He thinks he's better than he is.

I don't think he's our main target for PG, mainly because he doesn't want to be a PG. He wants to score. And, he'd have to apologize for all his remarks to James about defense.

If you recall, we weren't after him last year. That was a good ol' Morey bluff. The real deal was Affalo. He was ours until the last minute.

Now we can't grab him because of his new deal.

Ty is a long shot.

Look under the water, the lost baggage, the skeletons that DM picks up and turns to new life. They're there.

And, Rick Adelman is the common denominator.

Ever think about a guard that plays guard but is really an off guard? Oh wait, kind of like James. It's being looked at.

More later....

Summer League time.

BTW, whomever said Scola is coming back? Whereheatdoe(Ti Reference) That would be AMAZING.

I'm not trying to get fired from watching/scouting/reporting/writing (Hi, Big4) but please remember the Rafer/Mike James timeline. It takes time for build art.

"It's sooo coollld in the D...err Snowta? Not enough room. Oh yeah, Kevin used to work there, right?

Love to you and yours. But not to Scottie Pippen.

Peace.

CodMaN

Kind of a sign-off and nod to cyberx and his own circle of info and "go, summer league!":

Quote:
    Last Thing:

My wifey just reminded me to reiterate this: I have nothing but love for CyberX. I don't know him.

I respect his circle.

Mine is different.

I'm no insider, but I work for a team within the league and publish under pseudonym for protection. Big4 is a big deal.

Cyber knows his stuff, from what i have read.

All I am is an employee with friends in the business/league/agents that TALk.

I'm essentially an "EAR" to it all and I take pride in being able to hear it, esp. as a Rockets fan.

Sometimes it falls through, other times it doesn't.

Even a no-name like Jordan Hamilton was a great deal of info I got.

One day, one day, we'll talk about Kevin Love. What a chameleon.

Love is Love is no longer, but that was coming, cosigned by DocRocket.

Okay, one love to Clutch, Oeilpere, Doc, Cyber, Will, Jeff, Bima, JR.

I'm out to see some ball and the city of sin.

WRONG

16. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

Actually, Lawson now fits that "skeleton, lost baggage" that needs new life description. Although I doubt that's where COD was going.

17. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Clearly, Morey is after Kevin Martin.

He fits absolutely everything that's been said.

If it's not, I'd be shocked. We'll get him on the cheap.

He's not a definite need, but would be perfect on this team.

18. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I thought I read somewhere that he doesn't want to be in Houston?

19. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I missed that, if so.

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Jeez, dude, go take your medication.